October $250* challenge vol. Dat Frugal Life *REGISTRATION CLOSED*

I try my BEST to live life like you lol, its so hard. What state do you live in?
I live in NY. I just try to be frugal as much as I can now until I finish up school this year. I have financial aid take care of all my tuition for the year so I don't have to worry about that. My monthly budget is for gas, 3-4 grocery trips a month, and my phone bill. I still live at home so I give my dad money as well.

The going out and socializing will give people the most trouble. I used to go out every weekend like everyone else and spend a lot of money on drinks, cab / train rides, and food. I blacked out last month and checked my bank account to find out I bought a round of shots and gave the bartender a generous tip. I don't remember any of that :lol: :smh:. I prefer to stay home now and relax instead of barhopping.

The only thing that would give me trouble now is all the new fall jackets and hoodies that stores have.

I'll keep track of what I spend in October and see how well I did. One of my bestfriends is celebrating his birthday in AC but i'm not sure if i'm going yet.

I live in NY. I just try to be frugal as much as I can now until I finish up school this year. I have financial aid take care of all my tuition for the year so I don't have to worry about that. My monthly budget is for gas, 3-4 grocery trips a month, and my phone bill. I still live at home so I give my dad money as well.
The going out and socializing will give people the most trouble. I used to go out every weekend like everyone else and spend a lot of money on drinks, cab / train rides, and food. I blacked out last month and checked my bank account to find out I bought a round of shots and gave the bartender a generous tip. I don't remember any of that :lol: :smh:. I prefer to stay home now and relax instead of barhopping.
The only thing that would give me trouble now is all the new fall jackets and hoodies that stores have.
I'll keep track of what I spend in October and see how well I did. One of my bestfriends is celebrating his birthday in AC but i'm not sure if i'm going yet.

I'm in NY too, staying in is hard B.
I'm going to be hitting up YELP looking for cheap or free things to do around the city.

Added:
HarlemToTheBronx
krazyblunts

d8b.png

knapp01.png

I'm going to try an do this but I'll also add groceries. Definitely need to cut out on the weekend and random dinners.

Just going to calculate everything by using only the CC. I'll withdraw 100 from the bank and see where it goes from there.

I want in, from what I understand that after you budget for everything; bills, gas, food haircuts, etc., then you have $250 for the month to play with. Put me in I am going to put pencil to paper and budget accordingly for the month of October. Then should save me from spending ALOT of frivolous dollars....

I will participate as well. Live with my father, so I don't have to budget for groceries but I do pay rent and some bills.
I'm going to shoot for the original challenge of $100 :lol: My girl better be ready to eat some home-cooked meals.

I'll join. I need to save money honestly. I just hope I don't go spending that one night at the bar.

Can't do as of now. Cigs and food run that much for me. I need to lern to stick to a budget lol

Added:

6 rings MJ
Frank 7th T4nk
lynchpin33
TxRook
youngpnoi

And I think $250 is still real challenging, I've been tracking my expenses since Friday and I've already spent $226! And it doesn't even feel like I'm buying much

I was thinking of joining but didn't realize my dad's birthday is next week. Have to buy him a present, and we're taking him out to the movies and dinner after. Half my budget would be gone in one day :lol:. I hope we do this next month too, I don't think anyone I know has a bday that month.

Back
Top Bottom