Official '16 JORDAN XII Black/Red FLU-GAME (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING FAQS PG.1)

I was confused what bro was talking about in the second portion of the post, the original black and red 12s and the 2003 retro were all leather. The 2009 variant "Flu Game"/"Food Poison Game" 12s was Nubuck and Leather and the 2016 will be all leather like the original and 2003 retro.
The black and red cw of the 12 has always been called Flu Games, even before the 09 retro released. Get over it.

Flu game nickname is cool to me. I laugh every time I see people who are typically newer say that the 2009 is the only flu game 12. Technically each version of the shoe can be called the Breds too. But I though NT hated that nickname?

I don't believe that back when the original released they were called the "Flu Games".
even if that isn't the case, the nickname was not born in 2009.

Consider this, the 12s already had the nickname before 09, JB added the sick face and stuff as a gimmick to a product already associated with the infamous " flu game". Flu game wasnt even on the box of the 2009 pair lol. The same as the 2009 school daze gimmick in the OG Shadows and Lakers 1s and the stupid mars 4s, only this time they changed details to play off of the nickname the shoe already had

Last edited:
True, I see they did that with the Nike Air Cement 4s and was a great change. Hope they do use a lighter red on the Black and Red 12s. As for the second part of the post:

View media item 1903787

View media item 1903791

That's what I'm saying. The 1997 black and red 12s dressed in leather ----> flu game joints or what is referred to as the "flu game 12s". The 2003 black and red 12 retro also dressed in leather ----> retro of them flu game joints so "flu game 12s". This up coming 2016 retro of the black and red 12s in leather ----> another retro of them flu game joints so, here it comes, "flu game 12s". Yea when they were released in 1997 they didn't have flu game on the box, but the fans who watched that game and performance by MJ, who was reported to be suffering from flu like symptoms during the game, referred to the black and red 12s he was wearing during said performance as "flu game 12s". It's like a memory thing when fans remember the colorway of the shoe that player dropped 50 something or 60 something points in. This is why in 2009 JB tried to capitalize off that hype.

The 2009 POS with the GreatValue smiley fruit snack piece on the tongues don't get acknowledged. They more like the fluke game 12s bc JB releasing them like that was a fluke and they were playing games with our emotions. Lol. Those 2009 joints not the flu games, they not the food poison games. They're just trash.

View media item 1904967
View media item 1904968
Trash (3rd ones in the pic)
View media item 1904972
View media item 1904969
View media item 1904970
View media item 1904971

Last edited:
That's what I'm saying. The 1997 black and red 12s dressed in leather ----> flu game joints or what is referred to as the "flu game 12s". The 2003 black and red 12 retro also dressed in leather ----> retro of them flu game joints so "flu game 12s". This up coming 2016 retro of the black and red 12s in leather ----> another retro of them flu game joints so, here it comes, "flu game 12s". Yea when they were released in 1997 they didn't have flu game on the box, but the fans who watched that game and performance by MJ, who was reported to be suffering from flu like symptoms during the game, referred to the black and red 12s he was wearing during said performance as "flu game 12s". It's like a memory thing when fans remember the colorway of the shoe that player dropped 50 something or 60 something points in. This is why in 2009 JB tried to capitalize off that hype.

The 2009 POS with the GreatValue smiley fruit snack piece on the tongues don't get acknowledged. They more like the fluke game 12s bc JB releasing them like that was a fluke and they were playing games with our emotions. Lol. Those 2009 joints not the flu games, they not the food poison games. They're just trash.

View media item 1904967
View media item 1904968
Trash (3rd ones in the pic)
View media item 1904972
View media item 1904969
View media item 1904970
View media item 1904971

Tell em mayne.

I truly don't get these arguments over a nickname tho it's quite silly. I mean how many nicknames did MJ or A. I. have and we still knew we were talking about him. Bred, Black & Red, Flu Game= Same ish.

Last edited:
^^ exactly. Whole argument is played, you dudes been going at it for years about the stupid nicknames. Who cares at the end of the day the are HEAT :pimp:

The argument isn't over the preference of which nickname to use for the shoe, it's over noobs thinking that we can't call the 2016 pair flu games because only the 2009 pair were the flu games.

The argument isn't over the preference of which nickname to use for the shoe, it's over noobs thinking that we can't call the 2016 pair flu games because only the 2009 pair were the flu games.

That's a whole notha dumber argument.

Yall that paragraph accompanied by the visual aids post I made this morning was after my wake n bake lol.

But still my love for them 2009 joints is nonexistent. We wouldn't even have to call a truce if those was never released in the first place. Everybody would know that when I say flu game 12s I was referring to the black and red 12s dressed in all leather. Lol what if JB released hare 7s with a graphic of a rabbit on on the side? Would we start calling those the hares and all other hare 7s would be called the white, silver and tourmaline 7s? Lol bad example but you get my point.

Yall that paragraph accompanied by the visual aids post I made this morning was after my wake n bake lol.

But still my love for them 2009 joints is nonexistent. We wouldn't even have to call a truce if those was never released in the first place. Everybody would know that when I say flu game 12s I was referring to the black and red 12s dressed in all leather. Lol what if JB released hare 7s with a graphic of a rabbit on on the side? Would we start calling those the hares and all other hare 7s would be called the white, silver and tourmaline 7s? Lol bad example but you get my point.
it's actually a great example. It's what happens when a new generation of shoe heads come in. There's folks who are confused about the Nike air returning and folks whose sneaker insight or memory only goes back to 2011 or 2009 at best.

I've been wearing the hell out of my black cat 3s lately on my campus and only the sneaker collectors (not sneakerheads) have complimented then due to their age and rarity now

Some NT'ers weren't born yet or was too young to remember that game, so i see why some don't understand that all of the black/red 12's are flu games 97,03,09,16 or breds i don't care about nicknames people get mad when i say allstar 12s not playoffs but he wore them in the allstar game like 13s i laugh at them

Some NT'ers weren't born yet or was too young to remember that game, so i see why some don't understand that all of the black/red 12's are flu games 97,03,09,16 or breds i don't care about nicknames people get mad when i say allstar 12s not playoffs but he wore them in the allstar game like 13s i laugh at them

I remember that game vividly. Don't remember anyone calling them "flu games" or Breds. We always used to reference them by their color (black and red 12's). I'm not one for silly nick names but realize that's how the younger folks refer to them.

Back
Top Bottom