OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Fisher needs to go. He's not even a mediocre coach. Just plain awful. Dude was forced into coaching just because of the opportunity given to him. This isnt for him.

People hyped him up as a coach when he retired and he heard rumblings that teams would be interested in him and that he would get paid well. So he said F it let me get this money.

grant + galloway to finish game= win
yeah amundson & thomas getting minutes is totally fine as long as fisher doesn't keep them out there when the game is tight at the end

lopez and o'quinn need more important possessions

I dont like Grant in there as much as some of you guys. He has a lot of flaws to his game that can easily be exposed. Still better than Caldo. This lineup should be finishing games...

Gallo
Afflalo
Melo
KP
Lopez

I can't see them letting Fisher go...the organization tends to over-exhaust coaching situations

Last edited:
I dont like Grant in there as much as some of you guys. He has a lot of flaws to his game that can easily be exposed. Still better than Caldo. This lineup should be finishing games...

Gallo
Afflalo
Melo
KP
Lopez

I think we can all agree to that, it's beyond baffling to sit and watch these games go by without any line up changes. I know Fish wants everyone to play so we can have a "deep" team, but be consistent. ^ that's the 5 that should finish every game for us, barring anyone else having a particularly special night. the last few games for us were winnable but again, coaching hiccups were costly. One can only hope Fisher wakes up and makes these changes while the season's early.

I cant take Fisher's late game rotations anymore. This guy is freaking clueless. If the Pelicans weren't GOD AWFUL we would have lost this like all the rest.

Sidenote: am I tweaking if I think the best comparison for KP if he reaches his full potential is AD and not Dirk?
I agree the dirk comparison doesn't really make sense at all when u think about it basketball wise

Last edited:
I agree the dirk comparison doesn't really make sense at all when u think about it basketball wise

Ya I mean Ik a bunch of people in here jumped on me for asking the question but I think it's worth thinking about.

KP has shown he is plenty athletic with the constant putback dunks, the steals leading to his on fast break, and the attempted lob that Lance messed up the other not. Obviously he's not AS athletic as AD but he's pretty dam close to say he's 7'3".

I also think it's a fair comparison for his potential to affect the defensive side like AD too, as well as his rebounding. Add in AD's ability to spread the floor with the mid range shot and now the 3? I think it's a much fairer comparison than people originally gave it credit for.

Now obviously I'm not saying he's going to be an exact clone of AD, especially just 11 games into his rookie season but I don't think it's that far out to expect him to be able to be that type of player 3 or 4 years from now if he stays relatively healthy and maximizes his potential.

Jose Calderon here at my cheesecake factory but Im not serving his table

I should step on his foot to help our PG situation :nerd:

Jose Calderon here at my cheesecake factory but Im not serving his table

I should step on his foot to help our PG situation
nerd.gif
how bout that team knicks discount fam?

Considering the starting schedule i'm content even if i think we should have won 2 or 3 more games. It's all good. KP looked like he was trying to hard today. I was furious when tbey called a foul on his dunk rebound

Melo looked pretty good. The tean needs to move around more

Melo's just starting to get his legs under him 100%.

I think he's gonna have an MVP candidate season.

Grant's gotta become a slashing guard and he has the potential to.

Calderon starting to wake up a bit too.

Great to see a competitive team in orange & blue again. View media item 1788778

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom