OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Those highlights up there. All I see is Melo making tough contested shots. Shots that if he missed we would be singing a different tune about this game. You see the ball stop in Melos hand. If he makes it , it looks good.
If he misses were screwed. :lol:
Def not good

the NBA really hates us. on gametime, every other team gets a decent highlight segment. we get like 15 seconds :smh:

Melo's made a HOF career out of making tough shots. that's what he does.

we need a W tomorrow with OKC, Houston, & Miami up next on the road

he's a future hall of famer but somehow not a superstar and is overrated

Damn, that makes too much sense. Don't think it's even possible to call dude overrated if your subjectively discussing him and his career
Problem is people expect him to be something he isn't. And that's what I don't get. If you've followed Melo his entire career he's always been one of the best pure scorers in the game who can rebound well for his position and make the right pass in the proper system. He has his limitations, and can be a ball stopper at times but his iso tendencies are the result of lazy coaching. I never saw him in high school but from Boeheim to Karl to Sn he's always been asked to just create his own shot rather than be a system player.

Problem is people expect him to be something he isn't. And that's what I don't get. If you've followed Melo his entire career he's always been one of the best pure scorers in the game who can rebound well for his position and make the right pass in the proper system. He has his limitations, and can be a ball stopper at times but his iso tendencies are the result of lazy coaching. I never saw him in high school but from Boeheim to Karl to Sn he's always been asked to just create his own shot rather than be a system player.

You're just being ridiculous now. #TradeMelo and hand the keys to a rook whose played 11 games because he's already better than a future hall of famer. Right guys? :smokin

#NTLogic :lol:

Last edited:
Melo has been forced to take A LOT of unnecessarily tough shots since he came to the Knicks.

Much of it is brought on by his ball holding in the half court but a lot of it is also us dribbling from East to West until there's 7 seconds left, kicking it to him and praying for a miracle.

It's really a testament to his talent that his FG% is as high as it is.

I just hope that we can continue to add quality pieces in the offseason and have competent coaching (Fisher or otherwise) by next season, so that he can finally get a fair chance to make a run and quiet the haters.

Last edited:
very good analysis for our star. props guys. a lot of people want melo to be just like bron. both are good at what they do. bron is the best athlete in the league and a great playmaker. melo will probably beat anyone in the league in 1 v 1. obviously thats not how the nba works, but thats just a testament to how much work he's put into his offensive game. there are a few people that you can just throw the ball to and say "get a bucket" and actually expect them to put points on the board. yeah, sometimes he looks kind of lazy. but when hes not getting the ball for the whole shot clock until the last 5 seconds, repeatedly every night, you start to get kind of annoyed. i mean he knows by know that hes the bail out play, so i can understand when he looks frustrated at times.

a lot of shots KP's been missing are very makeable, not worried about him at all.

the move he put on AD :x :x

pork fingers is my favorite so far

ive come to realize people just don't like melo.  criticize him for what hes not when he loses and ignore him when he wins.  this has been the routine for a while now

Last edited:
Melo is who he is. An inefficient superstar. Good rebounder, very willing passer, and a solid defender when he wants to be though.

He was never teammates with another HOF'er in their prime so it makes sense why alot of his negatives can be easily magnified.

Last edited:
I hate the word inefficient. Cause I hate the dude's who don't take shots becuase they want to protect their pretty FG percentage. You still be selfish and be "efficient" as hell

Na i dont think Melo is one of those dudes. I cant think of any NBA player that actually shoots less to keep their FG% high tbh :lol:

Melo does take some really dumb shots sometimes though.

Back
Top Bottom