OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
People forget how much Amare getting injured hurt this team. Yes Amare was a huge risk with his knees and his signing completely backfired.

But healthy Amare was a MVP candidate and was supposed to be 1A and 1B with Melo.

Then the Bargnani trade really set us back even more because it delays us rebuilding through the draft, not to mention we haven't drafted any impact player outside of KP.

This makes us an unattractive situation which explains our struggle to land solid FAs.

We took two bad gambles, Amare's health and Bargnani. Got nothing out of them but cost us a lot and people are somehow surprised how we failed to build around Melo.

Building a perennial winner take a series of successful moves and no way a franchise can survive two really bad ones especially with us being below average in talent evaluation and free agency.

Which is why this off-season is crucial, either a complete rebuild by trading Melo or go all out and get some talent on this team. Being a 30-40 win team next year is worst case scenario, this team needs a direction.

This ain't the same front office as 10 years ago. But alright I'll just be patient by myself. Less stress for me :lol:
:lol:

I get it, man. I used to preach patience too...but where does it end? How many new GMs are we going to bring in and fail with?

And the one time we thought we had someone who was doing it right (Donnie Walsh) he was pushed out. Not to mention he fact that Sterling almost had to force Dolan to fire Isiah and hire Donnie.

So we finally bring in someone who's an NBA legend. A former Knick. Someone who helped Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan reach the highest levels of basketball, and he's more interested in building his legacy than he is building the roster.

The fact that he could in his right mind say or even think that Kurt Rambis is the answer as the coach here is alarming.

The cherry on top is we were pretty much all cool with hiring the first guy Phil wanted, but he went to GS and won a title, then broke the single season win record.

I can't take his abuse anymore, man. A part of me wishes Melo went to Chicago last summer. I feel sorry for him wasting away here and I feel sorry for us being limited in the moves we can make.

The only hope we have to cling onto is KP.

Last edited:
Worst part is whoever Phil hires as coach will probably be fired by the new GM in 3 years.

This ain't the same front office as 10 years ago. But alright I'll just be patient by myself. Less stress for me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I get it, man. I used to preach patience too...but where does it end? How many new GMs are we going to bring in and fail with?

And the one time we thought we had someone who was doing it right (Donnie Walsh) he was pushed out. Not to mention he fact that Sterling almost had to force Dolan to fire Isiah and hire Donnie.

So we finally bring in someone who's an NBA legend. A former Knick. Someone who helped Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan reach the highest levels of basketball, and he's more interested in building his legacy than he is building the roster.

The fact that he could in his right mind say or even think that Kurt Rambis is the answer as the coach here is alarming.

The cherry on top is we were pretty much all cool with hiring the first guy Phil wanted, but he went to GS and won a title, then broke the single season win record.

I can't take his abuse anymore, man. A part of me wishes Melo went to Chicago last summer. I feel sorry for him wasting away here and I feel sorry for us being limited in the moves we can make.

The only hope we have to cling onto is KP.
I feel you bro. But patience is all I have to cling to 
laugh.gif

its not just knicks fans that are confused and irritated. im sure other owners, execs, etc are aware of phil's lack of production and close minded thinking. so lets say he quits or leaves after this contract ends. does he really think that another team is gonna hire him? if you cant make the playoffs for 5 years (hopefully its not that long) and you have a carmelo anthony and KP, then you are a certified **** up as a front office exec.

no one will hire him if hes only gonna hire one of his friends to coach and force the triangle and make arrogant *** statements like hes won something. yes, hes won 11 rings AS A COACH, but as an exec, he aint ****. so that arrogant remark doesnt equate to anything.

in hindsight, we shoulve traded caldo and thjr for teague. its not like theyre gonna resign him anyway with schroeder on the rise.

I try not to but in retrospect I always wonder if Dolan never forced that trade for Melo
Can't blame nobody but Dolan for the position the team is in now

Watching the playoffs cool and all but damn it sucks when your team ain't in it. 3 seasons with no playoffs smh.

Would've been nice to have the draft picks but the Melo trade wasn't bad at all.

Chandler & Gallinari play the same position as Melo and can't stay healthy. Lopez >>> Mozgov. Felton is Felton.

I really liked chandlers game. Remember when dude got his tooth knocked out and son just spit it out and kept on playing.

Watching the playoffs cool and all but damn it sucks when your team ain't in it. 3 seasons with no playoffs smh.

lol you're looking at it more positively than me... I see it as the last 17 years of BS

Yeah we made the playoffs in a few of those years but it was pure B.S with what happened in those series lol

Once the Knicks picked Frederic Weiss, it was all downward for me as a young obsessed knick fan

And then people say to me be patient :rofl:

Last edited:
Warriors assistant coach Luke Walton already has interviewed with at least two teams, including the Knicks and Nets, according to an NBA source.

Walton had pulled himself out of consideration from the Nets, who announced the hiring of Kenny Atkinson on Sunday.

According to a source, Knicks president Phil Jackson already has spoken with Walton, though it’s unclear if it was just a phone interview. The Post reported in Saturday’s editions the Warriors would give Walton permission to talk to other teams as long as it doesn’t interfere with the playoff push.

Back
Top Bottom