OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
Now we have to believe that Phil is going all in for Durant, problem with that is if he swings and misses its probably D Howard

Not even mad at the deal. I'm glad we got rod of Calderon. Lopez was nice, but with KP stepping up the way he did last year, I think we're okay letting him go and giving KP a little bit more responsibility.

No first rounders either.

I'm glad Rose is expiring. Hopefully he stays relatively healthy. Fingers crossed.

i mean i gotta point out what's wrong with acquiring a player like rose? really gotta take you by the hand and tell you why that's a dumb move?

What does this do to our cap? Someone with math skills and cap knowledge break it down please.

We probably gain around 200 k in cap room

Lopez - 13,219,250
Calderon - 7,708,427
Grant - 1,643,040

Total: 22,570,717

for

Rose: 21,323,252
Holiday: 1,015,696

Total: 22,338,948

He's an expiring and we got money to play with if it doesn't work. And we didn't give up a first rounder. It's a decent trade

If we gave up a first round pick, then I would have had a problem with this trade lol

Last edited:
I'm slowly beginning to resent this thread and many of you bozo's.

Can someone please elaborate why they feel this is a "bad" trade?

Sure, it's a bummer we lost Lopez, but he was owed $40 Million till the end of the 2018 season. We now got a $21 Million expiring with Rose and we freed up another $8 Million in Calderon. I didn't like that we gave up Grant, but we were bloated in the PG position and basically gave up a backup role player. And on top of all that, we're the ones getting a draft pick here.

This is all in play for the big free agency in 2017. Phil is looking into the future with these moves.

Let's see what phil does this offseason in free agency and in the draft.

My thoughts exactly my man.

He's an expiring and we got money to play with if it doesn't work. And we didn't give up a first rounder. It's a decent trade

If we gave up a first round pick, then I would have had a problem with this trade lol
I had to read the article twice. Couldn't believe we didn't give up a first rounders.

Honestly, this is a very good trade for us getting rid of Calderon and Lopez long contract (considering he could stunt KPs growth by clogging up the middle).

Think Phil's ties with Chicago helped?:nerd:

Rose being a Chicago boy probably loves Phil.

Do y'all remember how many games we won last year? Y'all wanna keep that unit together?
laugh.gif
THIS. THANK YOU

Derrick Rose played 66 games last season. The injury jokes are funny but many of you were in campaigning for Conley who's older, played in less games last season and is coming off a serious injury.

I don't get it.

Idk how players around the league feel about Rose. Is he a player they wanna play with? I dont trust his past medical history at all man :smh:

Derrick Rose played 66 games last season. The injury jokes are funny but many of you were in campaigning for Conley who's older, played in less games last season and is coming off a serious injury.

I don't get it.

How many games did Rose play the last 4 years compared to Conley?

Been thinking, I like it. Changed my mind. I'm on board. Not like we're winning **** next year anyway. No draft picks, dumped Jose and expiring deal so I'm with it.

Hahahaha Hahahaha approves of this trade.

I like the deal

Getting rid of Calderon and getting a second is better than nothing at all

Oh and Rose too :lol:

Last edited:
injured rose is still better than caldo....

i think im one of the few that liked this trade before it happened. i wouldve rather kept grant to see what he can become, but he was already an older rookie, so his ceiling is much lower. now we just need a center. maybe noah or a younger guy thats ready to step up. we need someone to just rebound and defend. offense wont be a problem with melo, KP, and whatever rose has left.

I don't get it.

How many games did Rose play the last 4 years compared to Conley?
In fairness, I think the most recent year is a better sample that four years of him struggling G with his knees. I feel like he may just be coming out of that. I'm hopeful, but I'm still a Knicks fan so I know the risks. that's why the fact that he's expiring is so important.

Worst case scenario we basically traded three contracts that go beyond this season for an expiring.

Mind you, we actually AQCUIRED a pick.

Back
Top Bottom