OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
I'd be on board with Bogut, he's coming off of an injury, but when isn't he, he's still a damn good rim protector.

Melo is a 4. I honestly dont even consider him a 3 anymore with the way the game is going. Melo used to be a 3 but the game has changed since than and so has he. He has gotten a lot stronger and NBA 4s have gotten a lot smaller/weaker. Melo basically is just as big/strong as any other 4 he would match up against, he is not as quick as every 3 he would match up against tho. During Olympic play and during the 2013 season we saw the best from Melo as the small ball 4. Thats what his game should be at this point and it is what is going to prolong his career.

I dont buy it being "injury risk" banging with 4s because A) Melo is strong enough to handle it and B) NOBODY ******* BANGS DOWN LOW ANYMORE. I said this **** all the time last year when everyone was getting on Porzingis for being too thin and it is even more true when it comes to the 4. If dudes like Marvin Williams and Jared ******* Dudley can reinvent themselves as small ball 4s, then Melo is clearly capable of taking his game to the next level as he gets older making the same transition.

Melo at the 4 and Porzingis at the 5 is the way this team needs to move forward. There is 0 doubt in my mind. People need to stop with the whole "banging down low" argument already... Not that Melo isnt capable of doing that anyway. If anything he is one of the few players in the NBA that still does.

And as a side note, in "pace and space" NBA, a lineup featuring Melo at the 4 and Porzingis at the 5 is EXACTLY the direction you want to head in. No need to clog the paint with extra post players when you can play those 2 at the 4 and 5 and not lose anything defensively because Melo can hang with 4s on that end and KP is already an established rim protector. To me not playing that hand is insanity. A lineup with Melo at the 4 and Porzingis at the 5 could make us a matchup nightmare in today's NBA, it is what makes both players so valuable (especially Porzingis as a once in a lifetime "stretch 5" who can hit 3s and defend the rim), but people seem to be more concerned with getting an extra big body out there with them so we can "bang down low." Enough with that ****. If the Warriors can do what they do with Barnes at the 4 and Draymond at the 5, the Knicks will be more than OK with Melo at the 4 and KP at the 5.

Last edited:
I want KP at the 5 because that's how he closes games but we do need him to be spelled 15-20 minutes a night so a backup starting center is a necessity so to speak. Don't know if Noah at his price tag fits that mold

I want KP at the 5 because that's how he closes games but we do need him to be spelled 15-20 minutes a night so a backup starting center is a necessity so to speak. Don't know if Noah at his price tag fits that mold

THIS.

Sign Mahinmi, Zeller, Pachulia, trade for Bogut etc. So many relatively cheap options. No need to spend $20M/year on someone that'll be a bench player as soon as next year.

i just want a center that can defend and rebound... they dont have to be no deandre jordan but someone that can control the paint... mo speights can actually defend, rebound and shoot someone like that we should get... maybe its just me but im stuck on the glory days how we use to play defense in the 90s and wish we can could be that type of team again

Last edited:
Just for reference.....

35% max of $30.2mil would be equivalent of $22.48mil this year
30% max of $26.4mil would be equivalent of $19.73mil this year
25% max of $22.0mil would be equivalent of $16.38mil this year
$20.0mil would be equivalent of $14.89mil this year.
$15mil would be equivalent of $11.16mil this year.
$12mil would be equivalent of $8.93mil this year
$10mil would be equivalent of $7.44mil this year
$5mil would be equivalent of $3.72mil this year.

Realtalk tho im kinda pumped for ill Will. Makes me not wanna give a center alot of years. Honestly wouldnt even want Noah if I wasnt such a big fan and didnt think/know he would fit like a glove in NYC.

Supposedly Noah said that money isn't an issue
As long as he's starting and/or ending the game on the floor
A team that can help with his Noah Arc foundation

On a side note I keep hearing that the Knicks want to bring back Seraphin... Why? I mean, hes entertaining on snapchat and **** but I hate watching the dude play. He is a black hole on offense and doesnt really do anything well besides his little lefty hook. We still have money tied to KOQ, Porzingis needs to play some center, we got his boy Willy coming over, and by all accounts we will sign another center. I really think it is in our best interest to let Seraphin walk. If we feel the need for another big to round out the roster, I would much rather sign someone like David Lee. Let Seraphin go.

And that goes double for Sasha... IMO Knicks should definitely make an effort to resign Langston, Lance, Dwill, even Cleanthony, but I wouldnt even try to resign Seraphin or Sasha.

Last edited:
I'm taking these leaks with a grain of salt but if we really sign him for $18M i'm gonna be livid. Might have to go on a Screamin' A rant

Ehhh I kinda figured he was gonna get that much. I knew it wasn't gonna be the max, but I had a feeling it was gonna be 15mil+. It's not official, but I doubt that number changes. Did anyone see that Orlando got Meeks for a second rounder? We should've made that deal. He only has 1 year left and is only making I think 6mil. Good shooter and decent defender. Oh whales...

Back
Top Bottom