OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

What channel this on? just got back from work had no idea the game was this early!

nvm, just wasnt in my guide. %%% we better get a double play here

praying_kagura_pt__ii_by_photo_cap.jpg

Come on Brox!

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

How does padilla look so far?

The cartel-curl had a very solid outing. His fastball ranges from 92-98MPH, a good breaking ball in the mid 70s and has a hard slider which eats up leftys. Hedid fall behind a lot and wasn't consistent enough with his control, but he isn't afraid to pitch inside and just go after a hitter. I was impressed,looked like he's been wearing a Dodger uni all season. I wanna see him pitch at the Ravine, good pickup IMO.

I'm I the only one disgusted by these pro giant remarks. The Giants can s**k it. I rather have the Rocks making us sweat, then let the hated ones have acrack at us.

Originally Posted by amarusgear

I'm I the only one disgusted by these pro giant remarks. The Giants can s**k it. I rather have the Rocks making us sweat, then let the hated ones have a crack at us.
Giant fans kind of have to root for us to beat the Rockies, since their only realistic shot at a playoff birth is through the Wild Card.

I'm not rooting for the Giants this weekend, %**% the stinking Giants,
laugh.gif

However, at the same time, you have to acknowledge that the Giants beating the Rockies will only help us.

Of course it will not matter if we stink it up in Cincinnati, which I doubt. The pitching matchups are in our favor, and I'm sure our hitters will enjoyhitting in that bandbox.

We win 2 out of 3 and the Rockies lose 2 out of 3, and our lead jumps to 6 games. I know the Rockies made a nice run, and it is admirable, but if they lose 2out of 3 in San Francisco, it is clearly a sign they are running out of gas. Plus, if the Giants win or even sweep the series in SF, then the Rockies willhave to focus on fending off the Giants instead of trying to catch us.

San Francisco has Lincecum-Zito-Cain going this weekend, a very tough matchup. It is almost a must win weekend for them, since they hit the road to play thePhillies and Brewers.

We will see how this chase turns out. I think we will pull away in the next week,
smokin.gif

I will be in Vegas this weekend, sending off one of my boys.

Peace

glasses.gif

As I said before, the rivalry is not what it was years back with Barry being booed to shreds while Gagne throwing fireballs and being fouled off one by one.
13177316.jpg

THAT doesn't exist anymore. The rivalry is on like cruise control and has been since #38 left and finally when Barry "didn't" retire.

Until there is something to else to come up then maybe. But for now, nope.

Good luck to the Giants this weekend. !+%# up the Rox, or just find a way to tie each game and both of you lose .25 in the standings or something
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom