OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/08/dodgers-seek-runproducing-pinch-hitter.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers Seek Run-Producing Pinch Hitter[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [August 28 at 3:14pm CST]

The Dodgers are looking to acquire a pinch hitter with power for the final month of the season, according to MLB.com's Ken Gurnick. The Dodgers have Mark Loretta and Juan Pierre off the bench, but neither player has much power, so they're looking outside the organization.

So far, Gurnick says the market for such bats appears thin. Jonny Gomes and Tony Clark could interest the Dodgers, but that's mere speculation on my part.

So this pretty much means MKZ is done?

I like Tony Clark, brings that power off the bench.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/08/dodgers-seek-runproducing-pinch-hitter.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers Seek Run-Producing Pinch Hitter[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [August 28 at 3:14pm CST]

The Dodgers are looking to acquire a pinch hitter with power for the final month of the season, according to MLB.com's Ken Gurnick. The Dodgers have Mark Loretta and Juan Pierre off the bench, but neither player has much power, so they're looking outside the organization.

So far, Gurnick says the market for such bats appears thin. Jonny Gomes and Tony Clark could interest the Dodgers, but that's mere speculation on my part.
So this pretty much means MKZ is done?

I like Tony Clark, brings that power off the bench.

What happened to Doug?? He's not coming back?

Mark Loretta and Juan Pierre are nice utility players, that's about it.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

What happened to Doug?? He's not coming back?

Mark Loretta and Juan Pierre are nice utility players, that's about it.

His rehab stint didn't do to well, I believe he had a couple hits but experienced a lot of soreness the day after and such ... so they kinda shut him down.

Oh I want the Giants to do well so we can beat them in the playoffs.

Especially since my roommate is a Gnats fan.

If I'm Ned, I go get Sheffield.

Here's tonight's lineup:

Furcal, SS

Kemp, CF

Ethier, RF

Manny, LF

Blake, 3B

Loney, 1B

Martin, C

Hudson, 2B

Billingsley, P

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

grin.gif

I doubt that will happen, especially with what he said about Joe Torre a couple of years ago.
laugh.gif

Yup, Sheff is a damn headcase.

He burned too many bridges in his stay here in Los Angeles, I know its been a different GM since Sheff has left but he wasn't the most liked playerwe've had.

A player like Tony Clark is great for the clubhouse. I would be down for that, but I don't know how much he has left to offer?

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

i was so pissed when kevin malone traded sheffield away. i pretty much was pissed at everything malone did actually
I was crushed when he traded away Mondesi.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Sheffield causes too many problems. And you don't wanna face the giants in a 7 game series. Facing lincecum 3 times and cain 2 times if it goes thedistance....uh uh

I think Manny has it in his head that when he comes up he needs to swing for the fences all the time
smh.gif

Anyways, HIDEOUS pitching performance from bills. I mean this guy hasn't looked like the Bills we know since that leg injury (I'll also attribute thatoff-season leg injury not helping out his stamina one bit).

He didn't give the team a chance to win and I'm surprised Joe kept him in that long.

Back
Top Bottom