OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Guess who the leading scorer this season for the Sixers is.

Brand, but he's not averaging a lot. 
The only reason why I knew was because I looked last week. 
laugh.gif

Dallas should win depending on which Chris Paul shows up. I'm assuming the sucky Chris Paul will show up just to keep himself from getting hurt.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Steep fine but if you want to set an example then this will do it. 100k isn't much to Kobe, but still... I don't have a problem with it.
One thing I always hated about NBA fines, they should adjust it to player salary.

You do this fine to Kobe, it's whatever.

You do it to Coby Karl, it's a huge chunk of his earnings.

It don't matter if the camera was in his face or not, he shouldn't have said it in this day and age.  Anybody could have heard that @$#%, kids and what not out there.  Or caught it on their video cams, cell phones what have you. Cost him some money, yes, but luckily Stern wasn't trying to totally prove a point and take him out of games.  *shrugs* 

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Guess who the leading scorer this season for the Sixers is.

Brand, but he's not averaging a lot. 
The only reason why I knew was because I looked last week. 
laugh.gif

Dallas should win depending on which Chris Paul shows up. I'm assuming the sucky Chris Paul will show up just to keep himself from getting hurt.
Yeah I would have bet money it was Iguodala.

Stern taking Kobe out for that? 
laugh.gif

You hear all kinds of foul language on the court. I heard some player say "what the *!@@" last night in the Portland/Memphis game. I also heard someone else use foul language. They need to do a better job at bleeping it out on TV.

You hear all kinds of foul language on the court. I heard some player say "what the *!@@" last night in the Portland/Memphis game. I also heard someone else use foul language. They need to do a better job at bleeping it out on TV.
National tv games have a delay and are censored but you can hear so much !%+% on local channels.
laugh.gif

Stern taking Kobe out for that? 
laugh.gif

You hear all kinds of foul language on the court. I heard some player say "what the %%@%" last night in the Portland/Memphis game. I also heard someone else use foul language. They need to do a better job at bleeping it out on TV.

it isnt the cursing that earned him the fine it's the the homosexual slur that he said

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

No Summer League MVP award. Dayum.
07 Nate Robinson
08 Jerryd Bayless
09 Blake Griffin
10 John Wall

That award might be a bit of a jinx anyway.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Lebron shouldn't worry about his post game until he's older and his athleticism diminishes, then I want him in the post.
Exactly. Him experimenting with it the way he does now is just fine.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Yeah,the post is worthless.  That's why Jordan, Kobe, Barkley, Malone,Dream, and countless others made their HOF careers out of it.  Yeah,why would Lebron need that, he can shoot 44% on 20 footers. 
eyes.gif
Reggie, Jesus, Scottie, Mullin, Drex, and countless others have also made HOF careers out of NOT being primarily in the post.

I agree that it would be good for Bron to at least be comfortable going in the post. But let's all not act as if he NEEDS to adapt a post game.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Yeah,the post is worthless.  That's why Jordan, Kobe, Barkley, Malone,Dream, and countless others made their HOF careers out of it.  Yeah,why would Lebron need that, he can shoot 44% on 20 footers. 
eyes.gif
Reggie, Jesus, Scottie, Mullin, Drex, and countless others have also made HOF careers out of NOT being primarily in the post.

I agree that it would be good for Bron to at least be comfortable going in the post. But let's all not act as if he NEEDS to adapt a post game.
So you mention some of the most effective shooters in NBA history as examples of why LeBron doesn't need a post game? Sound logic. I mean, if Reggie Miller didn't have a post game, why should LeBron?

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:
Originally Posted by CAto312

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:
Kobe and Mike weren't post dudes up that often in there athletic primes.
They didn't wait until their athleticism waned to start working on one so why should LeBron? 

Besides, Miami doesn't exactly have a dearth of post up players which is one of their weaknesses.  With his instincts he'd be a damned good passer out of the post too. 

1.Who says he isn't working on one?
2. Why would he post up more when he has better alternatives?
3. How many post up players do you need? Chris Bosh throughout his whole career has been an excellent post up isolation scorer, they should just stop having him be Mr. pick and pop and there is your post up scorer.
4. You can see the court better from the permiter and the defense has to make more, and quicker rotations thus opening up more passing lanes.

1. We dont know if he's working on one

2.  Lebron should post up more because simply put.... Posting up is the most efficient way to score in the game of Basketball. It may not be the most fun way to score but its still the most efficient way. 8-12 ft shots>>>>>>18-24 ft shots. There are alot great non-big men who posted up alot.....Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Bird and Barkley.

3. Its always nice to have more than one especially if you're contending for championship. The Heat have no other post threat besides Bosh. None. And also you're acting like Chris Bosh is Shaq. Bosh posts up but big part of his game is mid range jump shooting.

4.Now this is totally wrong. When the ball is at the top on the perimeter every defender can see the ball , sag off there and then to adjust the defense at the last moment. When you have a good dominant post presence. The defense has to adjust the defense to prevent the entry pass or outright double team making the post player's pass way easier. Come on!  This is Basketball 201, if you actually play it enough. 

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Yeah, the post is worthless.  That's why Jordan, Kobe, Barkley, Malone, Dream, and countless others made their HOF careers out of it.  Yeah, why would Lebron need that, he can shoot 44% on 20 footers. 
eyes.gif

So you mention some of the most effective shooters in NBA history as examples of why LeBron doesn't need a post game? Sound logic. I mean, if Reggie Miller didn't have a post game, why should LeBron?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This is exactly why the Hornets should not be a Western Conference team. They should be able to know whether or not they can tank a game.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

eyes.gif

a. 2 out of the 5 were not known for their stellar shooting.
b. I only listed HOFers. Once you expand the list to allow ALL players, you'll see that there are more than a handful of guys who weren't necessarily "the most effective shooters in NBA history", yet still had/have very efficient careers despite not being known for their post game: Manu, Marion, Paul Pierce, T-Mac, Vince, Iverson....

YOOOOOOO JA!!!

Is Peja really being excused for tonight to be in Sacto for the Kings game
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
frown.gif

If Kobe were to somehow get his 16th Tech tonight in an emotional game in Sacramento, would he be suspended for the first game of the playoffs?

Back
Top Bottom