Official 2010 NBA All-Star Weekend Thread A.K.A Official Lakers fans Vs Cavs fans thread Vol. U Mad?

To my man who just said KG got shafted: He's not exactly what you could define as a 'winner.'  It took him virtually his whole career to contribute (or at least become the focally point on a team that's actually winning), and even then he had to be with two other All-Stars.

My pick goes to Kobe as being the Player of the Decade, because of his consistency from 2000-2009.  Shaq pretty much began his steady decline after the 2004 Finals loss to Detroit, and while he had a role on the Heat team that won it all in '06, some people are being delusional in thinking that he was the reason they ended up winning it all.  (Like someone else said, that reason is spelled D-W-Y-A-N-E.)

With that being said, the only other competition would be Duncan, and while he's had great success, he hasn't had all the individual moments that Kobe had, like the now-legendary 81-Point Game.

pimp.gif
that nba cares piece
pimp.gif

Fans should never vote.

My list.

Shaq
Duncan
Kobe
A.I.
KG

You could switch 4 & 5.

You guys berely noticing TNT gives Kobe NO LOVE. Charles must hate Kobe because he wont even mention his name.

It's funny how they were saying Shaq this Shaq that, Shaq has been IRRELEVANT since Miamis last championship, meaning he was absent almost half of the decade.

This fool never stayed on a team long enough to build from the ground up and win a title, he always hops on teams that are already playoff contenders. While Kobe stuck around with the Lakers when every team in the league wanted him.

Can't say the same about Shaq.

What has Shaq done since 2006? Hmmm....ummmmm.... Wait...... He and the Suns... nvm.

capt.62c1bbb193764f82aafc5162527c6e2d.all_star_game_basketball_cbs129.jpg

Quite unrelated to what everyone is talking about right now, but I wish D-Will was looking straight into the camera on this one
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

To my man who just said KG got shafted: He's not exactly what you could define as a 'winner.'  It took him virtually his whole career to contribute (or at least become the focally point on a team that's actually winning), and even then he had to be with two other All-Stars.

My pick goes to Kobe as being the Player of the Decade, because of his consistency from 2000-2009.  Shaq pretty much began his steady decline after the 2004 Finals loss to Detroit, and while he had a role on the Heat team that won it all in '06, some people are being delusional in thinking that he was the reason they ended up winning it all.  (Like someone else said, that reason is spelled D-W-Y-A-N-E.)

With that being said, the only other competition would be Duncan, and while he's had great success, he hasn't had all the individual moments that Kobe had, like the now-legendary 81-Point Game.
Haha. What u talking about? And calling it the "now legendary"...like it wasn't legendary then.

Ernie still manages to get a joke in and one-up Kenny even after he brought in the family
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Basketball games should never be held in large venues. It just doesn't work.
The best basketball crowds have a smaller, compact, suffocating feel.
Duke status.

That "not a winner" label keep putting on KG is straight bull.

Kobe didn't make the playoffs when he had a bad team.  Duncan has never had a bad team.  When KG got even the slightest bit of help he made it to the Western Conference Finals and lost to a very good Laker team.  Then the team got disbanded.  He goes to Boston where he has a good amount of help and wins a chip and everybody tries to down play it cuz he didn't put up his usual numbers.  Thats cuz he didn't have to.

Dudes been an MVP, a defensive player of the year, and the leader of every team he's been on.  And he's done it for all ten years, not just the second half.

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Kenny's wifey.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

whenever something sports related happens, i always make sure to jump on NT to read the comments about it. i was like
eek.gif
only wish she had a backside, so i could have gotten a peak when she was walking up the steps. but
pimp.gif
none the less

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Haha. What u talking about? And calling it the "now legendary"...like it wasn't legendary then.
LOL... I'm tripping, it's getting too late for me to be spot-on as far as recanting stories.  You're right: It was as legendary then as it is now, more or less.

But how exactly do you view KG, if he never joined your favorite team?  A perennial loser whose intensity was probably too hyped for his own good?  Don't get me wrong: I loved KG when I was younger,  But as I get older, I wonder how his career would have went down in history if he didn't get the chance of a lifetime to play alongside two All-Stars nearly at the end of their prime.
ohwell.gif

Good game...saved this AS Weekend...

Well Deserved MVP Wade.

LOL @ The Airball by Anthony...reminded me of Carlton
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

You guys berely noticing TNT gives Kobe NO LOVE. Charles must hate Kobe because he wont even mention his name.

It's funny how they were saying Shaq this Shaq that, Shaq has been IRRELEVANT since Miamis last championship, meaning he was absent almost half of the decade.

This fool never stayed on a team long enough to build from the ground up and win a title, he always hops on teams that are already playoff contenders. While Kobe stuck around with the Lakers when every team in the league wanted him.

What has Shaq done since 2006? Hmmm....ummmmm.... Wait...... He and the Suns... nvm.
Um, no. They were right. Those guys in the studio acutally played basketball. Having a cable with TNT and a internet connection with access to many video files doesn't exactly render your NBA opinions valid.
So when you have 4 NBA analysts and former player almost making a laugh outta that list, you might as well wonder why they act like that without jumping to conspiracy theory conclusions.

But I digress.. you're on the forum and you have the power of typing, this will probably end up bashing Webber and Kenny for something completely senseless like suits or hair or something...But they, unlike you (and all of us here, for that matter) actually did something for the basketball. 

So when they speak, I tend to listen.

They're the suppliers, you just the customer, buster. Might as well listen to them for a change instead of tryin to war up with them over the message board.

Now tell me how I'm mad and insert this 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 at these internet thugs nowadays

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

That "not a winner" label keep putting on KG is straight bull.

Kobe didn't make the playoffs when he had a bad team.  Duncan has never had a bad team.  When KG got even the slightest bit of help he made it to the Western Conference Finals and lost to a very good Laker team.  Then the team got disbanded.  He goes to Boston where he has a good amount of help and wins a chip and everybody tries to down play it cuz he didn't put up his usual numbers.  Thats cuz he didn't have to.

Dudes been an MVP, a defensive player of the year, and the leader of every team he's been on.  And he's done it for all ten years, not just the second half.
smh are you serious? he dint make the playoffs 2006 and 2007 when he had a smush kwame and walton in the starting lineup?

Originally Posted by Riker

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Um, no. They were right. Those guys in the studio acutally played basketball. Having a cable with TNT and a internet connection with access to many video files doesn't exactly render your NBA opinions valid.
So when you have 4 NBA analysts and former player almost making a laugh outta that list, you might as well wonder why they act like that without jumping to conspiracy theory conclusions.

But I digress.. you're on the forum and you have the power of typing, this will probably end up bashing Webber and Kenny for something completely senseless like suits or hair or something...But they, unlike you (and all of us here, for that matter) actually did something for the basketball. 

So when they speak, I tend to listen.

They're the suppliers, you just the customer, buster. Might as well listen to them for a change instead of tryin to war up with them over the message board.

Now tell me how I'm mad and insert this 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 at these internet thugs nowadays

Wait what? How exactly am I an internet thug?

And just because they played the game everything they say is right? Lmfao...Right....So every year when all of these EX-NBA players say Clevelands going to win, we should all believe them because, well, they played basketball and we didn't.

"Customers" like myself and every other person who listens to what these guys have to say are the reasons these guys are even up there announcing, it doesn't mean there always right.

Because if they were, why would they even allow us "Fans" to vote in the first place? "Buster"

xsalvioutlawx wrote:
Wait what? How exactly am I an internet thug?

And just because they played the game everything they say is right? Lmfao...Right....So every year when all of these EX-NBA players say Clevelands going to win, we should all believe them because, well, they played basketball and we didn't.

"Customers" like myself and every other person who listens to what these guys have to say are the reasons these guys are even up there announcing, it doesn't mean there always right.

Because if they were, why would they even allow us "Fans" to vote in the first place? "Buster"
I'm not saying that every single word from Kennys mouth is sacred, but I find it very awkward if they all anonymously agree that the list is borderline ridiculous, I think they're right.
Also, in my personal opinion (this is, after all, just sports...), it's Shaq and Duncan, then Kobe and KG. 

NBA.com puts up those polls because you have to interact with your fans, it's just the nature of the business. Back in the day you didn't have Petersen saying "fans - send me your fanmail and tell me who is the best player in the league" or anything like that.

NBA.com goes the easy route, throw up a poll, people vote, and they're happy. And NBA wants their fans happy. I think we all agree on that one. 

Back
Top Bottom