Official 2011-2012 Dallas Mavericks Thread (31-26) Vol: Take a Hike Odom

I really doubt any of the big 3 on the market will land here.

Those guys played a HUGE role in beating the heat, so of course they gonna go get there big pay day some where else.

This off season could have not come at a worse time in history for this franchise......

They won a chip though , So we got that in franchise .....

I think cubes has something up his sleeve , He aint gonna waist a year of dirk's prime ESP after winning that elusive championship ring that haunted them since 2006....

I just wish this team could have been like the mid 90's rockets and won back to back.

I think if they would have resigned every one that could have been the case.

Marc Stein -

- Mavs' first swipe, I'm told, will be trying to do S-and-T w/Sacramento for Dalembert by using big trade exception from Tyson Chandler deal

- Concept would be to get Dalembert to agree to one-year deal lucrative enough to convince Sammy to choose Dallas and use TPE to take him in

- Trade exception alone was never going to get Mavs back into Dwight Sweepstakes. Only chance is if Dwight chose Dallas in 2012 free agency

- If Mavs can get Dalembert on one-year deal, they have replacement for Chandler this season and cap space for 2012 free agency as top bidder

- Not immediately clear what Sacramento would want in return if deal can be struck but Kings known to covet Mavs free agent J.J. Barea

dalembert is a bum low bbiq thinks he suppose to take 20 shots a game  tries to block everything n gets in foul trouble hopefully we can use him as a piece to get d12

Things aren't looking good for us
tired.gif

Chandler is officially in NY.

So our big offseason move is going to be Vince Carter?

What's our starting lineup going to look like...man...this is rough

The CP3 deal fell through and now Marc Stein is saying the Lakers are trading Lamar Odom to us

I don't think any of them can play the 5. We are gonna be throwing a limeup of Haywood, Dirk, Odom and the guards. Vince is gonna have to come off the bench cause he is trash. 

I don't think we come through and sign VC. I really don't. And no, we have to get another five. I'll be baffled if we don't.

Right now, we're looking at..

Kidd/Beaubois
Fernandez/JET
Odom/Marion/Cardinal
Dirk
Haywood/Mahinmi

Marion can come in to relieve either Dirk or Odom.

I think the rotation will be Marion/JET to replace Dirk/Kidd early, with Lamar sliding to the four.

Beaubois gets involved in games with Kidd in the game. He shouldn't be a PG in this League, he should be a SG, next to Kidd is perfect, but he'll need to be in a back-court with a big PG his entire career if he wants to thrive. The kids passing just isn't there yet. Maybe he's developed and I'm wrong, but his best asset to us will be slashing/shooting.

We still need a Center though. We can't go on with just Mahinmi. Also we signed Brandan Wright, but that kid is raw as hell. He could play some five, but I don't want him on the court unless someone is hurt, and he needs to help carry someone off. Dalembert would be nice, I have no idea how we'd get him though. Maybe a S+T for Barea, I have no idea.

Question though, with our TPE we got from Chandler deal that we swinged for Odom, is there anything left from that? Or was it all used to get Odom?

That is true. Haywood is softer than even some point guards. Odom does not bring any toughness either.

The team will get bodied up against any team with decent size on defense and offense.

I have no idea how TPE's work
laugh.gif

Maybe package Odom or Marion with scrubs for a decent big. A matchup with the thunder is not looking good with the current bigs. Even Odom gets destroyed by Ibaka.

Nah, Haywood isn't soft. He's not great, he's not nearly as good of a team-defender, he's not really good with help-side D, and Carlisle will yell at him constantly for not being what Tyson was in the zone, but he's a really good individual defender. I'd say he's probably as good rebounding too. He just needs to work on catching the ball down low, and being able to get those passes from his other teammates not named Kidd.

And no, we don't trade Marion if we want to try and stop Durant this year. I'm not saying Marion put the clamps on dude or anything, but look at who'd be trying to defend him on our team right now. Odom? I have no idea how Odom's defense is on a guy like Durant, but he can't stay on him the entire game can he? Fernandez? Mahinmi? Brandan Wright? And then what about guys like LeBron? No thanks, keep Marion.

I'm fine with Haywood as our starter. I just want some depth.

Originally Posted by knightngale

I don't think any of them can play the 5. We are gonna be throwing a limeup of Haywood, Dirk, Odom and the guards. Vince is gonna have to come off the bench cause he is trash. 

Um...excuse me....
how are you saying "we" when you have a Kobe avy and Lakers sig?

We need to sign a center or 2...if we sign Dalembert does he start over Haywood? I'd assume so.

Still hard for me to get over losing Chandler, that was my boy...smh

Just checking.

Out:
- Chandler
- Barea
- Caron

In:
- Vince
- Odom (
mad.gif
)
- Gloria's boyfriend

That about right?

(just throwing names out there)
- Kidd
- Dirk
- Marion
- Vince
- Delonte
- Odom
- Peja
- Terry
- Cardinal

Like last year, that's a solid roster. Not sure Vince is going to contribute anything, though.

Lamar, though... *sigh* He's definitely going to contribute. :/

Vince needs to hit open shots. Thats it. Maybe play a little D, but no more.

Also. We don't have Peja. We have Brewer, Rudy Fernandez, Haywood, Brandan Wright, Beaubois.

Just realized I should have just checked a Mavs sig, like yours.
laugh.gif

Get Odom in there.
mad.gif
Disrespecting LO like that.

I know it's late in his career, but he's going to learn a LOT from Kidd as far as passing goes.

Hell, and from Dirk as far as 'being a 7" shooter' goes.

Eff y'all.

Kidd, West, Beaubois.
Fernandez, Terry, VC, DoJo,
Odom, Marion, Brewer.
Dirk, Wright, Cardinal.
Haywood, Mahinmi.

Damn. I didn't even know, our roster is now full. All 15. I forgot about a few guys.

We needed another big man.

If Odom gives us all he can, he can be great for us. It's sad he'll he a one-and-done like Chandler, and Antawn before him just to stay financially able in 2012.

I really hate this approach we've been taking. Don't like it one bit.

And it's not disrespect ska. I literally haven't updated it recently that's all.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom