Official 2011 NBA Finals Thread: Dallas Mavericks are the 2011 NBA Champions. VOL: KidDirk get rings

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Anyone going to the parade?

I'm showing up at 6:30

I wouldn't miss it for the world.

same here. ill be at the AAC. heard on the radio today that they said to bring your cooler filled with bottle of water because its going to be a hot one.

DALLAS -- As much as the Mavericks appreciate owner Mark Cuban's creativity, they want their NBA championship rings.

After the Mavericks clinched the franchise's first championship with Sunday night's win over the Miami Heat, Cuban said he might reward his team with something other than "old school" rings.

"Rings are done," Cuban told NBA TV. "It's time to take it to the next level."

But the consensus opinion among the Mavericks, who conducted exit interviews Tuesday, is that now is not the time to break from tradition.

"We got to talk to him about that," Finals MVP Dirk Nowitzki said with a big smile. "I don't think the last word has been spoken yet. You know he always wants to do something different, wants to do something bigger, but I mean, the ring is just so classic.

Dirk Nowitzki: "I think I would vote for a ring. I mean, I'm a man. I don't know how I'd feel about a bracelet. I've gotta go with a ring."

Coach Rick Carlisle owns one championship ring, having been a reserve guard on the Boston Celtics' 1986 title squad. He wants another one now.

"It's got to be rings. I don't know what he's thinking," Carlisle said, laughing. "You win an NBA championship, you gotta have a ring. If he wants to give guys something else (in addition to) a ring, that's great."

President of basketball operations Donnie Nelson strongly agreed on that point.

"Let's get the rings," Nelson said. "I'll pay for them."

Players and coaches probably wouldn't be pleased with that solution, either.

"They might be plastic with cubic zirconium," Nelson joked.

Tim MacMahon covers the Mavericks for ESPNDallas.com.

Custom Hublots to match the Rings?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

hublot_fifa_lg.jpg

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Is there any truth to certain Miami Heat Player or Players being at Club Liv when the Mavs were celebrating? I wouldn't be too surprised if that was the case but I'll be curious to know who it was.

I know one of them was Eirick Dampier, only name I heard but I think there was more.

Dampier was on the team for years, i can understand him being there honestly so its not that big of a deal.

I'm saying, and he was with the Mavs for 6 years and was there in the 06 Finals, he played as much as I did in these 2011 Finals.

DeShawn Stevenson arrested for public intoxication.
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

#Swag
roll.gif

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Originally Posted by PMatic

@SI_LeeJenkins Story in this week's magazine about the champion Dallas Mavericks: http://bit.ly/iWiUti
http://bit.ly/iWiUti
eek.gif
I wondered why Dirk ran off the court before the game ended. I guess it makes sense, after all those years of struggling he finally broke down when he won it all.

It was mentioned several times.

Skip Bayless is such an idiot, he said he just didn't want to shake hands with Wade/Bron after they disrespected him.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Originally Posted by PMatic

http://bit.ly/iWiUti
eek.gif
I wondered why Dirk ran off the court before the game ended. I guess it makes sense, after all those years of struggling he finally broke down when he won it all.
It was mentioned several times.

Skip Bayless is such an idiot, he said he just didn't want to shake hands with Wade/Bron after they disrespected him.
30t6p3b.gif

In that case, they should be thanking Dirk. I mean, bacteria is very contagious! Dirk was obviously just trying to look out for them.

Damn, Dirk just gained way more respect from me!

The Heat led 2--1 when the players gathered at American Airlines Center in Dallas for an off-day practice that began with their favorite shooting game. Nine players stand at different spots on the perimeter and take turns launching threes. If the previous shooter makes his three and you miss, you get a point. If two players make theirs and you miss, you get two points, and so on. Ten points and you're out.

Miami was feeling comfortable, and nine straight players sank their threes. It was James's turn to shoot. Teammates were hopping around, laughing and catcalling, ratcheting up the pressure. James turned to Wade and said, "You don't know how long I've been in this position. Everybody wants me to fail." Then he faced the hoop, let fly—and missed. Teammates rejoiced. The shot was insignificant but revealing. James hears the clamor around him and, despite his transcendent talents, can't quiet it.

laugh.gif
 BUM

my boy King James gonna kill it tomorrow! he'll explode with 50 points at least!
we gon get this championship this year!

oh wait.

there showing the flight back from Miami and Dirk saying in the glasses still reading his shirt "I'm that dude baby. That's me!!!!!"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by HOOD17

there showing the flight back from Miami and Dirk saying in the glasses still reading his shirt "I'm that dude baby. That's me!!!!!"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Saw that
laugh.gif

Custodian cleaning
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif