Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

damn roy 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by maddog345

Roy thinking he can do what Antonio Tarver is doing. Please, just stop Roy.

Sh*t if I was him I'd also be wondering how B-HOp, Glen Johnson, and Antonio Tarver are still going strong.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

I'm saying there is more evidence that Punisher gets the gift decision. There is always a more marketable boxer in a fight, yet Ive never seen canelo get a decision he hasn't earned. C'mon, youre clearly trying to take more credit away from the guy.
I don't know which "guy" you're referring to. But to spell it out as of today Canelo is worth more than Paul Williams. You're right Canelo deserved every decision he's won so far. But in the event that THIS fight goes the distance, they won't be showing favoritism towards Paul Williams. There is too much money at stake for Golden Boy.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

damn roy 
30t6p3b.gif

This guy isn't going to stop till he's Apollo Creed in the ring, huh...
tired.gif

There's got to be other ways he can make money. Biggest fighter of a generation. I know it's hard to accept when your time has passed, but there's no way his pride still gets the best of him after all these guys around the world are KOing him right?

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by maddog345

Roy thinking he can do what Antonio Tarver is doing. Please, just stop Roy.

Sh*t if I was him I'd also be wondering how B-HOp, Glen Johnson, and Antonio Tarver are still going strong.
laugh.gif

They all have good chins. Roy discovered how strong his chin was back in 04 
tired.gif

If this gets made, that makes a hell of a card.

Victor (Chicago, IL)

Alvarez-Williams and Gonzales-De Leon all set for Sept. 15 th., but heard if Soto beats Matthysse, Soto-Maidana will be added to that card. Too good to be true.

Dan Rafael (3:30 PM)

It's possible.

Originally Posted by Proshares

If this gets made, that makes a hell of a card.

Victor (Chicago, IL)

Alvarez-Williams and Gonzales-De Leon all set for Sept. 15 th., but heard if Soto beats Matthysse, Soto-Maidana will be added to that card. Too good to be true.

Dan Rafael (3:30 PM)

It's possible.

got my hotel booked... i hope ticket prices ant high as $+!*.

They need to just make Maidana vs Matthysse happen.

this, doubt soto beats matthyse and give arreola good opponent. Doubt he gets one because Goosen isnt risking Vladimir

Originally Posted by Marvin Hagler

wam14y.jpg

This dude Floyd made $85 Mil for the Cotto fight.

sick.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif

How would Ariza know? I doubt he even knows exactly how much his own fighters make.
laugh.gif

But why would Ariza say that out of the blue?
He is in the industry and we are not.

Maybe he knows, maybe he doesn't.

wam14y.jpg

This dude Floyd made $85 Mil for the Cotto fight.

sick.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif

How would Ariza know? I doubt he even knows exactly how much his own fighters make.
laugh.gif

But why would Ariza say that out of the blue?
He is in the industry and we are not.

Maybe he knows, maybe he doesn't.
Whatever is going on between him, the Roach camp, and Bob Arum. He obviously said that to instigate something.

Went to FNF

It was pretty good. They shouldn't have aired that heavyweight bout.
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Fight was boring besides the dancing Vince Thompson was doing before each round.
laugh.gif

Ji-Hoon Kim fight was
pimp.gif

The Julius Fogle vs Ryan Coyne fight was
pimp.gif

Ariza and Ben at FightHype have a good relationship so I def. wouldnt doubt him being able to get that number from Floyd

How awful is it that Neither Showtime or HBO would ante up to show Bute/Froch

%+*$%%# Awful

Boxing deserves everything it gets when it comes to public perception that it is a dying sport. the two main fight networks wouldnt show this, but stay in bed with Sorry +#* fighters and promoters.

@Gunna hit the nail right on the head. How this fight didn't get picked up by HBO and Showtime is inexcusable.

85 million for Floyd? Damn. Manny better split from Arum (nearly impossible since Floyd left) and make it happen.

Their reasons are really crappy. Supposedly Showtime didn't wanna air anything but Ward for Bute and HBO didn't want Bute and Froch to earn any fan following on HBO just to see them go to Showtime since they have most of the top SMW's on contracts.

HBO's done good rating before for the HW fights overseas, I don't think it would have been a real problem.

I actually think Sugar Ray Leonard is a good commentator.

And he was decent when he commentating back in the 80's as well.

Back
Top Bottom