Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

LMAO

they trying to strong arm Nevada

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Damn, I didn't know Chad was dropping down to 168 AND going to Oakland for the fight
laugh.gif

He is an idiot. Does his team talk any sense into him. It seems like he would agree to anything. What's next...he has to have his hands tied behind his back?  But somehow I still think he's gonna pull the W. We shall see.

The 35-year-old's physical conditioning is deteriorating under the stress of being jailed at the Clark County Detention Center, and he is being held in "inhumane conditions," lawyer Richard Wright said in the motion filed Monday.

laugh.gif

Cause it's JAIL, !$*...you thought it was gonna be like the big boy mansion?!

I do agree, though...put him with population. Dude needs to eat and workout...

Looks like the fight between Celestino Caballero and Mikey Garcia is not gonna happen
frown.gif

I was really looking forward to this one

anyone remember if Iron Mike was in isolation too in jail?  I remember one of his first fights out of jail.. against that goofy looking white dude (the one who ended up doing pizza commercials)  he was ripped as hell.

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

The 35-year-old's physical conditioning is deteriorating under the stress of being jailed at the Clark County Detention Center, and he is being held in "inhumane conditions," lawyer Richard Wright said in the motion filed Monday.

laugh.gif

Cause it's JAIL, !$*...you thought it was gonna be like the big boy mansion?!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by maddog345

Looks like the fight between Celestino Caballero and Mikey Garcia is not gonna happen
frown.gif

Rumor is Ortiz vs Canelo in September.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

I remember one of his first fights out of jail.. against that goofy looking white dude (the one who ended up doing pizza commercials)  he was ripped as hell.
Hurricane PeteMcNeely?

MEDFIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELD!!!!!!!!!

i joked to myself 'wouldnt it be some %#%% if the canelo ortiz fight is on shoppv lol'

Ortiz vs. Canelo showtime ppv

golden boy
pimp.gif

Ortiz better not lose next week
laugh.gif
that would be a nice fight to watch.

Gonzalez/Ponce on the undercard is a good look too.

Originally Posted by Demps

i joked to myself 'wouldnt it be some %#%% if the canelo ortiz fight is on shoppv lol'

Ortiz vs. Canelo showtime ppv

golden boy
pimp.gif

I thought the bad blood between Golden Boy and HBO was resolved when Money fought Cotto on HBO. Guess not.
Featuring a KO of the night bonus, shout outs to UFC.
laugh.gif

Am I the only one who thinks it's crazy to not hold Ortiz/Alvarez in L.A.(I read it's gonna be at the MGM.) Canelo drew over 15,000 against Matthew Hatton in SoCal, him and Victor would sell out Staples Ctr w/ no problem. I'm guessing MGM offered a higher site fee, but man this fight has L.A. written all over it. I would definitely go if it was in L.A.

Originally Posted by el producto79

Am I the only one who thinks it's crazy to not hold Ortiz/Alvarez in L.A.(I read it's gonna be at the MGM.) Canelo drew over 15,000 against Matthew Hatton in SoCal, him and Victor would sell out Staples Ctr w/ no problem. I'm guessing MGM offered a higher site fee, but man this fight has L.A. written all over it. I would definitely go if it was in L.A.

I think it's because the venue was already locked in for Alvarez to fight P-Will and then Kirkland.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by kalikid23

Did anyone catch this :

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...n-judge-duane-ford-.html

Bob Arum deserves an Oscar.

laugh.gif
@ refusing the rematch.  I hope the govt decides to stick their nose into the investigation like they did with baseball
30t6p3b.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by maddog345

frown.gif

Rumor is Ortiz vs Canelo in September.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
That would be a good match.  Hope they set it up, gotta respect Canelo for wanting good fights
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

Why WOULDN'T a boxing fan want a rematch? They kept exchanging blows the whole fight, Neither of them was hurt once.. Keep in mind Bradley twisted his ankle early in the rounds.
I don't care what anyone says that was a close fight.. my score was 115-113 pacquiao.

I wan't to see a rematch.
Why? I agree it was a close fight but it was incredibly boring. So boring everyone stopped paying attention after the 6th round and assumed Manny blew Bradley out. No one landed anything significant, there were no good exchanges. Pacquiao barely let his hands go. 
If I were Manny's camp, I'd be worried about him, his calves and his conditioning. The Pacquiao that fought DLH, Diaz, Clottey kept the pressure on for nearly all 12 rounds. He through 8 punch combinations and wouldn't let his opponent breath. Those guys didn't steal a round from him. The Pacquiao that fought Marquez and Bradley recently has been no where near as exciting or aggressive as he used to be. The hand speed is still there in spurts but it doesn't look like he has the same spirit, gas tank, or balance that he used to. Something is different. Marquez had Pacquiao confused and hesitant for 12 rounds. He didn't hurt him once. Pacquiao hurt Bradley 2 or 3 times and after that, he barely did anything. HBO and everyone can act like Pacman brutalized Bradley, but outside of 3 rounds and a couple straight lefts, he landed NOTHING significant. Bradley won a ton of rounds because Pacquiao covered up for 2+ minutes and let Bradley win it on activity alone (he also dodged most of Pacquiao's punches, I don't care what CompuBox says). 

I thought Bradley's pressure combined with Pacquiao's speed and power would turn the fight into a war. It was terrible. 

One of my friends just posted a picture of Bradley on twitter saying after reviewing the fight he saw Paquio won and he's Gona give him the belt. Is this true??

Originally Posted by SOleILL

One of my friends just posted a picture of Bradley on twitter saying after reviewing the fight he saw Paquio won and he's Gona give him the belt. Is this true??

some of yall are lazy as hell
30t6p3b.gif

look it up yourself, its not that hard
laugh.gif

I like canelo. It looks like he graduated to the big league and its done fighting bums.

JCC Jr. you're next.

Originally Posted by SOleILL

m76t07.png

Back
Top Bottom