Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Marquis Teague draft stock really took a hit from the start of the season. He isn't even a first round pick at this point. Would he go undrafted?

pimp.gif

Yessir!!! Good !#+$, Allen.

Anyways...I'm HOPING the Wizards end up with a top-4 pick. Obviously, I would love to land either Davis or Robinson (with the #1 or #2)....but having the chance to get either Beal or MKG in that 3/4 spot would be amazing.

What do yall think of Austin Rivers on the next level?

spt-120311-royce-white.jpg

When it's all said and done...I think White (assuming he keeps his head on straight) will end up being one of the best players out of this class.

dont watch that much college ball these days..

but thunder need a center (since i assume we have to amnesty perk in a year or two).. so hopefully fab melo makes it to the late 1st

Can I ask why you guys care so much about a kind of average talent? Duke? his last name? His sister?

Anthony Davis is Patrick Ewing at Georgetown. Ewing put on 30-40lbs pretty quickly and then his knees went to hell later on, so that comparison does nothing going forward. But as a FR, I think that's who he mirrors - albeit 2 inches shorter.

I think Rivers is a late first rounder - early second.

I don't think his transition to the NBA will have a huge impact early on, but if he can learn the ropes under a good coach - he'll be decent in the coming years. Definitely a steal if you can acquire him in the second round.

IMO of course.

I concur double...a Wall/MKG or Beal/Nene core is nice. I think Marquis may still slip into the first round, he's in a bad spot though because he really needs to return but Harrow is there and I think he's better than Teague. I highly doubt he goes undrafted

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Can I ask why you guys care so much about a kind of average talent? Duke? his last name? His sister?

Anthony Davis is Patrick Ewing at Georgetown. Ewing put on 30-40lbs pretty quickly and then his knees went to hell later on, so that comparison does nothing going forward. But as a FR, I think that's who he mirrors - albeit 2 inches shorter.

Personally, I don't think he'll ever be more than a Jerryd Bayless type of player.  I think he's going to be one of the most polarizing players out of this class (aside from Drummond).  Because of him being so polarizing, that's why I'm curious as to what others think about his pro prospects. 

*Any word on what Meyers Leonard is doing? 

I'm biased, but even objectively, Ross and Wroten should return to school. Neither really need to, but Wroten especially, has a lot he can improve on. Next year they'd probably be lottery picks.

I'm reading several articles on A. Rivers...they say he's a lottery pick?? How?

Am I missing something? Dude really isn't that nice...his game is too pre-mature for the league.

Going into this college season, I felt like Anthony Davis was just going to be one of those guys I wouldn't like... for no real reason. Much like Kyrie Irving, it was no reflection of his talent or potential, just felt "ehh".

I'm glad that's changed (I'm coming around on Kyrie too
laugh.gif
). If he goes to Charlotte and gets to pair up with Biyombo or Washington with Wall he's going to quickly become one of my favorite players.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I felt like Anthony Davis was just going to be one of those guys I wouldn't like... for no real reason. Much like Kyrie Irving, it was no reflection of his talent or potential, just felt "ehh".

laugh.gif
).

75px-Pics_animated-deniro-watching-you.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Am I missing something? Dude really isn't that nice...his game is too pre-mature for the league.

ISO scorer with unlimited range. Getting picked late lottery/mid 1st round isn't absurd (no way he slips to the 2nd round).
If your Cavs were picking either Lamb or Rivers, who would you prefer?

I know he's only 6'10", but Draft Express and NBADraft.net have Davis projected as a NBA PF?

Just from watching him play this season and knowing how long his wingspan is and his athleticism I feel like he's a C.

John Wall and Anthony Davis together would be really intriguing (watch Stern make it happen). They've already begun the process of getting rid of their knuckleheads in JaVale McGee and Nick Young, however it was to get Nene so I don't know exactly how Davis would fit in, but talent over need always.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I felt like Anthony Davis was just going to be one of those guys I wouldn't like... for no real reason. Much like Kyrie Irving, it was no reflection of his talent or potential, just felt "ehh".

laugh.gif
).

75px-Pics_animated-deniro-watching-you.gif
tumblr_lc2j0hNGL41qd1fjko1_500.gif

Originally Posted by Lavious

ISO scorer with unlimited range. Getting picked late lottery/mid 1st round isn't absurd (no way he slips to the 2nd round).

Definitely Lamb, even though Kyrie would probably be better off playing with Rivers - due to the Duke connection.

Lamb's size and athelticism is key...but that missed dunk kind of scares me....I would still prefer Beal/MKG to these guys of course.

Eh, Idk how they're going to benefit from "The Duke Connection" when they never played with each other.

I see a decent amount of talent in this draft, which is good because every year it seems when people see the first mock draft they always say "This draft is so weak. Probably only a few solid role players" and then when the draft gets closer they sweeten up to it. This class is already garnering optimism from people.

Originally Posted by JPZx

I know he's only 6'10", but Draft Express and NBADraft.net have Davis projected as a NBA PF?

Just from watching him play this season and knowing how long his wingspan is and his athleticism I feel like he's a C.

John Wall and Anthony Davis together would be really intriguing (watch Stern make it happen). They've already begun the process of getting rid of their knuckleheads in JaVale McGee and Nick Young, however it was to get Nene so I don't know exactly how Davis would fit in, but talent over need always.
Davis would fit in perfectly at PF. 

If that scenario were to happen, there would be a STRONG need for both a 3 & 4 who can shoot the ball.  Obviously there would have to be moves made in FA (maybe trying to get Eric Gordon) or trying to secure another mid-round draft pick in the 1st. 

Originally Posted by Lavious

Definitely Lamb, even though Kyrie would probably be better off playing with Rivers - due to the Duke connection.

Lamb's size and athelticism is key...but that missed dunk kind of scares me....I would still prefer Beal/MKG to these guys of course.

please tell me you aren't talking about that YOLO windmill at the end of the last game for UCONN?  Why does that scare you? 

But I think Austin Rivers has the motor, IQ, and resources to improve.  He showed it at Duke.  Now he's actually going to a league where his playing style is more fitting.  He was humbled in college and now I think the array of moves and shots he can make will help him be a good pro.

I do see alot of OJ Mayo tho.  6'4 range, slightly above average athlete, not the longest, and takes but not always makes tough shots. 

Why the hell would you take a windmill dunk in that situation? Kind of showed me he lacks the leadership. Keep it simple fam.

The whole play was sick, but his decision making needs to improve. Rivers is nice, but I want to see more slashing from him.

Back
Top Bottom