Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

so because Jack(a career backup) started 39 games now he's the solution to pair with Davis for the next 10-12 years?

Having 2 top 10 picks is a luxury, take the best player available, never draft based on need.
no, but Vasquez played very well when he got his opportunity.  That team has so many holes that their other pick should be used to fill

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I just can't wait until mj proves everyone wrong as an owner.

20g1p1s.jpg

If the Cavs draft Beal, I can easily see them as a top 6 team in the East next season. They'll have to improve their total roster outlook ofcourse but boy...if Kyrie takes that major step, look out

Originally Posted by Caerus

If the Cavs draft Beal, I can easily see them as a top 6 team in the East next season. They'll have to improve their total roster outlook ofcourse but boy...if Kyrie takes that major step, look out

Bold statement. Is Beal THAT good?

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Bold statement. Is Beal THAT good?
im saying....

you got the heat, pacers, hawks, celtics * , sixers , wizards* , knicks, bulls , magic , nets *

The Cavs are a LONG ways away from being a top 6 team in the East. The Heat, Pacers, Sixers, Hawks, Knicks, Bulls, Bucks, Magic even after trading Dwight, Nets with whoever they end up signing in free agency, Raptors with Jonas coming over and maybe trading for Iguodala, Wizards after their recent trades plus a top 3 pick coming in, the Celtics will still probably be atleast decent......I'm sorry but you can count on the Cavs being in the dwellar with the Bobcats and Pistons again this season.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

The Cavs are a LONG ways away from being a top 6 team in the East. The Heat, Pacers, Sixers, Hawks, Knicks, Bulls, Bucks, Magic even after trading Dwight, Nets with whoever they end up signing in free agency, Raptors with Jonas coming over and maybe trading for Iguodala, Wizards after their recent trades plus a top 3 pick coming in, the Celtics will still probably be atleast decent......I'm sorry but you can count on the Cavs being in the dwellar with the Bobcats and Pistons again this season.

Yeah. Anything is possible though. They need to make some major moves though. We'll see. 

What's the problem? I said they would still have to improve all around the board like in free agency/draft. Why couldn't they be top 6 in the East? Draft Beal, sign a good SF, boom. Doesn't mean much if Kyrie doesn't take that major step though

But whatever, my opinion.

Im actually liking the Bobcats core moving forward if they make that deal with Cleveland and get the #4 pick and draft Harrison Barnes and #24 pick and get a big man like Fab Melo

Kemba, Henderson, Barnes, Bismack, and Fab is not too bad moving forward but you never know... Felton, Sean May, Okafor, and Adam Morrison sounded decent back in the day
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Personally I think MKG is FLYING under the radar. For me he is far and away the 2nd best player in the NBA Draft, he proved it on the big stage when he was considered to be that after the NCAA tourny ended. However just like every year people start sleeping after individual workouts because he is not a guy who is going to blow you away during workout time because what he brings to the table is not as much on display during the workouts as it is for guys like Beal and Barnes.

I do not get why a team would rank Bradley Beal ahead of MKG or Barnes. Beal is a nice player but I think he is starting to get completely over evaluated. He is a nice shooter, but outside shooting is the only facet to his game that has a clear advantage over Barnes and MKG. Those 2 players are both taller and more athletic I believe that either of them can play the 2 and will probably be most effective at the 2. Barnes is better at creating his own shot, MKG blows him away when it comes to defense, toughness, and rebounding plus he is a proven winner coming off a National Title where he was arguably his teams most valuable player on a team that includes the #1 overall pick in the draft. I expect both of them to become much better shooters within the next couple of seasons since that is the easiest thing to add on to your game in the pros and it is the only thing that Beal currently has over them. They already both have cleaner, and higher releases on their shot (especially Barnes).

Again I like Beal but I would be hesitant to select him even before guys like Jeremy Lamb and Austin Rivers let alone Barnes or MKG if I was an NBA GM. People start to get carried away during this time period post-NCAA tourny Pre-NBA Draft during workouts time. It would have been crazy to notion taking Beal over MKG just a few months ago. Just my take on the matter.

^^^ I agree with MKG starting to be overlooked. I am wondering if he slips to #6 if the Blazers should draft him. SF isn't a big need with Batum on our roster but I still think MKG could play the 2 if needed. Just seems like to good a talent to pass if he is there at that spot.

Obviously, the Cavs and other teams around the league see something in Beal that can only be seen behind closed doors. Quiet as kept, I think more teams are higher on Beal than MKG and Barnes than we know about.

We keep hearing how much MKG is going to be ready to battle NBA players, how he's so ready - yet - Charlotte isn't interested in drafting him, nor are the Wizards aiming for him. You can argue it's draft needs, minds have been made up, etc. - however, if it's all about next best talent available, no one is biting.

Beal sonned Barnes in a 1 on 1 battle, slashing and shooting over Barnes with no problem. I think more teams see superstar-like skill in Beal than any other player not named Davis. I can see why.

It's the exact reason why I loved Beal from the gate. Dude is all-around polished.

I think teams have been downplaying Beal's skill, to hopefully allow him to fall in their laps.
   Again I like Beal but I would be hesitant to select him even before guys like Jeremy Lamb and Austin Rivers let alone Barnes or MKG if I was an NBA GM

Please explain why/provide proof.

What's the problem? I said they would still have to improve all around the board like in free agency/draft. Why couldn't they be top 6 in the East? Draft Beal, sign a good SF, boom. Doesn't mean much if Kyrie doesn't take that major step though

But whatever, my opinion.

No need to explain. They need to make some pretty big moves. IMO they're not far from the ball park. Not in it yet though.
I know they have some money, so they can def make some moves. Are they willingly NOW is the question.

It'd be great if they can get Beal.  

The Cavs are closer to being the top 6 than you think.

Half way through last season, they were in the playoff hunt - with ease. When Varejao got injured and they began to sit Kyrie down, the Cavs loss more games than any other team, which lead to the lottery pick. So in some way, they tanked the season - and could've easily made the playoffs.

HIGHLY doubtful the Cavs end up in the same conversation as Bobcats and Pistons with Kyrie, Varejao, Thompson and Beal (*) in the line-up.
This team will easily make the playoffs unless they go on a losing binge like last year.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

The Cavs are closer to being the top 6 than you think.

Half way through the season, they were in teh playoff hunt - with ease. When Varejao got injured and they began to sit Kyrie down, the Cavs loss more games than any other team, which lead to the lottery pick. So in some way, they tanked the season - and could've easily made the playoffs.

HIGHLY doubtful the Cavs end up in the same conversation as Bobcats and Pistons with Kyrie, Varejao, Thompson and Beal (*) in the line-up.
This team will easily make the playoffs unless they go on a losing binge like last year.
I'm not as educated on the Cavs, what are their current needs besides a running mate for Kyrie?
SF comes to mind.

Well they need a SF, no doubt. But their biggest need is SG, and that's where Beal comes into play. They have Alonzo Gee at SF, who is a restricted free agent, but reports say Cavs plan to offer Gee a considerate contract - however, he may just take another team's offer if the Cavs are not willing to match.

Gee is probably going to be the starting SF if Beal is selected.

I don't see the Cavs trying to compete next year. I believe they're aiming for one more lottery pick in the 2013 draft before they put all their chips in. They're taking the same route OKC took. Slow, strategized building through draft and trades. By 2013-2014 - they'll be competing for a championship.

The Raptors won two games more than you this past season without Jonas and potentially Iguodala (in discussions with the Sixers) and maybe even Nash if he decides be wants to end his career in Canada. Oh, and their leading scorer Bargnani missed half the season.

Damn, b.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

By 2013-2014 - they'll be competing for a championship.
LOL WUT? Usually agree with your posts but this a straight homer statement. Top 6 seed playoff team in the East sure, but contender? No chance in hell. Unless whoever you draft is ROY and an absolute stud (Anthony Davis) I dont see them being contenders until atleast 2015.

Back
Top Bottom