Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking it's the angle, but the wonders a new strength and conditioning coach can do for you.

I was at the MGM Grand a few weeks ago and this is one of the displays RIGHT when you walk into the lobby.

Floyd's hardware....

View media item 600107
View media item 600108
They also have a few of his ring outfits from the big fights at the MGM. Most of which are ridiculous. Fur n' ostrich n **** :lol:

Last edited:
so floyd and glasschin khan on may 3 .......... my bet is on lock for floyd easy pickin

so floyd and glasschin khan on may 3 .......... my bet is on lock for floyd easy pickin
really??? This is a waste of money, khan doesn't deserve this fight. I'd have a better chance of beating mayweather

Last edited:
I'm thrilled as the biggest Khan supporter on NT. Matchup is smart for both fighters, Khan is the biggest draw for PBF at the moment in terms of financially and overall fan base and support (loyalty). UK will be highly invested in this fight. Win for King Khan because he gets to fight the best before an early retirement, which I foresee in another three to four bouts.

i figured Floyd VS kahn would only happen because Floyd wanted to go over to UK and fight. so would be VS kahn

I'm thinking it's the angle, but the wonders a new strength and conditioning coach can do for you.

You mean the wonders a certain strength and conditioning coach can do for you :nerd:

Angel gonna Angel, the boy JMM had no problem drinking his own piss so I know he has no problem with needles.

Floyd/Khan makes great fiscal sense. Floyd by decision as usual, will be betting my house, car and clothes on him.

I'm thrilled as the biggest Khan supporter on NT. Matchup is smart for both fighters, Khan is the biggest draw for PBF at the moment in terms of financially and overall fan base and support (loyalty). UK will be highly invested in this fight. Win for King Khan because he gets to fight the best before an early retirement, which I foresee in another three to four bouts.
I agree its probably the best (realistic) fight financially speaking for Mayweather right now. However I don't truly believe Khan deserves a shot. Once he lost to Peterson, ish just went downhill for him...

Wins over Molina and Diaz aren't enough. Khan didn't look his sharpest against Diaz either. Even Virgil doesn't feel the timing is ideal.

I wish he had fought Devon first...but can't blame him for trying to get paid. I think Devon beats Khan too btw, thus killing any shot at Mayweather.

Exactly, Khan not trying to take that risk and miss the biggest payday of his career. Though a win over Alexander would have made this fight even bigger but who's to say.

Last edited:
Khan's chin is too questionable IMO. And his lack of defense would have been a possible TKO/KO vs Devon I think

but they are planning to fight in vegas, that uk fan base goes out the window...they aint fynna fly just to see their boy get spanked.

rather see josesito lopez in there than khan.

^ that'd suck if true. I thought the whole allure to this fight was it being in the UK, and not Vegas 

Khan's defense has improved since the Garcia fight. Let me point out, he was outboxing Swift and winning before stupidly trading.

Devon doesn't have the pop to KO Khan, even with a very weak chin.

The fight should be in the UK at Wembley. Even though Khan's support will travel well to Vegas.

I dont like Khan getting this fight, but he can box when focused, unlike some of these punchers that have been in there with Floyd. Does Floyd go from a defensive plan to more of a rough and tumble strategy knowing Khan's history? What does Khan do? We all think we know how it will turn out but you never know. Especially if it goes to the judges.

excited khan got this fight. wouldn't bet on him, but I'll be rooting for him hard. definitely gonna get my fellow Pakistani boys to fly out there to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom