Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mayweather will fight Pacman for his last Showtime contract fight.

But Pacman needs to start making a name for himself again

I think Mayweather will fight Pacman for his last Showtime contract fight.

But Pacman needs to start making a name for himself again
I was thinking he would fight him for his 50th fight, after the contract is done if he wins all the fights. Like a farewell finally giving the fans what they want. But if he loses during a contract fight, I could see him fighting him before then.

Pacquiao's contract with Top Rank ends after 2014. He needs to look impressive from here on out for the fight to be intriguing.

Don't see it, man. Manny's best is behind him. Aging, brutal KO loss, political career, marital problems.

but they are planning to fight in vegas, that uk fan base goes out the window...they aint fynna fly just to see their boy get spanked.

rather see josesito lopez in there than khan.

They came in droves to watch Ricky get annihilated, I'm sure a lot of them will make the trip. They adore Khan out there :lol:

Hell, if he were fighting Brook they'd fly out.

Some of you are underestimating Khan's boxing ability. He's not going to win, but he's slick enough to make the fight entertaining.

But it's not like Khan has a chance of winning vs Floyd & if Khan fights Alexander I think Devon can win a decision.

Khan almost got knocked out by Diaz in his last fight hes not the best option of fighting Floyd based on his previous fights. At least Danny Garcia is more deserving coming off great wins even though he would also lose to Floyd.

Last edited:
Would rather see Garcia fight Floyd than Khan, he's definitely more "deserving" even if he doesn't have a country behind him.

I just don't want to see my boy Swift catch that first L yet 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif

But as far as deserving I guess you could say he's at the top of the list

Last edited:
You guys are right in terms of boxing merit. Just unfortunate Swift isn't as huge a draw outside of Philly. Exposure is better after beating Machine, but he's not an international draw like Khan. Money talks.

Him and Trout my favorite fighters.

Know Khan's chin is suspect. The boy can box when he's not drawn into stupid trading because of pride or ego. Like the Garcia fight. Khan was winning and outboxing Swift. He didn't lose to Peterson in my eyes. Prescott L was a product of a suspect chin. Loss is a loss.

Virgil Hunter needed to help Khan address his defense. Molina win was solid. Khan didn't look his sharpest against Diaz.

what top fighters has khan actually beat?...and dont say maidana because the ref let khan regain his composure. he was gone in that 6th or 7th round.

Super Judah, Paulie, MAB, Molina.

Maidana, which you discredit.

Technically Peterson for knowledgable boxing fans.

Khan in no way shape or form deserves this fight. I'd rather see Floyd fight and dimantle Garcia then Khan whom has no chin

Khan has handspeed but his defense is lacking and he is not mentally tough in the ring at all.

Everytime he gets in a tough spot he wants to trade even when he knows he shouldn't and he ends up on the canvas

He'd be like Canelo in there with no backup plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom