Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we dead this Pac / May talk? It's getting stale taking about this for the last 5 years.

Who do you guys have for end of year awards, and 2014 predictions?

Golovin fighter of the year. 4 wins all by way of knockout.
Maidana v Broner fight of the year. (there are probably better fights but this one is fresh in my head.)
Adonis Stevenson knockout of the year over Chad Dawson.
Keith Thurman will be 2014 fighter of the year positioning himself to fight May.
Deontay Wilder is the next undefeated fighter to get exposed.

By who? With the lack of competition in that division I think he stays undefeated in 2014. I think he will eventually get exposed, just not so soon unless he fights one of the Klitschko brothers.

I put that Curtis Stevens KO vs Roman in the knockout of the year category as well.

GGG or Stevenson fighter of the year.

Fight of the year Bradley vs Prov, Broner vs Madiana, and Omar Figueroa Jr. vs Nihito Arakawa was a great lightweight fight on the Berto vs Soto-Karass undercard

Last edited:
By who? With the lack of competition in that division I think he stays undefeated in 2014. I think he will eventually get exposed, just not so soon unless he fights one of the Klitschko brothers.

I put that Curtis Stevens KO vs Roman in the knockout of the year category as well.

Fight of the year Bradley vs Prov, Broner vs Madiana, and Omar Figueroa Jr. vs Nihito Arakawa was a great lightweight fight on the Berto vs Soto-Karass undercard

Your right. Heavy weights are very slim pickings now. Aside from the Klitschko brothers, Stiverne or Arreola give Wilder the business.
Good choices for fight of the year. I forgot Bradley v. Prov was this year. Also Rios v. Alvarado 2.

Your right. Heavy weights are very slim pickings now. Aside from the Klitschko brothers, Stiverne or Arreola give Wilder the business.
Good choices for fight of the year. I forgot Bradley v. Prov was this year. Also Rios v. Alvarado 2.

Rios vs Alvarado 2 :smokin

I forgot about Arreola, if he takes that fight seriously and properly trains for it I can see him giving Wilder a run for his money.

As much hate as Lawrence Cole gets his officiating does make good fights. He did broners fight this weekend and also Omar figuero Jr. Vs. Nihito Arakawa, both fight of the year candidates being mentioned here

I keep hearing talk about the winner of Ortiz-Collazo being the opponent for Danny Garcia... anyone else think it doesn't matter who wins really cause Garcia has a lot of better opponents to choose from in 2014? I don't really see Collazo being a heavy player in Welterweight, no disrespect to him. Then with Ortiz I think him getting back up there is a maybe, a big maybe. He has potential but man his attitude and heart suck. Dude was recently talking with RingTV about how Maidana n Lopez don't belong on his level. BOTH those guys made you quit!

Collazo never gets any respect. Took it to Hatton after early knockdowns, and outclassed Berto who did nothing but throw one punch falling forward then clinch. Got robbed both times. I don't think he beats Seift but he won't quit like Ortiz will.

Collazo never gets any respect. Took it to Hatton after early knockdowns, and outclassed Berto who did nothing but throw one punch falling forward then clinch. Got robbed both times. I don't think he beats Seift but he won't quit like Ortiz will.

Agree. But do you feel he still has what it takes to be at the top of 147 with all the other fighters already up there?

I don't mind Daanny Garcia fighting a fringe contender at 147 before facing the top ranked Welterweights. Speaking of which, Kell Brook needs to fight a real name. :smh:

Collazo would be a good first fight for Danny at 147.  Too many fighters have learned the hard way you can't just jump from 140 to 147 and get in there with the top class of the division.

Anyway, we're wrapping up a very good year of boxing.  Award lists are going to be coming out soon.

I'll wait until about the 2nd to start a new thread.

Broner vs Maidana 1.3 million viewers! Broner vs Gavin Rees (back in Feb.) did 1.4 million and Broner vs Paul did 1.3 million also! He claims the highest rated telecast for showtime sports. Question now is, will he continue to be a huge draw since he lost?

Last edited:
I keep hearing talk about the winner of Ortiz-Collazo being the opponent for Danny Garcia... anyone else think it doesn't matter who wins really cause Garcia has a lot of better opponents to choose from in 2014? I don't really see Collazo being a heavy player in Welterweight, no disrespect to him. Then with Ortiz I think him getting back up there is a maybe, a big maybe. He has potential but man his attitude and heart suck. Dude was recently talking with RingTV about how Maidana n Lopez don't belong on his level. BOTH those guys made you quit!

To be fair, Ortiz may actually have mental problems. He might be the dumbest interview in boxing - which is impressive considering these guys get hit in the head for a living. If I were his management, id ban him from being near microphones or journalists.

To be fair, Ortiz may actually have mental problems. He might be the dumbest interview in boxing - which is impressive considering these guys get hit in the head for a living. If I were his management, id ban him from being near microphones or journalists.
Danny leaning on 140 for one more fight then 147... He want Manny tho... Lol

I first realized this when he was at the Super Six final and said he doesn't know who Carl Froch is. :smh:

Don't y'all see what's happening here? Floyd only has 4 fights left. If he fights pacman now it's a bad business move. It's gonna be the last of his 4 baring a pacman loss in between time. And Floyd losing is just not gonna happen unless he goes up and fights Andre ward and u know that's not gonna happen

Last edited:
I don't think Floyd will do this but it'd be interesting to see him fight middleweights and I honestly think he'd be able to beat most of them but if he fights GGG it'd be interesting cause Floyd is the superior boxer still but GGG would actually have the power for a 1 punch ko against him.  

Broner vs Maidana 1.3 million viewers! Broner vs Gavin Rees (back in Feb.) did 1.4 million and Broner vs Paul did 1.3 million also! He claims the highest rated telecast for showtime sports. Question now is, will he continue to be a huge draw since he lost?
as long as they keep him off ppv and just at showtime will continue watching cant wait for broner to grow up or stay the same and keep pop lockin and droppin in the ring lolView media item 700346

Amped for Bute/Pascal.

What's good with Kessler. Previous two tied up. Froch just beat Groves.

What Abraham did to JT hurts my soul. Dude should not be boxing anymore. Can't take anymore after that and Pavlik losses.

2014: My dream.

Kovalev/Stevenson
Porter/Thurman
Manny/PBF
Chino/Machine
Swift/?
Ward/GGG

They're actually doing a series on that on ESPN.

I think so far they had Gonzalez with someone, Rigo/Santa Cruz, Nonito/Mikey & Froch/JCC Jr. They're doing 12 fights in 12 days.

Amped for Bute/Pascal.

What's good with Kessler. Previous two tied up. Froch just beat Groves.

What Abraham did to JT hurts my soul. Dude should not be boxing anymore. Can't take anymore after that and Pavlik losses.

2014: My dream.

Kovalev/Stevenson
Porter/Thurman
Manny/PBF
Chino/Machine
Swift/?
Ward/GGG

Swift Garcia vs Malignaggi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom