Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys think Canelo and Angulo can do decent numbers on ppv? I'm guessing they would count on Maxico, I just don't see it.

Damn can't believe I forgot to visit this thread after Broner's overrated a** got spanked by Chino 
laugh.gif
. Were the Broner lovers crying?

You guys think Canelo and Angulo can do decent numbers on ppv? I'm guessing they would count on Maxico, I just don't see it.
Horrible PPV even if GB stacks it. Angulo shouldn't get a PPV fight after a loss.

Canelo should come back on a regular SHOWTIME card vs Molina
I wouldn't buy it unless it had two very good under cards. We were spoiled on the Mayweather/Canelo fight.

Kirkland/GGG?
nerd.gif
Huge loss if Kirkland takes this fight.

He was supposed to fight Canelo for 800k but backed out.

GGG himself doesn't even make 500k a fight.

The amount of guys having floyd on a pedestal in here is greater than I thought. These are the same guys claiming they are to some degree "experts" in boxing, but miss the fact that ANYTHING could happen in boxing. It has happened too many times (Broner/Maidana as of recent) ....predicting what would happen ahead of time in a fight just sounds stupid. People just don't want to accept the fact that Floyd is somewhat doubtful of the W against Pacquiao. First it was the testing: testing got agreed upon. Then it was the money: Pacquiao agreed to the split. Then it was the " He is not so great. He is fighting all the guys floyd fought and beat which are already weak": Pacquiao demolished Cotto and then Money fought him and he gave him a hard time in the ring. Pacquiao already had a W against Marquez before Floyd fought him. Now the excuse is Manny is 1-2 and is not a worthy opponent
roll.gif
 Where were you when he was on a winning streak straight bodying dudes?? I'm no boxing expert. I'm not taking sides or making predictions. Just a fan waiting to see the fight.

Both fighters have extremist fans that accuse the other ones to be annoying and naive. I can not care less about all of that. If anything the idea of dangling that carrot in front of our heads and having us believe the fight will happen next while robbing us blind with each PPV was genius. :smh:

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to see the fight. Nice to see him get lit up. Always been an ***. But boxing needs bad guys so it's good for the sport. Awesome year

Roy Jones won his fight today Smh why is he still fighting?

Funny how he turned down a 10 fight, $100M deal with HBO because he didnt want to fight that long

Lol too bad Marquez has the glory of the KO and Floyd has to resort to memes. Safety first right, go get that monster Khan fight

Floyd will always be haunted by this Pacman thing. Just look at his body language any time Manny's name gets mentioned to him. He loses it.

Stupid promoters ruin everything in boxing.

Posted from Floyd's ig
laugh.gif
roll.gif
i love boxing and am a big fan of manny but the truth is he never posed a threat of any sort to PBF. yeah styles make fights and mannys style would make for a good bout with a counter puncher like floyd, probably the best fight available for floyd right now yeah, obviously.  but lets just be real about the situation, just because its the best fight available doesnt mean floyd wont expose him. PBF in a lane by himself right now and its hard for a lot of people/pacman fans to except that.

I disagree with the statement that manny never posed a threat of any sort to Floyd. Three yrs ago when manny was at his peak he definitely posed a threat , now not so much. Manny was throwing 100 punches a round. I don't care how good your defense is, you can't dodge all those punches. It's like 100 missiles coming at you, can't get away from all of em. And I'm a fan of both. Floyd is obviously one of the best ever and manny is great in his own right. Just my opinion.

Nice to see you in this thread :lol:

I got a chance to watch your boy fight Kirkland to. That ish was all bad man. Tell him never to slug it out with a bulldog like that ever again. 

He's going to slug it out no matter who he fights. Had he continued to apply the pressure, he was on his way to knocking Kirkland out in the 1st round. After that it was all down hill :smh: ... He's in good spirits now, hopefully he can bounce back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom