Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how he turned down a 10 fight, $100M deal with HBO because he didnt want to fight that long
Lol too bad Marquez has the glory of the KO and Floyd has to resort to memes. Safety first right, go get that monster Khan fight

Floyd will always be haunted by this Pacman thing. Just look at his body language any time Manny's name gets mentioned to him. He loses it.

Stupid promoters ruin everything in boxing.
Floyd acts like a bitter ex girlfriend when it comes to anything Manny.

I disagree with the statement that manny never posed a threat of any sort to Floyd. Three yrs ago when manny was at his peak he definitely posed a threat , now not so much. Manny was throwing 100 punches a round. I don't care how good your defense is, you can't dodge all those punches. It's like 100 missiles coming at you, can't get away from all of em. And I'm a fan of both. Floyd is obviously one of the best ever and manny is great in his own right. Just my opinion.

This.

I disagree with the statement that manny never posed a threat of any sort to Floyd. Three yrs ago when manny was at his peak he definitely posed a threat , now not so much. Manny was throwing 100 punches a round. I don't care how good your defense is, you can't dodge all those punches. It's like 100 missiles coming at you, can't get away from all of em. And I'm a fan of both. Floyd is obviously one of the best ever and manny is great in his own right. Just my opinion.

why not now? is it because JMM put him away? (he was winning that fight btw JMM was hurt bad) I don't think that changed him as a fighter. hes a brawler. I think shortly after Floyd posed the random olympic style drug testing, roach/ariza had to put a hold on whatever it was they were doing, be it significant to his performance or not they had to stop. and when that happened all of the sudden manny start catching L's.....outside of the JMM ko he hasn't lost a recent fight so whats the difference now?

Last edited:

why not now? is it because JMM put him away? (he was winning that fight btw JMM was hurt bad) I don't think that changed him as a fighter. hes a brawler. I think shortly after Floyd posed the random olympic style drug testing, roach/ariza had to put a hold on whatever it was they were doing, be it significant to his performance or not they had to stop. and when that happened all of the sudden manny start catching L's.....

I noticed him starting to fade in the Margarito and Mosley fights. His work rate and aggressiveness just wasn't quite there. Might be due to aging and his other commitments in life. Who knows?

Last edited:
I'll be back to updating the thread with the EOY awards, rankings and anything else day after tomorrow.

Everyone enjoy a safe and Merry Christmas!

:pimp:

Merry Christmas everyone :smile:

My awards:
Best KO JMM over Pacquaio
FOTY Provodnikov vs Bradley
Upset of the Year Jhonny Gonzalez KO over Abner Mares
Fighter of the Year: Floyd Mayweather just because he barely lost any rounds against Guerrero & Alvarez

My wishlist for 2014

Danny Garcia vs Marcos Maidana
Floyd Mayweather vs Danny Garcia/Maidana/Matthysse either of the 3
Ruslan Provodnikov vs Manny Pacquaio
GGG vs Cotto/Sergio Martinez

:rofl: i love boxing and am a big fan of manny but the truth is he never posed a threat of any sort to PBF. yeah styles make fights and mannys style would make for a good bout with a counter puncher like floyd, probably the best fight available for floyd right now yeah, obviously.  but lets just be real about the situation, just because its the best fight available doesnt mean floyd wont expose him. PBF in a lane by himself right now and its hard for a lot of people/pacman fans to except that.

Cmon man, Prime Pacman posed as much of a threat, if not more, than any of the fighters he fought since De La Hoya. You said it, it's the best fight available and that's all that needs to be said. Whether Floyd washes him out or not is a moot point. In boxing, there are no sure things and one punch can change the entire direction of a fight. That's the beauty of it and that's why people are still asking for this fight, even at this stage. Just to see it happen.

The last biggest fight in boxing. And we'll probably never see it happen :smh:

Boxing has been so good that I haven't cared about a PAC Floyd fight at all. Doesn't even cross my mind

The way Floyd has been coming at PAC man on Instagram lately makes me really think he might fight manny next, idk just a thought

The way he talked about Khan to fighthype i think that's next.

And im thinking he's gonna stop Khan like he did Corrales

Last edited:
Khan keeps it closer than Chico. RIP. Corrales was down like 10 points before his corner threw in the towel. Numerous knockdowns.

Like I said earlier Manny never stood a chance against Floyd, Manny is a brawler that is tailor made for a skilled defensive counter puncher.  Floyd is possibly the greatest defensive counter puncher ever so it would've been heavily one sided.  You have to go to the 160 lb division to find a challenge for floyd, Sergio would've been way more dangerous than Manny because of his size and he'd pose a threat to really hurt floyd if he caught floyd with 1 flush shot.  Manny wouldn't have the power to hurt Floyd with 1 flush shot, it'd have to be through accumulated punches and he's not going to be able to hit floyd with enough clean shots to hurt him

The way he talked about Khan to fighthype i think that's next.

This. Also, he knows all he has to do is say, "My next opponent will be Manny Pacquiao." And the hype will generate by itself. The Instagram stuff is just him and his camp messing around, if anything they might be announcing the Khan fight soon and want to stir up the speculation pot again to get people talking

Am I the only one thinking Maidana could get the lottery ticket?

When Floyd chose Ortiz & Guerrero, they were coming off their biggest W's in FOTY candidate fights. It wouldn't be hard to make as they are both Haymon repped. From a financial standpoint, it's not a hard fight to sell. Maidana is prob the most buzzed about boxer at the money, he's Hispanic and has a country behind him, and there's even that whole "revenge for Adrian" subplot.

The fight itself would be a Gatti sized beating, but it'd do well on PPV.

Unless Floyd plans to fight in NY or the UK, I just don't see how fighting Khan wouldn't be a flop, prob less than Floyd/Ghost numbers.

Had Khan not gotten himself washed by Garcia, then look like trash in his 2 comeback fights after...he might've built himself up better.

Am I the only one thinking Maidana could get the lottery ticket?

When Floyd chose Ortiz & Guerrero, they were coming off their biggest W's in FOTY candidate fights. It wouldn't be hard to make as they are both Haymon repped. From a financial standpoint, it's not a hard fight to sell. Maidana is prob the most buzzed about boxer at the money, he's Hispanic and has a country behind him, and there's even that whole "revenge for Adrian" subplot.

The fight itself would be a Gatti sized beating, but it'd do well on PPV.

Unless Floyd plans to fight in NY or the UK, I just don't see how fighting Khan wouldn't be a flop, prob less than Floyd/Ghost numbers.

Had Khan not gotten himself washed by Garcia, then look like trash in his 2 comeback fights after...he might've built himself up better.
Maidana is from Argentina right? I don't think he has a big enough fan base for Floyd to consider fighting him from a financial standpoint.

Garcia on YouTube lobbying for the Chino/PBF fight.

Also he's begging 50 to send contract over for Gamboa to fight Mikey. :lol: Yuriokis don't want them prahblems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom