OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

i was offered Jordy Nelson and David Wilson for Antonio Gates and Roddy White. Deal or no deal? This is my team.....

Stafford
CJ Spill
Alfred
Nicks
Roddy
Gates/Julius Thomas
Steven Jackson
Seahawks
Walsh

i was offered Jordy Nelson and David Wilson for Antonio Gates and Roddy White. Deal or no deal? This is my team.....

Stafford
CJ Spill
Alfred
Nicks
Roddy
Gates/Julius Thomas
Steven Jackson
Seahawks
Walsh

DO IT! That guy must think its 2009.

Jordy has the most TD's since 2011 and Wilson HAS to bounce back VS a washed up Gates and, a hobbled for the next few weeks, Roddy.
You're stacked a RB so you can use one of them for trade bait later in the season.

Last edited:
Kenbrell Thompkins was targeted 14 times in week 1

3 in the red zone

Maybe he is worth a start this week

Same here I have Thompkins in 3 of my leagues and don't plan on dropping him. I agree that he had first game rookie jitters. I have to play him with Roddy White not 100%, but ill give Thompkins a couple weeks before I figure out what to do with him.
i hear ya. i have thompkins as my 4th WR. im holding on to him regardless. that offense with brady is gonna throw and he'll perform.

i have no problem taking the wait and see approach

Kubiak says he wants to keep Tate and Foster sharing carries.... damn, b.

Do I flex:
Mike Williams at home vs. NO
Tavon Austin playing vs/in ATL
Kenny Stills playing vs/in TB
or.......Ben Tate at home vs. TENN

I have Foster starting too.... :nerd:

Kenbrell Thompkins was targeted 14 times in week 1

3 in the red zone

Maybe he is worth a start this week
12 team ppr, 3 wr. i have dez, welker and steve smith as my starters with Stevie johnson and thompkins as my WR depth. 

i dont think i have to worry about starting any of my bench wr over dez, hearing he'll play through the foor sprain

Stafford
CJ Spill
Alfred
Nicks
Roddy
Gates/Julius Thomas
Steven Jackson
Seahawks
Walsh
DO IT! That guy must think its 2009.

Jordy has the most TD's since 2011 and Wilson HAS to bounce back VS a washed up Gates and, a hobbled for the next few weeks, Roddy.
You're stacked a RB so you can use one of them for trade bait later in the season.

Someone really just offered me Mathews + Gronk Shady. 0]

WDIS (Pick 1) - FLEX - 1PPR

Shorts @ OAK
M. Williams vs. NO

WDIS (Pick 1) - FLEX - Standard

M. Austin @ KC
Richardson @ ATL
T. Austin @ ATL
Hopkins vs. TEN

Anyone mess with IDP in here?

I have Spiller and Trent Richardson as my starting RBs, with Lacy as my backup/regular Flex.

I have Daryl Richardson as a 4th RB who wont get much PT beyond an injury on my squad.

Would you move Richardson for Navarro Bowman and JJ Watt? or Richardson and Cameron Jordan for Bowman and Watt?

My starting LBs are LaVonte David and Jerrell Freeman. Backups are Bruce Carter and the suspended Daryl Washington.

My DLs are Chandler Jones, Derrick Morgan and Cam Jordan.

would you guys make this trade? 12 team 1PPR

i was proposed: jermichael finley for daryl richardson

my current RB and TE depth:

shady mccoy, frank gore (1 & 2), daryl richardson, bernard pierce
brandon pettigrew and brent celek

as you can see, my TE position is really weak, but i don't know if I should deplete my RB depth for marginal improvement..

should i try and counter for another one of his TE's. he has jason witten, julius thomas, and jermichael finley.

i feel he is desperate because his only RBs are shane vereen, cj spiller, and knowshon moreno.. and jason witten is enticing.

my gut says to just stick it out with my current squad, though.

Here is my squad

Russell Wilson/Terrell Pryor/Roethlisberger

Stevan Ridley/CJ Spiller//BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Roddy White/Pierre Garcon/Tavon Austin/Brian Hartline/Ryan Broyles

Brent Celek/Gronk

Denver D

the guys on my waiver wire are

Leonard Hankerson

Eddie Royal

Marlon Brown

Jerome Simpson

Doug Baldwin

my receivers are absolutely brutal, who can I replace Broyles with?
pls respond

nerd.gif

embarassed.gif

Personally I'd roll with Marlon Brown, for this week only.  Torrey Smith is going to draw Joe Haden and he's really the only guy that can cover in Cleveland's secondary.

Yeah but a lot of the local New England talking heads are saying he looked AWFUL and made a lot of basic technique mistakes (and in the writers opinions "showing why he wasn't drafted to begin with", and won't see as much action this week. I really hope not, because I stashed him on my bench with a draft pick hoping for a possible breakout, but we shall see.

So this is my first year using a draft pick on an elite defense, the San Francisco 49ers. I've always gone with the strategy of picking a defense with my last pick and just playing match-ups in previous years. To be honest, I just picked up whichever defenses were playing the Jaguars, Raiders, Chiefs, Colts (only in 2011), Vikings (only in 2011), etc. and it always seemed to work out pretty well. WELL, the 49ers were extremely middle of the road against the Packers in Week 1, and now they play @ Seattle in Week 2, another tough match up.

What strategy do you use? I know San Francisco has a lot of favorable match-ups throughout their season of course, but sticking with one defense the entire way also gives way to those weeks where you're going to get nothing from them but an average performance.

What do you guys think?

I trade:

WR Dwayne Bowe

RB Fred Jackson

RB Le'Veon Bell

I get:

RB David Wilson

WR Josh Gordon

TE Owen Daniels

What strategy do you use? I know San Francisco has a lot of favorable match-ups throughout their season of course, but sticking with one defense the entire way also gives way to those weeks where you're going to get nothing from them but an average performance.
I mentioned in an earlier post that I've also employed the strategy of streaming defenses over the last few years.  More often than not you're able to match the production of an "elite defense" over the course of a season.

You've put yourself in a bit of a tough position as you spent a pick that could have otherwise used on a depth player and as a result probably feel obligated to commit to them long term.  At this point it's up to your personal preference.  You could cut ties and play the match-ups the rest of the way but realize that someone else will likely view SF as a commodity and promptly snap them up, with the probability existing that they hold onto them for the rest of the year.  Or you could just set-it-and-forget-it and focus on maximizing the rest of the talent on your roster.

What do you guys think?

I trade:

WR Dwayne Bowe

RB Fred Jackson

RB Le'Veon Bell

I get:

RB David Wilson

WR Josh Gordon

TE Owen Daniels
Do it.  You're buying low on Wilson and also getting a solid TE along with Gordon who has the ceiling of a WR1.

thinking about this trade:

Reggie Wayne & Chris Johnson for Megatron
Which player(s) are you getting out of the trade? And is this the league where you start Powell and Bernard as your RBs? If you're the one getting Chris Johnson I'd pull the trigger. You need a quality RB to start other than one of those two guys. And if it's PPR Wayne should be able to keep up with Megatron.

It's not PPR, so should I not do the trade?

I've replaced Powell and Bernard with Denver tandem of Hillman and Moreno. What you think?

Back
Top Bottom