OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

Should I add Chris Ivory or Jordan Reed, or should I go for both? I can most likely get one of the two since I'm 3rd in waiver priority.

I have Tony Gonzalez as my TE

I have Doug Martin, Joique Bell, Willis McGahee, Montee Ball, and Johnathan Stewart as my RBs (my league has 14 teams and 7 bench slots)

Who do I drop between Eli Manning, Willis McGahee, Montee Ball, Johnathan Stewart, and Browns and Bengals D/STs?
add Ivory. Your RB's looking real sad

Drop Montee Ball. Moreno is clearly the feature back in Denver now.

add Ivory. Your RB's looking real sad

Drop Montee Ball. Moreno is clearly the feature back in Denver now.
Yeah I wasted a pick in Ball and it's tough to have a solid RB cast in such a deep league. Just submitted a waiver for him, thanks.

Powell was the #1 for the first 6 weeks, but the Jets decided to give Ivory all the carries week 7 and may possibly be the #1 for now unless Powell steps up again

PPR league

Offered my Gio/McFadden/Helu for his Decker/E Sanders/Rice.

I'm desperate for WRs. I have Blackmon/Allen/Boykin only. My RBs are Gio/Charles/Reggie Bush/McFadden/Andre Brown/Helu.

He might want me to include a WR back, and id only give Boykin away. Do you think he's a legit option the rest of the year or only until Jones comes back. I know Finley is out now so that helps.

here is week 7 storyline from tom kessenich of the nffc.  i love reading it every week....hope you guys do also.

[h3]Week 7 Thoughts & Observations[/h3]
by Tom Kessenich  » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:20 pm

Here are some random thoughts and observations as I wonder if it's sunk in yet to Roger Goodell just how freaking moronic it is to consider an 18-game NFL season:

For one week at least the Next Man Up philosophy worked out all right in Green Bay.

Of course, it sure does help when Brandon Weeden is the opposing quarterback.

Every since the Trent Richardson trade Chris Ogbonnaya had caught at least four passes in every game he had played and was quietly generating some PPR Gold. Until the one week I strongly advocate him. Figures. Sorry everyone, I had no idea Academy Award winner Forest Whitaker was going to emerge out of nowhere and steal all of his snaps. Sometimes, this game is truly maddening.

Josh Gordon sure did an excellent job of lowering his trade value on Sunday.

So let me see if I got this straight, Jim Irsay took Peyton Manning to task last week for winning a lot in the regular season while essentially calling those types of victories meaningless. He then went on Twitter after Sunday night's game to rave about how wonderful it was that his Colts had just won a regular season game. I'm sure that all makes perfect sense to Jim Irsay.

I took a lot of heat on Twitter and on my Milwaukee radio show in the preseason for calling Andrew Luck an elite NFL quarterback. Funny how nobody has bothered to call me out on that lately. 

Yeah he's good.

He's really really good.

Trent Richardson, though? Not so much. 

Doug Martin. Reggie Wayne. Sam Bradford. Jermichael Finley. Jay Cutler. Not to mention Arian Foster too. That was a brutal Sunday. 

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery, Jermichael Finley. 

Sure does look like the change from Josh Freeman to Mike Glennon was the best thing that could've happened to Vincent Jackson's fantasy value. Glennon only has eyes for VJax. As a VJax owner, I'm totally fine with that.

Oh, VJax's 59-yard one-handed TD was as good a catch as any player will ever make in the NFL. That was a thing of beauty. 

Julio and Roddy who? Sorry, I doubted you Matty Ice. I shall not do it again. That was damn impressive.

Hold on Peyton Manning just fluttered another pass well out of the reach of Demaryius Thomas.

Dear John Fox, when Peyton is trying to rally your team for a victory and the defense has no idea at all how to stop him trying to get cute and calling a running play at the 1-yard line for Ronnie Hillman is dumb. It's really really dumb. You know what's smart? Keeping the ball in the hands of the guy who's trying to bring you back. 

You know what's really crazy about Peyton's game on Sunday night? He looked terrible for most of the night and still threw for nearly 400 yards with three touchdowns. The guy is amazing. He really is. 

Last week on Twitter and on our Sirius Radio show I lost count of the number of people who seemed to have given up on Calvin Johnson. People wanted to bench him or trade him away for pennies on the dollar. I tried to tell them how foolish that was. He's Calvin Freakin Johnson. No way you give up on someone like that. On Sunday, Megatron returned and the defense rested. I hope all the folks were paying attention. 

I have no idea how the Patriots lost to the Jets on Sunday. Up 21-10 at halftime and finally a healthy Gronk. That was an epic meltdown. Hats off to the Jets and Geno Smith for another late-game rally but I'm still dumbfounded by how the Patriots lost that game.

By the way, don't look now but Tom Brady has become a very pedestrian fantasy quarterback. 

It took Mario Williams a little longer than the Bills hoped but he's finally making good on that rich free-agent contract.

The Cowboys and Eagles came into Sunday's game with two Top 5 offenses and two highly suspect defenses. So of course they combined for two touchdowns and 20 total points.

So much for Nick Foles being the Eagles' answer at quarterback. Ball's back in your court, Mike Vick. 

Case Keenum and Jake Locker combined for three touchdown passes on Sunday. Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, Tony Romo and Nick Foles combined for two. Just like everyone predicted.

Robert Griffin III sure looked like himself on Sunday for the first time this season. It definitely helps that Jordan Reed is an ascending talent and the ******** now have a potentially dynamic 1-2 punch with Alfred Morris and Roy Helu in the backfield.

Great line from Kenny Albert about the ********-Bears game: "Last team to score wins." I love those kinda games. 

Jamaal Charles has scored in every game this season. I heart him.

Alex Smith's quarterback draw where he faked to no one and then sprinted into the end zone was a great play. I would've loved to have been in the meeting room when the Chiefs came up with that one.

Kendall Wright has 38 receptions in his last six games and has caught at least five passes in each of those games. That guy deserves a lot more love than he's been getting. I'm not sure anybody outside of Tennessee and fantasy circles knows just how good he is. 

Remember when some people were frustrated that A.J. Green's numbers weren't more spectacular? It's a long season, my friends. 

The Jaguars have scored a grand total of 11 points in three home games. They are the "home" team for the London game in Week 8. Is that our way of getting back at the Brits for Hugh Grant smacking down Billy Bob Thornton in "Love Actually?"

Barring injury, Eddie Lacy and Le'Veon Bell are going to be dominant figures for their respective teams for a long time to come. Those are two good-looking rookie running backs.

When Cam Newton is playing really well (like he has the last two games), my first thought is always how much better would he be if the Panthers gave him more legitimate weapons to utilize in the passing game?

And lastly, I'm not sure what I enjoyed more on Sunday morning - hearing that Brett Favre not only plays fantasy, that he has Aaron Rodgers on his fantasy team or that he "sucks at it." Probably all of the above.

Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, STATS LLC
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

•  

I wouldn't trade 3 backs for those 3 receivers. Not a fan of Sanders.

It's Ray Rice actually. If I want Decker, I pretty much have to package Rice with him. He doesn't trust Helu. I'm thinking of Gio/Brown for Decker/Ray Rice and see if he'll do that.

Or maybe some package of Gio/McFadden for Decker/Ray Rice

Last edited:
any WR worth picking up?

I have to play Greg Jennings and Kenbrell Thompkins this week :x :smh:

boykins is long gone in leagues that stay on top of things.  i am taking a shot in every league i am in with LAVON BRAZIL. i play in 12-14 team leagues with a 20 deep roster so you can stash a guy or two.  big upside here. i already have heyward-bey on a few teams tucked away so i am going to sit on brazil and see what happens.

any WR worth picking up?

I have to play Greg Jennings and Kenbrell Thompkins this week :x :smh:

Not sure who is available but these are players I'd look into Jeremy Curley, Greg Little, Michael Floyd, Mike Williams and Sidney Rice.

Who has the most upside and trade value of these 3 WR's?

Douglas, M.Wallace or Boldin?

1. Douglas 2. Boldin 3.Wallace

Last edited:
boykins is long gone in leagues that stay on top of things.  i am taking a shot in every league i am in with LAVON BRAZIL. i play in 12-14 team leagues with a 20 deep roster so you can stash a guy or two.  big upside here. i already have heyward-bey on a few teams tucked away so i am going to sit on brazil and see what happens.

Nice find. I didn't think there was much left after Wayne got hurt. Hilton and DHB are inconsistent. I'll pick him up too. Yahoo says he's mostly a deep threat though?

is Mike WIlliams even gonna play this week? i might just pick him up. im desperate and dont think Jennings and Thompkins together will even get me 10pts combined

Nice find. I didn't think there was much left after Wayne got hurt. Hilton and DHB are inconsistent. I'll pick him up too. Yahoo says he's mostly a deep threat though?
screw yahoo.  they know less than most people.  guys like mathew berry gets chewed up in leagues he plays in with us in the nffc.  guy is a joke.

good time to pick him up in a bye week.. shop early for the best buys.  
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom