OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

How did I do guys? Had the 5th pick out of 8.

Drafted my 8 team standard, 2 QB league, with passing td worth 4 pts. I feel like I need to upgrade at RB, both 2 Rb's I wanted to get got picked right before my pick. Anyways here is my roster:

QB: Brady
QB: Dalton
RB: McCoy
RB: Sproles
WR: Megatron
WR: B. Marshall
WR: Dez
TE: Olsen
K: Prater
DEF: Bengals

BN: Cutler
BN: Mendenhall
BN: C. Shorts
BN: W. Welker
BN: D. Richardson
BN: K. Thompkins
BN: J. Cameron
BN: K. Stills

Some players not drafted. (any I should pick up)
Steve Johnson, K. Britt, L. Moore, Le'Veon Bell, Mike Williams, K. Wright, G. Tate, Fred Jackson, E. Sanders, J. Gordon, Vereen

How in the world did you manage to get Cameron Thompkins and Stills? I agree that you don't have enough depth at RB but you're so stacked with receivers that you can easily make a trade come mid season. I say mid season because it seems like no one who you're playing with knows the values of the guys you drafted so you'll have to wait until they actually produce before you can make good trades using them.

:x :x at that free agent pool. Grab Bell just cause you need Rbs, GET MIKE WILLIAMS RIGHT NOW. I'm real high on him this year. I can't even suggest anyone todrop tthough your bench is nothing but solid guys.

Last edited:
Had a draft last night and co worker drated RG3 and Brady right after. Then said Brady is just in case RG gets hurt. These skins fans I tell ya smh.

I found the top scorers from last year based on the scoring system.

Randall Cobb had 952 receiving yards and scored 8 touchdowns

Jamal Charles rushed for 1502 yards caught 236 and scored 6 touchdowns.

Randall Cobb had more overall points than him,

Hell Adrian Peterson had more yards and 8 more touchdowns than Calvin Johnson but Calvin only had 5 less overall points. Its just a heavily slanted league toward WR scoring.
cobbs return yardage also counts in a ppr, im sure thats why he had so many points

in a 5 keeper league, i got the third pick. who will produce this year and a lot in the future between:

Eddie Lacy
Tavon Austin
Giovani Bernard
Lamar Miller
Leveon Bell
Antonio Brown
Desean Jackson

How in the world did you manage to get Cameron Thompkins and Stills? I agree that you don't have enough depth at RB but you're so stacked with receivers that you can easily make a trade come mid season. I say mid season because it seems like no one who you're playing with knows the values of the guys you drafted so you'll have to wait until they actually produce before you can make good trades using them.

:x :x at that free agent pool. Grab Bell just cause you need Rbs, GET MIKE WILLIAMS RIGHT NOW. I'm real high on him this year. I can't even suggest anyone todrop tthough your bench is nothing but solid guys.

I'm thinking the same, I think I can trade one of my receiver to upgrade at the RB position. As far as Thompkins, Cameron, and Stills, those were the sleepers I wanted and no one was going after them so I picked them up in the last rounds. They all had the same draft papers so they all had higher ranked players, good for me. One crazy pick was that I picked up Sproles in the 15th round out of 18.

Thoughts on who the put in the FLEX
Standard League

Eric Decker
Daryl Richardson
Montee Ball

Mike Wallace
Shane Vereen

Thoughts on who the put in the FLEX
Standard League

Eric Decker
Daryl Richardson
Montee Ball

Mike Wallace
Shane Vereen
richardson cause he has no competition, although ball may be the goal line back for denver

vereen is flex worthy in ppr 

Last edited:
I have mixed thoughts about the Denver situation.

Peyton has so many weapons it might bea week by week thing on who balls ( decker / DT / Wes )

Monte might be solid start depending on the match up.

Honestly I would go with Wallace as a flex, he's the number one guy.
i dont buy into wallace even with him being the #1. hartline was the clear # 1 last year and he only scored like 1 td. wallace is better than hartline but its the same qb. theres a reason why all 3 denver wr's were ranked higher than wallace. better qb, in an offense that will put up points. 

My first time playing FF. What ya'll think about my team.

QB: Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton

RB: Ray Rice, Trent Richardson, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Fred Jackson

WR: Dwayne Bowe, Larry Fitzgerald, Greg Jennings, Hakeem Nicks

TE: Jermain Gresham, Jason Witten

K: Justin Tucker

Def: Tampa Bay, Cincinnati

Cleared TB off waivers because they play the Jets WK1

great team. above average in every position. if the team stays healthy you have a real shot at winning

great team. above average in every position. if the team stays healthy you have a real shot at winning
Thanks. Do ya'll think I should rock with these two Def all season or play it by matchup? 

Also, who should I play at Flex?

Last edited:
Finally getting close to my Draft.

Got the 7th pick. Praying someone ahead of me makes a mistake...

I like my team so far except for the QB situation (12 team, PPR league, 8th pick)

QB: Russell Wilson, Vick
RB: Spiller, Steven Jackson, Eddy Lacy, Woodhead, Marcel Reece
WR: Cobb, Larry Fitz, Antonio Brown, Mike Williams, Reuben Randle, Cordarrelle
TE: Sudfeld (and TE Waiver Wire roulette for the rest of the season lol)
D: Ravens
K: Matt Prater

All the mid tier Qbs went and I only have Wilson and Romo left in the 7th round. I let the gf "comanage the team". Whats weird is that out of the 3 seasons shes played fantasy in another league where we had separate teams, shes came in 3rd, 8th and 3rd. So its either I have some weird faith in her or shes really lucky.

So she threatened to break up with me if I took Romo, who she had in the season where she came in 8th. She (a biased Giants fan) shares hate with alot of other people in America, Cowboys fans included, towards Romo, thinks hes an idiot and was a disappointment. I tried to reason with her that Romo is a good fantasy QB vs real life QB, who is a great QB skillwise and puts up stats but does bonehead plays and doesn't win. Vs. Somebody like Flacco, who goes undrafted most leagues but manages to win a Superbowl. Of course, since shes a girl and follows her emotions, doesn't listen and is on the Romo Hater's bandwagon. Her thinking Russell Wilson is hot pretty much seals the deal for me :/

p.s. Should I burn my #4 waiver spot to put in a claim for Kenny Stills, who I just heard about from you guys today? Then who should I drop, Cordarrelle?

i can't rock with 8 team leagues. when i see a team on paper, it looks realllly good, but then you realize that every one else's team is probably just as stacked :lol:

I like my team so far except for the QB situation (12 team, PPR league, 8th pick)

QB: Russell Wilson, Vick
RB: Spiller, Steven Jackson, Eddy Lacy, Woodhead, Marcel Reece
WR: Cobb, Larry Fitz, Antonio Brown, Mike Williams, Reuben Randle, Cordarrelle
TE: Sudfeld (and TE Waiver Wire roulette for the rest of the season lol)
D: Ravens
K: Matt Prater

All the mid tier Qbs went and I only have Wilson and Romo left in the 7th round. I let the gf "comanage the team". Whats weird is that out of the 3 seasons shes played fantasy in another league where we had separate teams, shes came in 3rd, 8th and 3rd. So its either I have some weird faith in her or shes really lucky.

So she threatened to break up with me if I took Romo, who she had in the season where she came in 8th. She (a biased Giants fan) shares hate with alot of other people in America, Cowboys fans included, towards Romo, thinks hes an idiot and was a disappointment. I tried to reason with her that Romo is a good fantasy QB vs real life QB, who is a great QB skillwise and puts up stats but does bonehead plays and doesn't win. Vs. Somebody like Flacco, who goes undrafted most leagues but manages to win a Superbowl. Of course, since shes a girl and follows her emotions, doesn't listen and is on the Romo Hater's bandwagon. Her thinking Russell Wilson is hot pretty much seals the deal for me :/

p.s. Should I burn my #4 waiver spot to put in a claim for Kenny Stills, who I just heard about from you guys today? Then who should I drop, Cordarrelle?

I like Russell Wilson. That's who I have starting. Obviously not in the top tier, but I like him in those mid-range qb's. Solid QB, IMO.

Also, I'd definitely drop Cordarelle for Stills.
Two things.
1. it appears Stills is gonna start. And he has pass happy Drew Brees throwing to him
2. Patterson is raw. While he may be the biz in a year or two, I cant see this year being huge for him. That, and he has Ponder throwing to him. I'd much rather have Stills for WR depth. and do. lol

Last edited:
yea. I'm Kevin from the league. :smh:

but I want to say that I'm lucky enough to even be in this situation, to have a girl that talks about fantasy football, let alone football.

Back
Top Bottom