Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread

I just don't relive teams will be falling all over themselves to get a defense three's and athleticism guy. I have a hard time envisioning this, I like Mcelmore, but is Oladipo that pad of a consolation prize, or KCP?

What you've stated is exactly this yr's draft problem. There's no elite talent, and the draft is deep enough you can find similar players in lottery or in the back of 1st round.

You know what, I'll just stand by my first opinion that they draft Noel tank another season, and get another lottery pick next yr when there's much more talent :lol:

McLemore is not going to be a Kyrie type who balls from day one, it'll take time for him to find himself. If I need day one production Oladipo > McLemore but the Cavs should move back and take Porter. Magic take Noel and set themselves up nicely for next years draft.

Props to all those last post!!!

Man looking like a tougher decision than I originally thought

McLemore is not going to be a Kyrie type who balls from day one, it'll take time for him to find himself. If I need day one production Oladipo > McLemore but the Cavs should move back and take Porter. Magic take Noel and set themselves up nicely for next years draft.
I hear you but wouldnt mac be a better fit since hes a spot up shooter and would help spread the floor, oladipo is an attacker like dion

Quick mock:

Cleveland - Noel
Orlando - McLemore
Washington - Porter
Charlotte - Bennett
Phoenix - Oladipo
New Orleans - Len
Sacramento - Burke
Detroit - Carter-Williams
Minnesota - Caldwell-Pope
Portland - Muhammad

Olapido isn't either of those, though.

And they have so much invested in Gordon and Rivers, so I don't see it.

He might be able to give a few minutes against some small forwards because of his length and athleticism, but I don't know how long you can get away with, say, Vasquez, Gordon and him out there together.

I still like Aminu a whole hell of a lot, anyway.

I just really want to see them move Gordon and Vasquez, get Bledsoe (and more, obviously), and just turn into a defense-into-offense break team with Bledsoe/Aminu/Davis, and then Anderson spotting up. Knock it off with the slow basketball when you don't have the personnel for it. And, well, it's painstakingly boring.

Well in that scenario I am hoping for a Gordon trade. He isn't too popular and reminds me too much of b.diddy the way he is strong holding that franchise. I could see burke falling to us as well.

And I know what gordon is capable of but I honestly dont think we will see him at his best in NOLA.

How does Noel weigh less than an average 2 guard though?

Thunder will look to move up, I think we're looking at Len and he's gone by 12. Reggie showed his *** this playoffs and it might be a team out there overrating him. I think we can package him and/or Lamb and/or Jones and move up to 7 and maybe even get a veteran out of it. If Presti could use them to pawn Perk's bad contract on someone, he'd be a genius to me again.

Something like Reggie Jackson, Jeremy Lamb or Perry Jones, Kendrick Perkins, the # 29 for a sign and traded Millsap or Jefferson (whichever 1 they figure they are going to lose anyways) and 21. Perkins can mentor and impart his veteran leadership on your young bigs for 2 yrs, teach them how to play d, they need a point guard so I gave you Reggie Jackson who you can grow with and makes you young, athletic, and exciting as well as Perry Jones.

Then I take the best remaining big at 12 and take CJ McCollum at 29 and whichever big I just got from Utah replaces Perkins in the starting lineup.

Last edited:
Millsap and Jefferson are entering free agency, so no dice.

Not to mention the Jazz would laugh at a Perkins proposal.

Cody Zeller and Trey Burke are the jewels in this draft IMO

...and Tony Mitchell

........... and Tim Hardaway Jr.

:lol:

Thunder will look to move up, I think we're looking at Len and he's gone by 12. Reggie showed his *** this playoffs and it might be a team out there overrating him. I think we can package him and/or Lamb and/or Jones and move up to 7 and maybe even get a veteran out of it. If Presti could use them to pawn Perk's bad contract on someone, he'd be a genius to me again.

Something like Reggie Jackson, Jeremy Lamb or Perry Jones, Kendrick Perkins, the # 29 for a sign and traded Millsap or Jefferson (whichever 1 they figure they are going to lose anyways) and 21. Perkins can mentor and impart his veteran leadership on your young bigs for 2 yrs, teach them how to play d, they need a point guard so I gave you Reggie Jackson who you can grow with and makes you young, athletic, and exciting as well as Perry Jones.

Then I take the best remaining big at 12 and take CJ McCollum at 29 and whichever big I just got from Utah replaces Perkins in the starting lineup.

cmon son.

Long term? Nah waiters look like he got that b diddy/felton syndrome and become a out of shape player once he loses the motivation, especially if he stays in cle

Hes a rookie u clown

Do u browse this forum to enhance your knowledge or just post/feel better about your idiotic opinions?

The 12th, 29th and bobcats picks.. Jackson and perry jones

All trade bait to me.. Maybe even thabo

I just don't want to pass on Noel and he turns out to be awesome.

I don't see him as a can't miss prospect. I have no doubt he'll be a consistent 10 rebounds and 3 blocks for his career but he can't shoot worth a damn, doesn't have a post game and he weighs 208 pounds. His game on offensive just isnt very natural or smooth imo, no go to move. I don't think he'll ever be a franchise player but will be one of the best defenders at the rim and a good rebounder.

Rumors have been floating all over rhode island/southern mass that Danny Ainge promised Ricky Ledo @ 16

Ledo pulled out of the workouts the day after

I for one think itd be bad for him to stay local but....

I'm not a fan of Nerlens at all. I see bust written all over him. I'm always skeptical of top picks who can't do much on the offensive side of the ball. If it was up to me, I would stay as far away as I could from Nerlens.

So happy to see that my brother Allen Crabbe is getting drafted man :pimp: :pimp: always dope to see your friends make it. All biasness aside though, whoever ends up with him is going to get a steal. Ready to play right away. Has a league ready shot and is the best shooter in this draft. Excellent size for either wing position.

It would be really difficult to turn down the next Tyson Chandler given how poor the Cavs defense was this past season (three seasons really).

Back
Top Bottom