Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread

writing this down for my own future reference.

You could sell me on almost any trajectory of Oladipo, Len and Burke's careers.

Semi Agree. The only thing is no one could sell me on these guys becoming all star production type players. I don't see it.

Is there some secret reason that the Celtics would actually want that Wallace-Hump package for Pierce and Garnett? Or is it just because at this point they HAVE to move them, and the Nets and Clips were the only two teams they wanna go to?

And there's no way Curry will go undrafted. Somebody will atleast pick him up in the late 2nd, just off name recognition alone.

Last edited:
Seth Curry will not go undrafted, that would be a tragedy.

Unfortunately he probably will. Recovering from the surgery and didn't get a chance to workout for teams, just interviews.

Well that's going to be a steal for somebody after the draft. Dude averaged 17.5 ppg on a stacked Duke team with a lingering shin issue. C'mon Chicago, take a chance at 49

no way utah gives up kanter unless they get into the top 3, if i was charlotte i would offer the 4 and mullons for kanter and the utah pick

Dan Barreiro ‏@DanBarreiroKFAN 1m
If reports of UNLV combo forward Bennett sliding are true, I do not believe Wolves would let him get past them.

Just because I like to look back and see if I got these right in the future as well [COLOR=#red]Al3xis[/COLOR]...

Like: Noel, McLemore, Oladipo, KCP, Schroeder, Gobert, Len (but not in the Top 5).

Dislike: Porter, Bennett, Zeller, Kelly O, Sergei, Nogeria,

Chad Ford's new mock draft he posted minutes ago...

1. Cavs - Noel.
2. Magic - Oladipo.
3. Wizards - Porter.
4. Bobcats - McLemore.
5. Suns - Len.
6. Pelicans - Carter-Williams.
7. Kings - McCollum.
8. Pistons - Bennett.
9. T'Wolves - KCP.
10. Blazers - Zeller.
11. 76ers - Adams.
12. Thunder - Olynyk.
13. Mavericks - Burke.
14. Jazz - Nogueira
15. Bucks - Sergey
16. Celtics - Larkin.
17. Hawks - Giannis
18. Hawks - Shabazz.
19. Cavs - Bullock.
20. Bulls - Plumlee.
21. Jazz - Canaan.
22. Nets - Schroeder
23. Pacers - Dieng
24. Knicks - Franklin
25. Clippers - Hardaway Jr.
26. T'Wolves - Crabbe
27. Nuggets - Snell.
28. Spurs - Gobert.
29. Thunder - Ledo.
30. Suns - Erick Green.

One last little assessment.

I was undecided on how much I liked Rudy Gobert, but I think I would gladly take him late-lottery now. Really like the defensive instincts and mobility, paired with his length. He seems like he could have the rare knack of being able to step out and legitimately keep players in front of him, all while being an absolute nightmare in the paint. Plenty of guys can do it inside, almost none can do both (Chandler, Noah). I think there's a shot here. He's not the same athlete or as strong (for now) as those two, though.

Speaking of... Does anyone remember Noah posting a 37.5" max vert? ****.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but it probably has, but i see Detroit taking Burke though i'm not high in Burke it just makes sense to me

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
Oklahoma City has to be frightening Atlanta with threat of selecting Greece's Giannis Adetokunbo at No. 12. Hawks have long wanted him.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 4m
And let's get started...Cs-Nets deal: KG, Pierce for Brooklyn players/picks is serious and quite possible. Sides still talking.

John Karalis ‏@RedsArmy_John 3m
This deal would give Celtics additional first round picks in the next 3 drafts. In a CBA that highly values picks, those are great assets

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 2m
There are so many discussions taking place and so many teams that want to move around. We could see a lot of transactions tonight. #NBADraft

Victor Oladipo headed to draft.

View media item 471395

Last edited:
Sean Deveney ‏@SeanDeveney 1m
Bobcats are seriously weighing an offer to move back in the draft from the No. 4 spot. Likely w Wolves, who are targeting Victor Oladipo ...

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 1m
Little chance of Magic parting with no. 2 pick

NBADraft.net ‏@nbadraftnet 2m
We're hearing from league sources that Nerlens Noel's knee was red flagged by Suns. There's speculation that he could slip out of top 10.

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider 2m
Biggest ? marks for me in Mock: Cavs at 1. Bobcats at 4. Pelicans at 6. Thunder at 12. Mavs at 13. Carter-Williams vs. Burke in NO so close

Bob Baptist ‏@BBaptistHoops 27s
Jared Sullinger in New York with Trey Burke for NBA draft tonight. Green Room a year late for Sully. He got a better deal on green, though.
A joke. :lol:

Paul Seaver ‏@PaulSeaverRS 1m
Brooklyn is going to be become a serious threat in the East if this deal goes through, IMO. Pressure on Jason Kidd early.

Looking back...
Players I like: Cole Aldrich, Al-Farouq Aminu, Trevor Booker, Craig Brackins, Da'Sean Butler, Sherron Collins, DeMarcus Cousins, Jordan Crawford, Devin Ebanks, Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward, Lazar Hayward, Damion James, Wesley Johnson, Gani Lawal, Greg Monroe, Patrick Patterson, Jerome Randle, Jarvis Varnardo, John Wall

Players I would want no part of: Luke Babbitt, Avery Bradley, Ed Davis, Tiny Gallon, Paul George, Luke Harangody, Xavier Henry, Daniel Orton, Jon Scheyer, Lance Stephenson, Greivis Vasquez, Willie Warren, Hassan Whiteside
Totally called Booker and Brackins going first round when no one else anywhere had it, at least.

I hated Wes Johnson, but let the hype get to me. Loved Stephenson, but didn't think he would be able to not **** his way out of the league.
Players I would want: Norris Cole, Kenneth Faried, Kyrie Irving, JaJuan Johnson, Enes Kanter (the foreign exception), Brandon Knight, Jon Leuer, E'Twaun Moore, Darius Morris, Markieff Morris, Greg Smith, Trey Thompkins, Nikola Vucevic, Kemba Walker, Derrick Williams

Players I would not want: Marshon Brooks, Jimmer Fredette, Tobias Harris, Tyler Honeycutt, Malcolm Lee, Shelvin Mack, Marcus Morris, Josh Selby, Iman Shumpert, Nolan Smith, Klay Thompson, Jeremy Tyler
Derrick Williams was the same as Wes Johnson. Couldn't stick to my guns.
Guys that I love: Anthony Davis, John Henson, Jeremy Lamb, Draymond Green, Kevin Jones

Guys that I like: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Damian Lillard, Jae Crowder, Robert Sacre

Guys that I like more than most people (in terms of where they are projected): Henson, Lamb, Jones, Jared Sullinger, Kendall Marshall, Khris Middleton

Guys that I don't like as much as most people (in terms of where they are projected): Bradley Beal, Harrison Barnes, Austin Rivers, Dion Waiters, Meyers Leonard

Guys that I like in theory, but don't know enough about: Royce White
Not too bad. A lot of the guys I missed on were Gonzaga/West Virginia guys (homer).
Players I "love": Nerlens Noel (I would take him first), Victor Oladipo (anywhere from two and on), Cody Zeller (anywhere from five and on), Kelly Olynyk (anywhere from six and on), Lucas Nogueira (anywhere from seven and on), Dennis Schroeder (anywhere from eight and on), Tim Hardaway, Jr. (anywhere from the late-teens and on), Tony Mitchell (anywhere from the late-teens and on), Archie Goodwin (anywhere from the mid 20s and on)

I want to say that I love Rudy Gobert anywhere from, like, late-lottery and on, but I'm not sure yet.

Players I "hate": Anthony Bennett (probably outside of the top 10 for me), Ben McLemore (outside the top 10), Michael Carter-Williams (outside of the lottery), Shabazz Muhammad (outside of the top 20)

Last edited:
Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz 1m
A veteran team personnel member said he can't remember an NBA draft that was harder to project.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 39s
Proposed Nets-Celtics trade has been presented to Kevin Garnett to waive his no-trade clause, sources tell ESPN

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m
No deal can be officially struck before July 10, but sources say Celts/Nets working toward agreement in principle on whole trade tonight

Mark Remme ‏@MarkRemme 1m
Flip on Mock Draft parity: "It's one of those things where ppl are throwing things against the wall & seeing what sticks." #WolvesDraft

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson 52s
Update: http://tinyurl.com/ngupxg2 ... Bennett 9 is fascinating (I stupidly gave no thought to). Impossible to pass. ... Same agent as Love.

Bob Baptist ‏@BBaptistHoops 12s
ESPN Chad Ford's latest mock has Burke now sliding to 13 (Dallas). Word on him throughout the day is teams see him as a tradeable asset.

Greg Anthony ‏@GregAnthony50 17s
I gotta say that the young men have brought it style wise for the #NBADraft! Rep N

Ben McLemore rocking the bowtie.

View media item 471425
Bill Simmons talking to Zeller and Oladipo.

View media item 471427

Back
Top Bottom