Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be willing to bet Antidope's Rondo hatred is a result of Tony Parker not getting enough praise.

Otherwise, it's just misguided and silly.
You would be wrong sir. But I'm aware that I'm on the left side of the fence with this one, just know that theres room for everyone come mid January.

And another inept franchise, the Wizards, gave Minny that #5 pick in 2009 for Mike Miller and Randy Foye. That could have been Curry.

Or even after that, in the first round of 2011 they took two D-league level players who will be out of the league within 1-2 yrs (Jan Vesely and Chris Singleton). Washington's #6 and #18 picks could have been Klay Thompson/Kawhi Leonard/Vucevic + Faried/Tobias Harris.

So all things being equal, Washington could be looking at Wall/Beal/Leonard/Faried/Noel, all under 23. Or maybe Wall/Beal/Porter/Faried/Vucevic. Instead they're overpaying for journeyman SFs. Stupid teams gonna stupid.. :smh:

That's hindsight If I ever saw it. The Minnesota trade was awful no doubt. That WOULD not have been Curry. The team was not looking at a point guard at the time. 

As for 2011...its very easy to go back and see who the best players ended up being 2 years later and say the team should have taken them. 

Also, I never liked the idea of rolling out imaginary lineups of missed draft picks because who says the team still would be in the same position in the following draft?

Example...if they Leonard and Faried...who says the team is still bad enough to be able to draft Noel?
Well that's why I said "all things equal".. obviously it's a bit of hindsight/wishful thinking to actually go through and name specific players, etc. That isn't the point though, I used the rosters as an illustration to show how bad moves can affect the potential of a team. Washington could have made better moves and had enough information to do so at the time, so you can't really say this is a case of hindsight.

The Minnesota trade was unanimously bashed as a bad trade when it happened.
The Vesely pick was unanimously bashed when it happened, there was no excuse for that whatsoever. Even if you say we may not have had enough information to know we should draft Leonard, pretty much anyone else taken in the first round would have been a better pick than Vesely there. The guy had no NBA skills whatsoever, not even FT shooting. The Singleton pick was bad too, he displayed no type of offensive skills at the college level. Saying that was a terrible draft isn't hindsight, people were saying that when it happened. At least I was if you check my posts. The Wizards would be in a better position right now if they drafted better, no other way around it.

Are the Nuggets doing anything this offseason besides firing Karl and letting Iggy walk?

So from Harden > Martin > ........... > Dorell Wright?

Wonder if OKC is planning to use Lamb more this season.
As of now, no choice. As much as I denigrate Kevin Martin, he did shoot 42% from 3 (in the regular season), 45 from the field, top 5 in ft on a 13%draw rate and 15ppg. That's a lot to ask from a sophomore who didn't play as a rookie. Wright would be an awesome addition, can play 2-3 and in some small ball lineups, defend, is athletic, and can score with the 2nd unit but from what I hear the Thunder are offering him 1 or 2 yr deals at like 1.5 mil. I would imagine he can get better offers than that and he already has a title and is in his 20s stil so no need to be on ******** to a championship mode.

We're going to just wait til the smoke settles and sign whatever bargain basement dudes don't get signed, probably liek a Randy Foye or somebody for the vet minimum

how about wayne ellington? or even AK47?

And if Jordan signs Big Al. :wow:

a frontcourt collection of Big Al, Zeller, Bismack, Tyrus, Haywood. Lots of wasted money tied up with those players :x

Edit: Mullens, Diop, Mcroberts are all FAs.

Last edited:
:lol: At Kobe basically using reverse psychology to try to get him to stay...or him blatantly pushing him to leave :lol:

Can it really be that hard to run an NBA team?? I mean seriously? I can't believe how inept most of these people are at their jobs

Reunite these men Ainge, I could see Gordon in Boston anyway they love white guys who can shoot.

Aaron Hernandez is Puerto Rican though
:lol: Anyone else notice the reps were disabled for this post (didn't know they could do that )

C'mon Meth/Ska, that's weak... :smh:

Anitdope, you be going overboard with the Rondo slander bruh. :lol:

His offense game is lacking but he's still a great passer, rebounder and defender.
Rondo's defense actually fell off last year.

I really like Rondo, he always balls in playoff/primetime games. But I'm gonna have to side with the "Rondo is overrated" crew. At least on this board he's overrated. If you go on Celtics boards they're usually like 50/50 on him.

He's not just a poor scorer, he is actually a liability to his team in that department. Can someone please tell me how a guy who averages 13ppg is going to carry that team next year?

Inconsistent. Granted he showed up at the end of the season tho. To be honest I just don't like his face some times. Non basketball reasons.

The team that gives Jefferaon 4/60 deserves to suck forever. Is there any reputable source confirming that offer?

Brewer's "impeccable" D killed the Nuggets in the Playoffs.

It was his shooting more than anything. He shot WAY too damn much. You can't ask for that from him.

Wasn't he on Klay most games? He's best on wing players, not speedy little PGs like Steph. I know Klay went off a game or two, but thought overall he underachieved a bit. I could be remembering incorrectly.

Honestly not surprised with Jefferson's offer, after Splitter got all that guap for basically setting screens decently

Jeremy Lamb can play, Scott Brooks is a horrible coach for young players. James blew up when he left the Thunder, and I'm happy he got traded, too much talk of no more elite players in the NBA.

I hope Perry Jones get minutes too.

Lakers don't want Earl Clark back? Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker are going to play for the Lakers.....it's Dwight or Tank for them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom