Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
why would anyone be suprise a 28 year old that gives you 20/10  gets 15 million a year?

when he's making 14 million a year already

why would anyone be suprise a 28 year old that gives you 20/10  gets 15 million a year?
when he's making 14 million a year already

meh everyone complains about contracts these days.

Al Jefferson is very solid player and hes been doing it since day one. too bad no contenders are smart enough to get him. most likely due to money reasons but still. hes def worth as much as he gets IMO

Jeremy Lamb can play, Scott Brooks is a horrible coach for young players. James blew up when he left the Thunder, and I'm happy he got traded, too much talk of no more elite players in the NBA.

I hope Perry Jones get minutes too.

Lakers don't want Earl Clark back? Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker are going to play for the Lakers.....it's Dwight or Tank for them.
Scott Brooks is pretty terrible as a coach. Certainly a good guy, but also not a good coach.

And listening to people on twitter talk about Stevens is hilarious. The guy is as smart as they come. You don't think he will adjust to the NBA game and realize his college techniques won't work? Stop. The guy is in the 99% of smarts for coaches and it's really not even close. I would be shocked if he isn't successful and makes this team over achieve. 

wqsylx.jpg

He also just started following Shawn Marion. Who's a Dallas Maverick.

Quit reading into things. :lol:

Or maybe he's going to the Tigers.

I just said the other day that Jefferson would get at least $15 million per.

"True seven-footer." "True center." "Old school center." "All-Star." Blah, blah, blah.

He is a ball-stopper who couldn't defend Andre Miller on the block, but those other things get you paid.

Last edited:
I just said the other day that Jefferson would get at least $15 million per.

"True seven-footer." "True center." "Old school center." "All-Star." Blah, blah, blah.

He is a ball-stopper who couldn't defend Andre Miller on the block, but those other things get you paid.

He's Chris Kaman who actually shows he wants to rebound sometimes, and he also can score pretty well.

Other than that, he's a black hole.

Rondo's defense actually fell off last year.

I really like Rondo, he always balls in playoff/primetime games. But I'm gonna have to side with the "Rondo is overrated" crew. At least on this board he's overrated. If you go on Celtics boards they're usually like 50/50 on him.

He's not just a poor scorer, he is actually a liability to his team in that department. Can someone please tell me how a guy who averages 13ppg is going to carry that team next year?

By averaging 20+ assist next year.

Nice move by the Celtic's bringing in Stevens. No wonder they moved KG, can't have your starting center being older than your head coach. :pimp:

But I thought Rondo was garbage and the big 3 were totally carrying him? No way his scoring might increase.

But I thought Rondo was garbage and the big 3 were totally carrying him? No way his scoring might increase.

It's not like all great PGs need to score either. The reason why guys like Russ and Rose both need to score more is because they can't create for their teammates at the rate Rondo can. Rondo was killing it this year before he got hurt.

Decent point guards can still fill it up when they have poor players around them. Ramon Sessions and Mo Williams used to drop DIME AFTER DIME in Milwaukee when that team sucked. The old Kidd-Nets sucked before Vince got there too.

He doesn't even need to score Chris Paul numbers. If he can get 15/12 he'll be just fine.

Can someone please tell me how a guy who averages 13ppg is going to carry that team next year?
By taking more than 11 shots a game for the first time in his life.
So a player coming off an ACL injury, who has never been a #1 scorer over an extended period of time, with no help around him, is supposed to start putting up DRose/Westbrook numbers out of nowhere?

Rondo is a poor jumpshooter, even with the low volume of shots he does take. With him taking more shots, and with their being no one around him to open up better looks, his offensive efficiency will be even worse.

That Celtics team is gonna be ugly next year.

It's not like all great PGs need to score either. The reason why guys like Russ and Rose both need to score more is because they can't create for their teammates at the rate Rondo can. Rondo was killing it this year before he got hurt.

Decent point guards can still fill it up when they have poor players around them. Ramon Sessions and Mo Williams used to drop DIME AFTER DIME in Milwaukee when that team sucked. The old Kidd-Nets sucked before Vince got there too.

He doesn't even need to score Chris Paul numbers. If he can get 15/12 he'll be just fine.
If Rondo is only scoring 15ppg where is the rest of the Celtics scoring going to come from? Jeff Green isn't gonna be dropping 20ppg. Celtics will be near the bottom of the league in total offense next year.

And 12 assists, playing with that roster? C'mon now :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom