Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that now fully recovered from surgery, extremely well rested/long offseason, and now excited/motivated with his new team, I think Dwight has a BIG year.

Back to his DPOY days, All Star starter, All-NBA First Team, etc.

20-13-2 with 3 blocks a night typea season. 26+ PER, top 3-4 MVP voting to boot.

He was hobbled most of last year and still put up decent numbers for 98% of the Centers in the L.

I have a feeling that now fully recovered from surgery, extremely well rested/long offseason, and now excited/motivated with his new team, I think Dwight has a BIG year.

20-13-2 with 3 blocks a night typea season. 26+ PER, top 3-4 MVP voting to boot.

He was hobbled most of last year and still put up decent numbers for 98% of the Centers in the L.
can also see this happening 
Kobe gonna try it, then dwights gonna drop 30 and 15 on them. And kobes gonna be like, but Dwert )':

I cant wait till dwight shows la what theyre missing
plenty of fine women in la, and kobe has vanessa to go home to. they wont be missing anything from dwight
Okay so there is an obvious joke here involving the playoffs.
no point in making the playoffs if your team isnt good enough to actually win a title. if you're not first you're last

I agree. A. He was never built to play with someone like Kobe B. He was hurt. C. Him and Harden just seem like two dude like that to fun and smash groupies. Dwight's the type of dude that needs to feel liked and they already going overboard in Houston.

In LA it was championship or bust. In Houston as long as they make a Finals and a few conference Finals people will be happy with that.

There is flat out no pressure.

Kobe gonna try it, then dwights gonna drop 30 and 15 on them. And kobes gonna be like, but Dwert )':

plenty of fine women in la, and kobe has vanessa to go home to. they wont be missing anything from dwight

Except a star player

Okay so there is an obvious joke here involving the playoffs.

:rofl:

CP lemme ask you a question, you still think good GMing beats luck? This time 2 years ago Morey got Gasol in a trade with you guys and were on the verge of signing Nene. And because of " basketball reasons" that deal fell through. And now the Rox have Harden/Howard and a good reason is because of those same basketball reasons.

I still think Daryl Morey is a wiz GM but he caught a break. A big one too.

Coach hubie is a troll but that pic was from 07-08. It has the 60th anniversary patch on the jersey they wore that season.

Good GMin is 50/50

Some luck and some skill.

Luck in the sense that OKC is cheap and decide to trade him to a team in the same conference.

And skill that he was able to clear enough of the roster and have D12 sign a deal.

And as for the fighting Dwight talk in here, if you have to talk about it, odds are you aren't about it.

So dudes acting like Internet tough guys, aren't that at all.
Getting Harden didn't take luck that was taking an advantage of a team who had sort of back themselves in a corner. That didnt take luck.

LA had CP3 & still had the spare parts to get Dwight. Great change had that deal stayed the same Harden or Dwight aren't Rockets. Morey in part got a reset, that's pretty damn lucky.

Morey definetly caught a break. Thanks Stern.
But Morey put himself in a position to land both of those players. The dude and his staff worked their *** off and it paid off. The guy turned K-Mart and pieces into Harden which led to enticing Dwight to sign. And he made it happen without a top-10 pick.

And what's this crap about no pressure? I don't know about other fans but I expect the Rockets to win. It's championship or bust for this squad, maybe not the first year but they have to win eventually.

I think it was smart to not try and get Smith. I think next off-season they will have more of a selection to see what they want to fill in around Harden/Parson/Dwight. Next year for them I think at least you have to expect is Conference Finals. But this is the West.

Foye on the Nuggets is a solid pick up. Fraied and Hickson with all that energy in the front court, wow.

I know Dallas and Cleveland are interested in Mr. Yolo but him and his camp is expecting what 1 year 11mil plus?

This week should be interesting. Need Flip to secure Pek back I don't think that there are many teams who will overbid for him so I'm confident :smokin

:lol: nobody is fighting Dwight in here. You get shook when the dude at the gas station hands your gf back her change.

I could see D12 doing work on these **** talkers

whats up with this fantasy of athletes beating up on fans?

seriously dudes have too much time on their hands

same dudes talking **** online about other niketalkers but when it comes to athletes? no not the precious!

ill check back later on today.... im tried of reading about what if story of fighting nba players

CP lemme ask you a question, you still think good GMing beats luck? This time 2 years ago Morey got Gasol in a trade with you guys and were on the verge of signing Nene. And because of " basketball reasons" that deal fell through. And now the Rox have Harden/Howard and a good reason is because of those same basketball reasons.

I still think Daryl Morey is a wiz GM but he caught a break. A big one too.

Good GMing >>>>>> anything.

The deal you speak of is unprecedented. And really, no one knows if Morey wouldn't have been even better if that line was allowed to continue. Maybe Pau/Nene work out fine, he continues to build assets around them, etc etc. We'll never know.

If you think about it, OKC giving Harden in conference is just as lucky as anything else you could point at. That truly, truly backfired on OKC, and suddenly Presti doesn't look so smart with what he's done to the core of Durant, Green, Russ, Ibaka and Harden, 2 years ago that was ******g insane crop of YOUNG talent that would survive a long long long time if handled correctly. Now he's down to three, and has helped build a chief rival.

But Morey hasn't won anything yet. He's merely added the names together and looks to be in good shape. Mitch looked in great shape 12 months ago too, and then weird stuff happens. If Dwight does not respond as I predict he might, then what? Morey still great? Morey still lucky? Just depends on dozens of other variables and how they break down.

this. lakers fans act like they weren't praying Dwight would re-sign with them. I fully expect Dwight to be healthy and ball out.

Why are we assuming Dwight doesn't work on his offensive post game? I am sick of people throwing that out there as if they know.

So because someone doesn't get SIGNIFICANTLY better in something means they aren't working hard enough? Nonsense.

Dwight HAS improved his post game over the years. Maybe not as fast as YOU would want him to but he has improved.

And Jeff Van Gundy just agreed with my long standing point of it is HIGHLY disrespectful to the coaching staff and trainers that work with players on their post games for them to give credit to Hakeem when they spend 1 week with him. A post game isn't developed in a week.

[QUOTE url="[MEDIA=twitter]354113923919790083[/MEDIA]"]
Yet there are also fresh rumbles that Sacramento is trying to muscle into the Monta-Stakes and challenge Atlanta's presumed edge for Ellis
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 8, 2013
:stoneface:

[/quote]

[QUOTE url="[MEDIA=twitter]354117930876796929[/MEDIA]"]
Alternative scenario starting to circulate has Hawks

[/quote]

What did I say rck? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom