Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
how am i lying. Amare has legit post moves, a ACTUAL mid range jumper and when healthy he dunks just as well as Dwight and he can protect the rim. Ony thing Dwight has on him is rebounds and pick and roll defense.

I'm at least you can keep Amare in the game 4th Q without being a liability.

Well, you're comparing one of the worst defensive PFs in the league to a C who, when healthy singlehandedly makes your entire team elite defensively. So...

Yea, Amar'e has really been an animal the past 2 years

*warned* (trolling)

there is a huge thread in general on the trial. bringing that up in here is obviously trolling, and won't be tolerated.

you won't be warned about trolling next time, because you've been talked to about it plenty.

I wasn't trolling bro. I was listening to the tv. It was in the moment so i typed that along with my reply.

Prime suns amare definitley has an argument against Dwight. For sure. At least he could hit free throws and doesn't have to sit in the 4th qtr

Amare was a phenomenal player

What's up with SVG? Did stern really blackball him or is he just hanging out?

Last edited:
how am i lying. Amare has legit post moves, a ACTUAL mid range jumper and when healthy he dunks just as well as Dwight and he can protect the rim. Ony thing Dwight has on him is rebounds and pick and roll defense.

I'm at least you can keep Amare in the game 4th Q without being a liability.
OFFENSE.

Thinking about it, if Dirk is back healthy and playing like he was 2 years ago....Calderon-Monta-Marion-Dirk-Wright is pretty nice. They need a few more pieces off the bench and another center (maybe Dalembert) but they could really compete with anybody. I just don't trust any team with Brandan Wright as their primary starting center.
A healthy Brandon Wright is better than Dwight.

Thinking about it, if Dirk is back healthy and playing like he was 2 years ago....Calderon-Monta-Marion-Dirk-Wright is pretty nice. They need a few more pieces off the bench and another center (maybe Dalembert) but they could really compete with anybody. I just don't trust any team with Brandan Wright as their primary starting center.
It's a better starting group than some of the ones he had throughout his prime, but they have no depth and Dirk isn't in his prime anymore.

Aside from Marion, who on that squad plays D?

I know my man Kobe got injured last year but jesus dudes are acting like he tore both acl's and disloacted both knees
mean.gif

People are in such a rush to bathe in the decline theyre using this injury as a reason to say he'll be a certified bum or avg 12.5 pts the duration of his career.

This aint Amare Stoudamire were talking about, hasnt Kobe earned the benefit of doubt ?
Who is saying this though?
You serious ?

Im not searching and quoting everybody but Ive seen plenty of dudes in here talking as if hes done, doubting if he can avg 22 pts, saying we wont make the playoffs etc or that hes certainly getting injured again because he got injured last year.

Also this tanking thing, fans and pundits alike want us to tank a season for a college rental, that stems from people thinking Kobe is done and we'll be so bad that we shouldnt even try.
I don't think anyone said he's gonna average 12.5 or anywhere close to it. And thinking the Lakers will miss the playoffs this year isn't far-fetched at all.

Last edited:
I know my man Kobe got injured last year but jesus dudes are acting like he tore both acl's and disloacted both knees :smh:

People are in such a rush to bathe in the decline theyre using this injury as a reason to say he'll be a certified bum or avg 12.5 pts the duration of his career.

This aint Amare Stoudamire were talking about, hasnt Kobe earned the benefit of doubt ?

Who is saying this though?

You serious ?

Im not searching and quoting everybody but Ive seen plenty of dudes in here talking as if hes done, doubting if he can avg 22 pts, saying we wont make the playoffs etc or that hes certainly getting injured again because he got injured last year.

Also this tanking thing, fans and pundits alike want us to tank a season for a college rental, that stems from people thinking Kobe is done and we'll be so bad that we shouldnt even try.

I don't think anyone said he's gonna average 12.5 or anywhere close to it. And thinking the Lakers aren't gonna make the playoffs this year isn't far-fetched at all.

im pretty sure nobody said he was gonna tail off and drop down to 12.5 ppg. dudes were just arguing if he can still play at an elite level. we all know he is gonna score regardless since he will always get his fair share of attempts. people were just questioning his efficiency and saying it would be extrememly difficult for lakers to make the playoffs, especially, if kobe misses extended time or has any setbacks.

You people hyping up Amare prime or not are delusional.

Amare's offense >>>> Dwight

Dwight's defense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Amare

Dwight over Amare by a WIDE margin.

I never knew that Amare single handedly led a team to the NBA Finals

In the east. So Dwight = lebron I guess?

Dwight didn't single handily do it either. SVG masked his deficiencies and the teams smoking red hot from the 3.

Last edited:
I would say he led them. He finished like 4th or 5th in MVP voting that year. Teams were always collapsing on Dwight or else he'd get a dunk, and that left Nelson, Shard and Turk with nice looks/lanes to the bucket

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom