Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horford has wanted to move back to the 4 for years now....so the Hawks sign every undersized power forward they can find. Makes sense.

First off, it was the Bulls media/organization that played with everybody emotions, not rose. Guys get "medically cleared" all the time, he still felt he wasn't a 100% so why even step out there? The Bulls weren't contending this season anyway. Yea Noah and Robinson played hurt, they also aren't franchise players that just tore they're ACL. He had nothing to gain by playing when he's not 100% just to appease a lot of yall dumbass fans who don't think he's mentally tough.

I swear if OKC wasn't god level in the draft consistently between Brooks coaching and Presti's signings they would be in bad shape.

You may want to update your definitions of God level.

Bulls fans sensitive as hell about d rose 
mean.gif
 He brought it on himself so let im do his part and shut people up

Durant, Russ, Harden, Ibaka.

Just stop right there. You don't get credit for guys you draft and give away unless you want to list the Suns as the greatest team of Draft experts ever.

And you listed Adams who was laughed at by his own new teammates. :smile:lol ) and Roberson who has done what, exactly?

Update your definitions bud. Those draft picks from a few years back have dried up. And they barely get credit for Harden, given they gave him away within 3 years for no reason.

* D'alessandro

Iggy sounding like he actually wanted to sign that contract :lol:

Kings pulled the offer because we weren't tryna be used as leveraged

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, it was the Bulls media/organization that played with everybody emotions, not rose. Guys get "medically cleared" all the time, he still felt he wasn't a 100% so why even step out there? The Bulls weren't contending this season anyway. Yea Noah and Robinson played hurt, they also aren't franchise players that just tore they're ACL. He had nothing to gain by playing when he's not 100% just to appease a lot of yall dumbass fans who don't think he's mentally tough.

What do you mean he had nothing to gain? They had a chance to win a title and yea the Bulls organization was wrong but Rose played a part in it too.Just because DRose is the franchise player doesn't mean that he needs to sit back and watch his team struggle when he's medically cleared to play. I'm under the impression DRose and his family make a decision to sit out the whole season from jump. All he had to do was say he wasn't gonna play this season, that would've solved everything.

Was it you Allen that said over and over, why don't the Thunder call up the Magic and offer Harden and Ibaka for Dwight, and get that dude in town with Durant/Russ right here and now?

And the Magic would have taken that deal too.

Instead Presti sends Harden in conference, and now Dwight joins him and OKC got to deal with that. :smh:

Dwight/Collison (or a stretch 4 replacement)/Durant/Thabo/Russ would have been BULL ****!!!!! :lol: Just tons of stupid. All in their primes too.

But outside of here, I never saw a single mention of Harden/Ibaka to the Magic for D12.

Yes, although, with that I theorized that there was no way Dwight would ever, ever leave Russ/KD high and dry - but uh, he just left the Lakers so...I don't know:lol:..maybe OKC would have got caught with their pants down. (although possible they get a ring out of it anyway).

Was it you Allen that said over and over, why don't the Thunder call up the Magic and offer Harden and Ibaka for Dwight, and get that dude in town with Durant/Russ right here and now?

And the Magic would have taken that deal too.

Instead Presti sends Harden in conference, and now Dwight joins him and OKC got to deal with that. :smh:

Dwight/Collison (or a stretch 4 replacement)/Durant/Thabo/Russ would have been BULL ****!!!!! :lol: Just tons of stupid. All in their primes too.

But outside of here, I never saw a single mention of Harden/Ibaka to the Magic for D12.

Yes, although, with that I theorized that there was no way Dwight would ever, ever leave Russ/KD high and dry - but uh, he just left the Lakers so...I don't know:lol:..maybe OKC would have got caught with their pants down. (although possible they get a ring out of it anyway).

He would have had a chance to win, and not the expectations of LA on him tho. And he would have easily been happy with two young guns to help carry the burden for the next X amount of years. Might cost him a little less money, but he would have had a chance to make a run at Shaq's 4 rings at least. (in theory) And defensively, that team would have been unreal with their speed/length. He would have had it made out there.

seeing all of this scrutiny, and backlash towards d12, is unfair, slightly bias, and it completely absolves, the lakers ownership, dantoni and kobe in the role they played in d12 not having a better year. True injuries played a part. But I think it was naïve, and rather foolish mindset to think you was getting 09 d12, when the team, and the players and how it was constructed was damn near polar opposites.

When you look at it d12 is a ball dominant center. He has played his entire career, in which the offense was ran thru him and the tempo, style of play etc... catered to his strengths.

They basically tried to one run a modified run and gun offense, and in a sense put d12 as a pick n roll, slash type player ala what dantoni did with amare. Second the never really set up any plays to get him involved. It was basically kobe playing iso, nash playing pick n roll/pick n pop with gasol...them penetrating and setting up perimeter players for easy jumpers.. And d12 was basically "just there" He more or less in most part played a overpaid/glorified role similar to what Tyson chandler plays for the knicks.

In most part his role on the team was your not really a option, your more of a clean up guy/bail out player, you gets his touches on some get it how you live. Matter of fact that's been the lakers outlook on big men since shaq left.

Once kobe took the reigns, they haven't made the in and out game a focal point. In all honesty they completely went away from it.  They became a iso/perimeter team. That's not to d12 strength. Nor it didn't make since, to expect a player who played in an exact opposite style offense, with a ball dominating player in kobe (a type of player he has never played with) plus being injured, to give you the same production of eastern conference champ d12.

True but most of these fools aren't trying to hear that. Hating & clowning on dwight is what's popular right now, it is what it is.

the list is out & just hope you aint on it

are you for serious dog? :rofl:

damn cold city i had no idea you crossed that homer line :lol:

sounding like saul from pineapple express

the list is out man. monkey is out of the bottle man. i hope you arent on it

Last edited:
Durant, Russ, Harden, Ibaka.

Just stop right there. You don't get credit for guys you draft and give away unless you want to list the Suns as the greatest team of Draft experts ever.

And you listed Adams who was laughed at by his own new teammates. :smile:lol ) and Roberson who has done what, exactly?

Update your definitions bud. Those draft picks from a few years back have dried up. And they barely get credit for Harden, given they gave him away within 3 years for no reason.
They haven't played yet so none of them have done anything, other than summer league which Adams played even against Drummond. Roberson averaged 11 rebounds from the 3/4 spot at Colorado and figures to be Thabo replacement although more athletic and unable to shoot the 3 yet. Jerrett is going to be a Novak type. I was initially unhappy with the latter 2, but they killed in summer league and since they will be spending all season in Tulsa, I'm not mad. Only other people I would have accepted/preferred at the 29/32 was Tony Mitchell, Livio Jean Charles, Mike Muscula, James Ennis.

You still can't name anyone whohas drafted better than OKC in the last decade. Aldrich was a bust, but we actually drafted Eric Bledsoe and Quincy Pondexter that yr and traded them because they wanted Cole (allegedly Bennett, the owner forced this move) and would rather have a veteran than more young players so they signed Ivey. Oops there no doubt.

But the drafting and/or player development is top notch. Need to work on keeping them though.

Besides the USAToday interview, what did HE do again to bring it upon himself?
Windmill and 360 dunks in pregame then go put a suit on and sitback down before game time while all his teammates are limping, bleeding, throwing up in trash cans, and taking pain killer shots to play and he is by even his own account 100% healthy physically, just not "mentally."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom