Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Durant, Russ, Harden, Ibaka.

Just stop right there. You don't get credit for guys you draft and give away unless you want to list the Suns as the greatest team of Draft experts ever.

And you listed Adams who was laughed at by his own new teammates. :smile:lol ) and Roberson who has done what, exactly?

Update your definitions bud. Those draft picks from a few years back have dried up. And they barely get credit for Harden, given they gave him away within 3 years for no reason.

I listed the rookies cause I like the picks but like I said name a team who drafted better in the same time span?

You can't, so update your argument and take the L "bud"

Last edited:
Besides the USAToday interview, what did HE do again to bring it upon himself?

Windmill and 360 dunks in pregame then go put a suit on and sitback down before game time while all his teammates are limping, bleeding, throwing up in trash cans, and taking shots to play and he is by even his own account 100% healthy physically, just not "mentally."

Yeah see that's the thing... I went to quite a few Bulls games this season at various time and I didn't see him doing any windmill or 360's. He was jumping off his left leg doing 1 hand dunk & jumping off two bringing the ball behind his head. He was working on dunking in stride... The problem is people were listening to all those fabricated reports claiming their gospel.

This is a part of his work out prior to the games. Not to mention that's from the game March 13, 2013. Do those look like windmills or 360's to you?

Besides the USAToday interview, what did HE do again to bring it upon himself?

Windmill and 360 dunks in pregame then go put a suit on and sitback down before game time while all his teammates are limping, bleeding, throwing up in trash cans, and taking shots to play and he is by even his own account 100% healthy physically, just not "mentally."

Yeah see that's the thing... I went to quite a few Bulls games this season at various time and I didn't see him doing any windmill or 360's. He was jumping off his left leg doing 1 hand dunk & jumping off two bringing the ball behind his head. He was working on dunking in stride... The problem is people were listening to all those fabricated reports claiming their gospel.

This is a part of his work out prior to the games. Not to mention that's from the game March 13, 2013. Do those look like windmills or 360's to you?

I can find him doing a double pump with 2 hands off 1 foot and him doing the signature 2 foot 2 hand cock back dunk. I have also seen him dunk off the right leg too. I can see how it rubs people the wrong way.

That's with all sports though, maybe except baseball.

But winning is a big part in determining how great or successful your career is...
as of lately....it wasn't always this way...I cant recall ppl saying kareem was garbage and ppl saying he was all hype. No one said this about mj...matter fact pl was saying he was the best in the league and arguably best ever before even winning a conference title. Was ppl saying this about Shaq before the lakers? I mean I could go on and on, peyton manning.

Its just now with social media, everyone wanting efame, and some sort of shock value...ppl just say any and everything to get noticed.

Name a player pre twitter/facebook etc... that 5 or 6 or so years of being great...all-star/hall of fame status, that ppl completely dismissed their talents/accomplishments and went even further and said they were garbage and their career was looked at as a failure.

Ppl already getting on Durant...and dismissing him, same with Rose so on and so forth. Yet like I stated, its players who played 2 and 3 times as long as they did before they got to a chip, ppl weren't putting them at scrub status. Again I don't recall folks saying oh well dr j. sucks now cause its been 5/6 years and he hasn't won chips yet.

This is a now/new generational thing.

Ron just gave a great interview during the Knicks' summer league game.

I like that guy. He scares me, but I like him. I hope he writes an autobiography someday.

Last edited:
honestly I lost some respect for rose when he didn't come back, especially after that "muscle memory" comment. but after finding out the bulls' trainer was green lighting everybody to play only for them to get re-injured and also remembering all the injuries he had leading up to the acl it was understandable why he wanted to be full strength. when you have that much talent you don't want to come back just to be andre miller.

with that said he probably still should have played but I feel like he will redeem himself this season

True but most of these fools aren't trying to hear that. Hating & clowning on dwight is what's popular right now, it is what it is.
If you look at bball and just the history in general...when has there ever been a ball dominating perimeter player and a ball dominating center to workout win. Granted it worked with kobe and shaq...but kobe was know where near the ball dominating focal point of the offense he was once shaq left the lakers.

I mean think about it...Jordan a ball dominating perimeter player never had a big man who needed the ball and control of the offense like a shaq/d12 does... Does Miami have that? Um no. Did dallas have that? Um no. The Celtics when they won....The lakers when they won? All NOOOOO!!!!!.

I said this before the season in the lakers thread when they had the poll on how many games the lakers would win, would they win the chip...when folks was saying they could be the next kobe/shaq. Kobe didn't control the offense or dominate ball control with shaq there, like he does now. And when he started to do so.....with shaq there you saw they lost.

If they are to win be successful with kobe still, they need good perimeter players... A big man like a noah/chandler type player and a fairly decent/steady pg.

Its not even a knock to kobe as a player, cause the same applies to a LeBron/Rose/KD etc... that if they had a big man like a d12 they would either have to dial their games back, or d12 would and just become a typical scrappy/workhorse type of center, like a noah/asik/ben wallace in his day,

Chris Forsberg ‏@ESPNForsberg
Now we know why Kris Joseph wasn't at the press conference: Waived already as C's start clearing roster space.

Definitely scares me.:lol:

i dont understand how anyone can hate ron period. hes been that dude since entering the league. yea he does quirky weird **** but you gotta like that about him. he does what he wants.

he dont seem scary at all to me. them *** holes in detroit deserved what they got

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom