Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
um how so akeem averaged 16 points...and ewing 20...Dwight was averaging 24 points so..................... Due to weaker competition one could argue Dwight dominated/dominates even moreso then they did. No one was hailing them the best early in their careers... and clearly their was competition just as good if not better then them in their earlier years.

Dwight biggest competition was a injury prone Bynum... If Dwight wasn't top tier best...who in the hell was? Hell most of Dwight career you couldn't even name 5 good centers. Same cant be said for ewing and company...So Dwight dominated more then them, if nothing else but by default.

Yes they started earlier...and developed at a much faster rate...never said they didn't. But you implied as if these dudes were hall of famers out the gates and they basically begin and ended their careers with little on no growth or change. And as far as shaq....yea he had great footwork for his size...but he pretty much played bully ball...and dominated with his sheer force and size. This was proven when he got worked by the dream...and then he started on the road to try to add a offensive repertoire to his game.

And shawn kemp lol...even kemp improved somewhat...only similarities they have is child support issues. Yall out here making d12 out to be Theo Ratliff or something. 

the **** are you talking about?

You're saying Dwight dominated more by putting up worse numbers against worse players? oh ok

Hakeem avgd 16? yea at 35

Shaqs rookie year would be Dwights best

you're not making any sense he's no where near their level

Shaq was a hall of famer before he left orlando buddy

CP3 goes get a lot of passes. And I know he's great.

And I know Griffin and Jordan need to develop more of an offensive game to give that team a realistic chance.

BUT... There's only so many times you can say "he can't do it all by himself"...

I mean. When the Clips won 17 in a row everyone was sayin **** like "damn, deepest team in the league!"...or "man how can you compete with the Clippers talent and depth!?" Or ":wow: Jordan and Griffin are beasts!!! Lob city!! Show time!!!"

But when they get bounced in the playoffs it's... "Man Clippers don't have much of a squad, CP3 needs more help... Griffin and Jordan are useless"...

I mean.
I'm not saying that he has enough help or that he doesn't, I saw both sides of the story at one point or another...

But which one is it? Because people pick and choose when to use excuses.

Del Negro was another scape goat for Clippers losing with such a "talented team"...

Well he's gone now, and you apparently have one of the best coaches in the league.

So if they get bounced early again next year are you going to put all the blame on Doc?

Idk.

I know people are gonna bring up his efficiency and his numbers which I don't overlook, he's a great PG...never questioned that.

But how many excuses and scape goats can be had until some blame is placed on the actual players?

Dudes like LeBron, Kobe, Melo, Dwight are crucified when they don't win. So much blame and criticism no matter how great their numbers are. CP3 never wins and he's rarely criticized... That's all I'm saying. But he is a great player, so don't take my words out of context.

Last edited:
I don't get this thing with Melo... the haters all claim that he isn't a franchise player yet they throw his name in as if he's supposed to bring a MEDIOCRE roster to championships.

All this ******** pressure for players winning a championship is ridiculous. D.rose is 24 and people are saying he sucks because he ISN'T GREAT BECAUSE HE DOESN'T HAVE A RING? DURANT ISNT GREAT? etc etc..

the only reason Lebron went through that scrutiny ewas because you had cats claiming he's the best in the L from like his 3rd season on and he had shown that he shrinks when the pressure was on.

Melo, Dwight, CP3 etc aren't on that level
The part you said about LeBron can be said about rose...only difference...he was award the best player in the league with an mvp.... while accomplishing less, with a better team. Yea ppl was saying it about LeBron, but Rose was actually awarded it.

Ive always said you cant define an individual player based on awards/accolades that involve other players...team awards. As if one player skill set/talents...translates into good management, good/great coaches...and having the luxury of good/great players surrounding said player.

Its almost to say as a player improves his shooting/passing/defense etc....it some how magically transforms into ownership becoming better, and coaches becoming better...

Aint nothing Malone, Ewing, Barkley, Miller etc... could have done or added to their games that would have translated to their teams being better, coaches being better, and ownership being better to which would made them overcome the Chicago bulls.

In essence, what is does is blames an individual player...for everything/all things that they have absolutely no control over. And it takes the responsibility off of all the other players, the coaching staff, and the ownership...All who is needed to win a TEAM championship.  

You can't blame CP3. I could see if he's not bringing it every night and turning the ball over too much in the playoffs. But when he's passing it to people and they're not knocking down shots that they didn't during the reg season, you really can't fault CP3.

I don't get this thing with Melo... the haters all claim that he isn't a franchise player yet they throw his name in as if he's supposed to bring a MEDIOCRE roster to championships.

All this ******** pressure for players winning a championship is ridiculous. D.rose is 24 and people are saying he sucks because he ISN'T GREAT BECAUSE HE DOESN'T HAVE A RING? DURANT ISNT GREAT? etc etc..

the only reason Lebron went through that scrutiny ewas because you had cats claiming he's the best in the L from like his 3rd season on and he had shown that he shrinks when the pressure was on.

Melo, Dwight, CP3 etc aren't on that level
that mediocre roster took Miami to 6 without him, and had 2 all stars.

Or are we starting the "D Rose has no help" train early?

If a team can only use the amnesty on a player who signed a contract with them...how was Orlando able to use it on Gilbert Arenas?
If a player was on a team before the lockout took place like Arenas was on the Magic, then the player was/is eligible to be amnestied.

I said CP3 gets too many passes last season and people called me crazy and a hater. The answer is him though, hes finally got it all, a deep team, a competent coach hes going to be 100%, if he doesnt do anything noteworthy this time around its time to start seriously questioning him. Brons good IMO he doesnt need to win this upcoming year.

If a team can only use the amnesty on a player who signed a contract with them...how was Orlando able to use it on Gilbert Arenas?
If a player was on a team before the lockout took place like Arenas was on the Magic, then the player was/is eligible to be amnestied.

there you go, thats how it works. now if you get traded to a team, you CANT get amnesited unless you were on the original team during the lockout.

Paul George on espn radio kinda sounding like he would like to LA
Yup I'm listening too

He's def leaving Indiana
frown.gif

the **** are you talking about?

You're saying Dwight dominated more by putting up worse numbers against worse players? oh ok

Hakeem avgd 16? yea at 35

Shaqs rookie year would be Dwights best

you're not making any sense he's no where near their level

Shaq was a hall of famer before he left orlando buddy
yes his individual skill level as far as who/was more skilled has nothing to do with who dominated more.....

Never said d12 was more skilled or was a better overall player then any of them...But his dominance in terms of his peers...and the distance in comparison to his competition is greater then the other players....

Name 5 players who was even remotely in the conversation of being as dominant as Dwight the last few years?

its like if I went and played iuno at a rec center vs some 11 yr olds and dominated.... just off my sheer size and level of competition I would look beastly...Now if I left there and played pick up with some college players...has my skill level etc...changed NO...But clearly I wouldn't be as dominant or not dominate at all due to the increase level of competition.

So whether it was due to lack of any quality centers etc.... d12 clearly was/is head and shoulders above the current crop of centers...and it isn't even close. The same couldn't be said for the others earlier on in their careers due to the higher level of competition.

I said CP3 gets too many passes last season and people called me crazy and a hater. The answer is him though, hes finally got it all, a deep team, a competent coach hes going to be 100%, if he doesnt do anything noteworthy this time around its time to start seriously questioning him. Brons good IMO he doesnt need to win this upcoming year.

How far do think the Clippers need to go for CP to avoid getting criticized? Would the conference finals be good enough? Or do they have to win it all? Just curious.

Personally, I don't really buy in to this whole "he gets a pass" concept. If a player's team, whether CP or anyone else, loses to a better team, as long as he produces, I don't see why he should get extra blame or criticism. CP's numbers generally go up in the playoffs. He performed well against Memphis last season, but Blake got injured and nobody else, aside from maybe Barnes, really showed up. CP did all he could. How did he get a pass on that one?

Re D. Rose doubting:

The problem for me isn't that he hasn't beat LeBron. It's that he's an undersized score-first guard, which isn't usually a recipe for success. Plus he's the only scoring option on his team- he's going to be pressing against elite defensive squads, and he's going to get hurt a lot more.

so he's played against worse players and still hasnt preformed as well

but should be compared to the greats who played better against better players?

that makes sense to you my man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom