Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
excuse the reference....but wasnt he drafted by the Hornets, and forced a draft day trade to the Lakers?

smh. if I had a dollar for everytime I heard this...

i will never understand what could compel someone to make something like this up.

He pretty much said that he only wanted to play for la. It wasn't a draft day trade, it was about two weeks later. I just learned of this recently. More info is on kobes wiki... For what it's worth.

If Andrew Wiggins pulls a Kobe, and refuses to play for any team but the Raptors...does that completely ruin all these team's tanking strategies? 

Huh?

excuse the reference....but wasnt he drafted by the Hornets, and forced a draft day trade to the Lakers?
The Nets were going to take him, but after his workout with the Lakers he said he didn't want to get drafted by them. So the Nets drafted Kerry Kittles and the Lakers-Hornets had a pre-arranged deal that if Kobe fell to #13 he would get traded to the Lakers for Vlade Divac.

I wish we werent so deeply involved in these peoples personal lives. I get that it comes with the territory but still, no one needs to know about this, and its sure as hell no ones place to judge Kobe. We dont know the full story, we probably dont even know half.

Its almost August the finals have been over, BRING BACK DO BE DOO

Last edited:
JapanAir......Monta = OJ Mayo? What the hell? Monta can legit put a team on his back at times, is a billion times more explosive and even is a better passer then Mayo. Something just mentally isn't there for Mayo. And as far as Dalembert = Kaman goes...Dalembert is a great fit next to Dirk. He's gonna do exactly what Chandler did for them. Just block shots, get rebounds and catch the occasional lob pass. If Dirk is back to his self from two years ago that Mavs team has a chance.

First Ashanti now Nelly? Is there some "return of people who have been irellvant in hip hop" movement going on at ESPN. I cant wait to see Ja Rule on First Take week.

Lol at me being obsessed by asking for one of the 3 other active Spurs fans on the board to be unbanned five times in the span of 4 months. L-O-L

Nelly has a top 100 radio song out at the moment and a Nicki Minaj/Pharrell record out. He's pretty much back in the spotlight somewhat.

He's not just a SPurs fan though. He's a certified troll and he can' troll when Spurs just lost the finals.

Nelly is on one of the top songs in the country with the remix to that Cruise song. And he can probably still put out some hits himself right now, he just hasn't really put out much music in a while. Ashanti on the other hand....i don't know who the hell got her on that show and the MLB All Star game. She's been trying to put out music for years and has flopped every time. I thought she was blacklisted from the industry. Plus she's corny as **** and doesn't look that good anymore.

JapanAir......Monta = OJ Mayo? What the hell? Monta can legit put a team on his back at times, is a billion times more explosive and even is a better passer then Mayo. Something just mentally isn't there for Mayo. And as far as Dalembert = Kaman goes...Dalembert is a great fit next to Dirk. He's gonna do exactly what Chandler did for them. Just block shots, get rebounds and catch the occasional lob pass. If Dirk is back to his self from two years ago that Mavs team has a chance.
idk what JA's talking about. mavs upgraded with those moves. jose's better than collison, monta defecates on oj and dalembert is a very solid defender, rebounder and shot blocker. i like this off season a lot for the mavs for what they've done after missing out on the big names.

If Andrew Wiggins pulls a Kobe, and refuses to play for any team but the Raptors...does that completely ruin all these team's tanking strategies? 

Huh?
The Nets were going to take him, but after his workout with the Lakers he said he didn't want to get drafted by them. So the Nets drafted Kerry Kittles and the Lakers-Hornets had a pre-arranged deal that if Kobe fell to #13 he would get traded to the Lakers for Vlade Divac.
so same concept, wrong team?

The Mavs have locked themselves into a perennial 6-10 seed for the next few years with their moves this summer.

Edit:

Huh?

so same concept, wrong team?
More or less.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom