Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ignored it :lol:

And Vince Carter's wasted potential or other "faults" doesn't change the facts... players with his numbers get into the Hall of Fame. He'll get in and it'll be justified.

D Rose is the best mascot in the league.
he doesnt dance though
View media item 557913

:pimp:

derrick-rose-dance-oiad-o.gif

If Beasley gets bought out i hope he goes to a team with a mentor for him or hell go join OKC and see if being with KD can help him focus. He's immature but if he could jus get steady (ala JR Smith) he can still be a good third option on a winning team.

:lol: :lol: He never won diddily with either team, and they both played in the lousy east, but to be a top ranking player for two franchises is impressive, however lousy and sad those teams were. He's basically a rich man's Stephon Marbury in the sense that he got his but never made his teams elite as he should have.

Well he wasn't a straight up cancer/man-child imbecile like Marbury was, but his career is really underwhelming.

that year when jkidd had surgery and rj went down, vc stepped it up when he got there. he put the team on his back and they made the playoffs :smokin during his tenure, the nets were a solid team
if you were a solid player and made an any impact, you will be in the basketball HOF

The Thunder just signed Diante Garrett from Iowa State. It brings the roster to 17 so probably just a training camp body

Am I the only one who doesn't care about the HOF?

If you're basketball fan you're going to know the history and great players regardless if they get in or not. **** it aint even up to us so why argue it?

Am I the only one who doesn't care about the HOF?

If you're basketball fan you're going to know the history and great players regardless if they get in or not. **** it aint even up to us so why argue it?
do you care about individual awards? mvps? dpoy? all nba?

Plus his prime was from 2004-2007.  Nowhere near top 10

In that span

Kobe
Duncan
Bron
Wade
Nash
Dirk
Desmond Mason
Kidd
KG
CP3
Shaq
Agent 0
Pierce
Ray Ray

And I'm sure theres a few other names I could think of

Desmond Mason? Better than Cater? Whaaaatttt, and I thought Carter's Prime was 2000, 2001. But other than the Desmond Mason mention and the non mention of A.I. (I'm sure he was one of the names you could think of) no problems with your list. Never even thought about VC in comparison to those guys during his best years. Good ****.

I guess people forget the vc n AI duals in the 2000 playoffs. Dude wasnt all just dunks and was clutch as hell. He just always got put in bad situations n took alot of games off.

Granted Vince never reached his max potential but some of the revisionist history in here is astounding. Vince was one of the best players in the league up until he started getting injured, the Half Man Half A Season years. Then he put in work in New Jersey, consistent playoff team. Vince's problem was he didn't seem to have that Alpha male personality. He was fine with coasting, say that about him but don't discredit the work he was putting in during the new millennium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom