Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, you don't get it. Miami just was just gifted another piece to make them even more loaded. It won't even be exciting when they win again because they've signed Oden and Beasley. That's the former number 1 and 2 draft picks.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LOVE OF COMPETITION. PLAYERS USED TO WANT TO KILL EACH OTHER OUT THERE... NOW THEY'RE ALL FRIENDS

*goes to watch 90s clips on Youtube*

I hear you, but that reasoning doesn't really apply here. Beasley isn't good enough to be thinking, "I want to carve my own niche and beat the best team." Realistically, the ONLY way he can resurrect his career is to be a contributor on a winning team. Plus, the only teams that could afford to take a chance on him a vet-heavy teams that are already contenders, like Miami, the Pacers, the Spurs and even the Clippers. Of those teams, the HEAT needed him the most.

I was being sarcastic with all of that, but you are right. You wont' find a better situation than an established team that would give him garbage time to find a role.

I'm sure he could get on the floor more than Big V or James Jones last season, so it's not a bad deal on a nonguaranteed.

Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

The Heat signed Michael Beasley and Greg Oden and they're smart for bringing in low risk, high reward players.

If th Knicks sign Oden and Beasley they're idiots for bringing in a pothead and an injury prone center.

And that's the difference between a contender and a pretender....when you are winning you always get the benefit of the doubt.

Mad stoked for the season! 2k14 thooough, I cannot wait to play with any damn team hah

Sorry just had to express my feelings 
roll.gif

^ you should be happy abt this, eh? Your mans has a chance to turn things around

Provided him & 'Rio don't reenact their rookie symposium shenanigans :lol:

Beas going to look way better than he has before in Miami system playing with those guys every day. All they need from him is to score off the bench and rebound, just like they only need Oden to defend and rebound. Let Beas get high and win a ring or two

I remember when penny was saying that he felt he would be a good fit for the heat. At this point they might as well pick him up, not like it would hurt anything. Might as well sign me while they're ar it.

when do the 24 hour fitness foams come out?
Wow......

Don't hate on Penny, dude could still run circles around probably everyone on this forum.
No way.  I am in much better shape at this point, and probably over the last few years than Penny.

Also, most college athletes (I'm assuming there are a few baseball/hockey/soccer/basketball/football D3 at minumum guys on here) are going to be much more athletic than a dude who couldnt stay on the court in his prime.  40 year old Penny could probably post most dudes up, but thats all I see him doing to anyone with any sort of athletic pedigree at this point

No way.  I am in much better shape at this point, and probably over the last few years than Penny.

Also, most college athletes (I'm assuming there are a few baseball/hockey/soccer/basketball/football D3 at minumum guys on here) are going to be much more athletic than a dude who couldnt stay on the court in his prime.  40 year old Penny could probably post most dudes up, but thats all I see him doing to anyone with any sort of athletic pedigree at this point
As MJ showed at age 40, athleticism does not mean your better at basketball. Penny is still 6'7 and would yam on you

Penny is washing any D3 athlete you throw at him. He's still in shape. He looked about 230 last summer when I say him.

These NBA greats fall off in terms of NBA standards, but are still way better than the general public
230 is "in shape"?

The 6'7 would be the biggest challenge, which is why he could post up almost anybody.

and comparing 42, oft injured, worn and torn Penny to the GOAT MJ isn't really fair to either guy.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom