Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

230 is "in shape"?

The 6'7 would be the biggest challenge, which is why he could post up almost anybody.

and comparing 42, oft injured, worn and torn Penny to the GOAT MJ isn't really fair to either guy.  
Penny is probably 210 at the most right now. He is still SKILLED. You being in shape does not mean your better than a 42 year old Penny. He'd cook you boi!!

230 is "in shape"?

The 6'7 would be the biggest challenge, which is why he could post up almost anybody.

and comparing 42, oft injured, worn and torn Penny to the GOAT MJ isn't really fair to either guy.  
Penny is probably 210 at the most right now. He is still SKILLED. You being in shape does not mean your better than a 42 year old Penny. He'd cook you boi!!
Barkley is more skilled than me as well, and a MUCH better player than Penny at any point in his career, I dont see him yamming on me either.  He could def post me up and beat me, but as far as "running circles around me", you're implying a higher level of athleticism, and I dont see it.

Penny was averaging 3.8 ppg his last year in the league btw.  That was 5 years ago

goodness gracious the disrespect :smh:

talking about dudes who have done more in their bball career than they could even wish to, yet theyll wash them at 40? :rolleyes

goodness gracious the disrespect
mean.gif

talking about dudes who have done more in their bball career than they could even wish to, yet theyll wash them at 40?
eyes.gif
never said I'd wash him, never said I'd beat him.

I'm saying that due to his diminished athleticism, he isn't running circles around most people.  He would have to rely on his jumper and post up more than anything else

Barkley is more skilled than me as well, and a MUCH better player than Penny at any point in his career, I dont see him yamming on me either.  He could def post me up and beat me, but as far as "running circles around me", you're implying a higher level of athleticism, and I dont see it.

Penny was averaging 3.8 ppg his last year in the league btw.  That was 5 years ago
Dude did you just compare a 300 pound barkely to Penny? Seriously man? Your mad confident that you could beat a former and still in shape NBA player.

Dude did you just compare a 300 pound barkely to Penny? Seriously man? Your mad confident that you could beat a former and still in shape NBA player.
I'll paypal you $50 if you find where I said I could beat him 
roll.gif

Watching this 05 playoff game between the Mavs and Rockets on Hardwood Classics. Man, the Rockets were reaaally bad outside of T-Mac and Yao. I couldn't even tell you who their next best players were.

fair enough, but whats the point. either they

a) play him and dont get dunked on by penny at 40,
b) beat penny one on one at 40 or
c) play penny and he wins by jumpers and postups?

like i dont see the point?

I'm saying that due to his diminished athleticism, he isn't running circles around most people.  He would have to rely on his jumper and post up more than anything else
Dude would just drop 30 ft bombs. Then you have to play up close. Hell give you a jab step get shoulder to shoulder with you and you wouldnt be able to recover. Repeat

fair enough, but whats the point. either they

a) play him and dont get dunked on by penny at 40,
b) beat penny one on one at 40 or
c) play penny and he wins by jumpers and postups?

like i dont see the point?
I'm saying that he wont win by "running circles" around anybody.  Thats all lol.

he is past the point where part of his game is his biggest advantage.

Maybe we meant different things by "running circles".  I'm assuming it was meant that he would be too athletic for anyone to stand a chance against him.

Dude would just drop 30 ft bombs. Then you have to play up close. Hell give you a jab step get shoulder to shoulder with you and you wouldnt be able to recover. Repeat
and for the record, I'd stand back and let him take his 30 ft bombs, as a career .316 3pt shooter, I'd be willing to take that risk.  His footspeed isn't beating most reasonably athletic people to ball when he misses, making for a decent putback opportunity.

I couldnt post him up.

He'd block my shot ALOT

He would ultimately end up winning

and for the record, I'd stand back and let him take his 30 ft bombs, as a career .316 3pt shooter, I'd be willing to take that risk.  His footspeed isn't beating most reasonably athletic people to ball when he misses, making for a decent putback opportunity.

I couldnt post him up.

He'd block my shot ALOT

He would ultimately end up winning

Damn this thread went weird. From Penny being a HOF'er to cats talking about beating him in One on One. Yeah, bball cant come soon enough...

when I ended the statement with "He would end up winning", how does that equate to anyone saying that they'd beat him?

laugh.gif

^Yup

Look at what a retired BRIAN SCALABRINE did to some civilian
roll.gif

NBA is a whole different level... on his instagram you can see Penny still plays some, at his advanced age he'd still wash 95% of NT
laugh.gif
 Really nothing to be ashamed of

Last edited:
Michael Carter-Williams, Tony Wroten and Darius Morris. :x :rofl:

The Sixers aren't even trying to hide it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom