Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smh if Lebron joins the lakers man I swear!

Melo is a lil punk so he will prob join bryant instead of compete against him but this is why I can't stand this spoiled lakers franchise.

I know bryant is orchestrating a lot of this behind doors. He is very desperate to get another ring and already said he won't leave so he is behind doors on his knees begging bron to join him, lol/smh sickening!
I think Melo will go to Miami if he leaves NY. 

Last edited:
How awesome is this? Arne Duncan (Secretary of Education) out there gettin' buckets at the Goodman League....

*Plays in the Kenner League also....

He's been killing the celebrity game at All Star Weekend the last couple years so I'm not surprised, ain't mad at him.

Melo is a lil punk so he will prob join bryant instead of compete against him but this is why I can't stand this spoiled lakers franchise.

I know bryant is orchestrating a lot of this behind doors. He is very desperate to get another ring and already said he won't leave so he is behind doors on his knees begging bron to join him, lol/smh sickening!
like lebron and wade did?

No superstar has played (where played and stayed) nor has wanted to go to the lakers since shaq left...what 10 years...But LeBron would come.... I repeat no superstar is coming to lakers until kobe retires...can he possibly get some young budding wet behind the ears star in the making like a paul George, john wall etc....sure...But a player of LeBron caliber or like a Durant...............

tumblr_m3ixj2ePxR1r777xho1_400.gif

He's been killing the celebrity game at All Star Weekend the last couple years so I'm not surprised, ain't mad at him.
funny thing is he be in the hood, be around black folks, and is in touch with the urban community more then Obama.....

How is it sickening? The guy wants to win SOOOOOO he's recruiting other players... Can Kobe ever really win? He's too selfish in your eyes, but when he wants to sacrifice the spotlight to win it's begging.

No superstar has played (where played and stayed) nor has wanted to go to the lakers since shaq left...what 10 years...But LeBron would come.... I repeat no superstar is coming to lakers until kobe retires...can he possibly get some young budding wet behind the ears star in the making like a paul George, john wall etc....sure...But a player of LeBron caliber or like a Durant...............

Lakers haven't had Cap Space since 04 though.. Soooooooooooooooooooo what are you proving... Brian Grant & Lamar Odom were both getting paid 13 then 14 mil in 04-05 then 05-06.. Kobe was getting $14mil then $17mil.. With all the other guys already on the roster cap space was already taken up... 06-07 cap was taken up before FA started again... Then from there out cap was taken up by Kobe, Pau, Bynum and Odom... So we can say no superstars have joined the Lakers through Free Agency in over a decade, but Lakers haven't opened up a season with cap space in about a decade either

Last edited:

you're like NT's very own mini Chris Broussard with all the inside sources and info you got.

View media item 498341

Nash PG
Kobe SG
Melo SF
LeBron PF?????

Yeah, I dunno about all that.

Maybe if we could get the league to allow more than one basketball in the game at one time, we'd have a shot. :lol:

We might be able to pull one or the other, but both? Eh.

I think the better posibility would be to land one in 2014 and another in 2015 with a 3rd tier Bosh type following as well. Another key would be where we finish this year, do we land a top 5-10 lottery pick, or end up with the 16th pick to use as a building piece? Makes a big difference.

Top 5 pick + Kobe/Pau coming back cheap would be a much better starting point for free agents than 16th pick with Kobe asking for top dollar and Pau leaving. *shrugs*

If Lebron, Kobe and melo team up, is a center going to just fall from the sky? Nash will be 40 too.

Last edited:
Being a lottery team > being an 8th seed next year
Naw more like getting a top 5 pick in a good draft > being the 8th seed...remember the lottery goes all the way to the 14th pick, after the first couple pics its a significant decrease in the chance you are going to end up with a Franchise player...

And Boston wont ever be a prime destination for players to go to in free agency, its known as a racist city..They either gotta draft well or put together a good trade to build a contender

How is it sickening? The guy wants to win SOOOOOO he's recruiting other players... Can Kobe ever really win? He's too selfish in your eyes, but when he wants to sacrifice the spotlight to win it's begging.
Lakers haven't had Cap Space since 04 though.. Soooooooooooooooooooo what are you proving... Brian Grant & Lamar Odom were both getting paid 13 then 14 mil in 04-05 then 05-06.. Kobe was getting $14mil then $17mil.. With all the other guys already on the roster cap space was already taken up... 06-07 cap was taken up before FA started again... Then from there out cap was taken up by Kobe, Pau, Bynum and Odom... So we can say no superstars have joined the Lakers through Free Agency in over a decade, but Lakers haven't opened up a season with cap space in about a decade either
from a financial standpoint yea...but I mean from a players perspective....and them regardless of finances has never desired or mentioned they wanted to play there. Like random questions of players....if you could play anywhere where would you wanna play. Outside of ppl from the town...no one ever says lakers/Celtics... Like where did you dream you wanna play at...folks be like well Chicago cause I was a Jordan fan, or Orlando cause I grew up liking Penny...things like that.

My point is the whole historic, I want to follow in the history of legacies etc...appeal to teams like that is gone. Cats don't care anymore. Its all about either, who paying me the most, or who can pay me the most and can get players around me so I can win a chip.

Hell if the bobcats had the money and resources to get a superstar and surround him with a championship caliber team...99% of the NBA would take it. Rare do you see dudes do things like metta world peace did and say hey, regardless of everything I wanna play for the knicks and try to make them a winner.

I mean its kinda sad, but I aint even made at these cats trying to get paid...but long go a player of like a LeBron or a Durant etc... who opts out and says im going to iuno Detroit because I grew up watching the bad boys and always wanted to be like them...and did so regardless of money/chances of winning.

And that's why I say those type of teams have trouble drawing superstars....they usually stay relevant enough to never get a good draft pick, or don't have enough money to draw a big name.

And when they do hit their "slump" years cats be like man hell with that im trying to get to this money.

just because dwight's fragile ***** *** left LA, all of a sudden LA is destination free agents don't want to go?

:rofl:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom