OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

You guys ever have commissioners in your league veto trades because others in the league think it's unfair?

Happened to me last night. I sent Torrey Smith, Vincent Jackson and Pierre Garcon for Adrian P and Mike Evans - and everyone ******* about it, so the commish veto'd it.

Should I threatened to drop out? Yeah, I'm tight.

Last edited:
I don't believe in veto's because if you're stupid enough to get fleeced you should pay the consequences...but if you're in a league that allows it and more than half the owners veto, then it should be disallowed.

That's something you gotta establish before the season starts.

That's a lot for AP and Evans.

I haven't, but I'd be pretty heated too. Especially since dude accepted the trade. There's nothing abnormally lopsided about that trade.

I don't believe in veto's because if you're stupid enough to get fleeced you should pay the consequences...but if you're in a league that allows it and more than half the owners veto, then it should be disallowed.

I mean, I don't know - I'm giving up 3 starting receivers for basically AP, since no one really knows what to expect from Mike Evans at this point.

It shouldn't be other peoples business that I'm willing to go out on a limb and give up that many players for AP.

Not even a fair league already, the season hasn't even started..

You guys ever have commissioners in your league veto trades because others in the league think it's unfair?

Happened to me last night. I sent Torrey Smith, Vincent Jackson and Pierre Garcon for Adrian P and Mike Evans - and everyone ******* about it, so the commish veto'd it.

I think people get all up in arms when a 1st round talent is moved for a non-similar talent, but that seems like a balanced trade to me, especially if the other team was in need of WR's.

I usually follow the "play your best players" approach, but am I crazy for considering starting Stafford this week over Aaron Rodgers v. Seahawks?

Funny you say that Miamin2; I traded Rodgers for Stafford and Ray Rice and Pierce from Bmore...Stafford is a much safer player going in the first couple of weeks. Especially with Megatron as his target.

I mean, I don't know - I'm giving up 3 starting receivers for basically AP, since no one really knows what to expect from Mike Evans at this point.

It shouldn't be other peoples business that I'm willing to go out on a limb and give up that many players for AP.

which is why my commissioner changed it to strictly commissioner vote. last season dudes were vetoing every trade for no reason especially my trades because they didnt want my team to get better.

commish only gonna stop a trade in my league if its horrible and completely stupid other than that its going through.

Oh my part about getting fleeced wasn't in regards to your trade. I just think a borderline 1 in VJ and two 2's/potential 1's (especially Garcon in PPR), is a bit much.

My stance is that if that anyone wants to make trades, then by all means do it :lol:

But if it was established before that the league runs with majority rules when it comes to veto, then it is what it is.

I am the commissioner and the only one who can veto trades

If the trade is fair I will always let it go thru and if it's unfair I will veto it idc

ESPN Flex rankings!

Let's start flexing! Welcome to the 2014 version of the flex rankings, and yes, they look pretty much like the ones from past seasons. As always, we combine the top running backs, wide receivers and tight ends into one tidy package, with numerous decent leftovers since there are few injuries and no bye weeks as of yet. Sure, the top-100 list below is simply one man's opinion, and we urge you to make your own decisions, not rely solely on this list, but we aim to inform and entertain. Will you use a running back or wide receiver in your flex spot? It doesn't matter which position it is. It could be a tight end (in fact, I can't recall so many tight ends in my top 100 before, so it might be). Use your best option!

Best of luck to all in Week 1, and we'll be with you for the duration of the season in this very spot and on this very day.

1. Jamaal Charles, RB, Chiefs: Don't overthink it.

2. LeSean McCoy, RB, Eagles: This would be my same 1-2 if it's a PPR format. Flex rankings are always based on ESPN standard leagues, 10 teams and no PPR, by the way.

3. Adrian Peterson, RB, Vikings: I believe reports of him catching many passes are overblown, but I've still got him ranked well.

4. Matt Forte, RB, Bears

5. Calvin Johnson, WR, Lions

6. Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seahawks: He was terrific last season, and now he's too old or has too many carries? Well, I'm just not there yet. Just remember his game is on Thursday. There is a Thursday game every week, so get in the habit of setting lineups early and don't clog the flex spot with an obvious Thursday player. Leave yourself flexibility for Sunday!

7. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Broncos

8. Jimmy Graham, TE, Saints

9. A.J. Green, WR, Bengals

10. Arian Foster, RB, Texans: He's healthy enough, and this is a nice matchup. I still believe a big season is pending, and I didn't rank his backup, whoever that is at this moment.

11. Julio Jones, WR, Falcons: So talented, and I think it's unfair to call him brittle. Watch the Falcons this season.

12. Alfred Morris, RB, ********

13. Brandon Marshall, WR, Bears

[+] EnlargeFrank Gore
Derick E. Hingle/USA TODAY Sports
Frank Gore has been remarkably consistent and faces an underwhelming Cowboys defense.
14. Frank Gore, RB, 49ers: Anyone facing the Dallas defense is going to get a bit of a bump this season. Again, like Foster, your worries on older backs is probably what happens or doesn't later in the season, not Week 1. In that sense, I could see us discussing Gore as a sell-high next week.

15. Andre Johnson, WR, Texans: He didn't exactly have Joe Montana throwing to him last season, and he was excellent. And there's nothing wrong with Ryan Fitzpatrick.

16. Eddie Lacy, RB, Packers: Toughest matchup he'll face? Don't look for reasons to sit him. Seahawks aren't perfect defensively.

17. Zac Stacy, RB, Rams

18. Dez Bryant, WR, Cowboys

19. Giovani Bernard, RB, Bengals: You'd think workload won't be remotely a problem early on. In a month it could be if Jeremy Hill isn't overwhelmed.

20. Antonio Brown, WR, Steelers: Don't let the fear of Joe Haden convince you to sit a wide receiver that caught five or more passes in every game last year.

21. Alshon Jeffery, WR, Bears

22. DeMarco Murray, RB, Cowboys

23. Montee Ball, RB, Broncos: Tough to know how many touches he'll get after missing all the preseason games with the appendectomy.

24. Emmanuel Sanders, WR, Broncos: No Wes Welker until Week 6, and clearly I like Sanders, but I am wary we're all overrating him some.

25. Le'Veon Bell, RB, Steelers: No suspension, no reason to be worried.

26. Victor Cruz, WR, Giants

27. Andre Ellington, RB, Cardinals

28. Chris Johnson, RB, Jets: Running backs have feasted on the Raiders in recent seasons. And you know Johnson will have a few monster games this year. He'll also go missing quite a bit.

29. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Cardinals

30. Rashad Jennings, RB, Giants

31. Randall Cobb, WR, Packers

32. C.J. Spiller, RB, Bills: I don't know about you, but the fact he's the kickoff return man does not make me like him more. Over/under on games played set at … 11.5?

33. Roddy White, WR, Falcons: Looked back to normal late last season, if not better, and he's a clear WR2 for me.

34. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Vikings: Surprise! Yeah, I'm a fan of this guy, regardless of matchups.

35. Julius Thomas, TE, Broncos

36. Doug Martin, RB, Buccaneers: I'm not a big fan of Martin's, but I acknowledge the opportunity and upside. Not a fun matchup this week, though.

37. Vincent Jackson, WR, Buccaneers

38. Reggie Bush, RB, Lions

39. Toby Gerhart, RB, Jaguars: Finally gets his chance. Even if he's average, there should be many, many touches. Also, never presume a blowout loss as a reason for sitting a running back. Philly gives up many yards and points, too.

40. Jordy Nelson, WR, Packers: He'll be ranked better pretty much every week after this one.

41. Michael Crabtree, WR, 49ers: Bit of a calf injury, or else the matchup would dictate better placement.

42. Ryan Mathews, RB, Chargers: His touches have to regress some, no?

43. Keenan Allen, WR, Chargers

44. Marques Colston, WR, Saints: I think he's back to pre-2013 form and the schedule is promising this year.

45. Shane Vereen, RB, Patriots: I remain skeptical he'll get many rushing attempts, but he'll catch passes.

46. Ben Tate, RB, Browns: What's your over/under on games for him, say 12.5? And the September schedule is not favorable.

47. T.Y. Hilton, WR, Colts

48. Reggie Wayne, WR, Colts

49. Joique Bell, RB, Lions

50. Pierre Garcon, WR, ********: His quarterback looked terrible in August, not that it matters that much. Garcon is the Washington receiver to own.

51. Pierre Thomas, RB, Saints

52. Julian Edelman, WR, Patriots: Really underrated, it seems.

53. Steven Jackson, RB, Falcons: Really forgotten, it seems.

54. Fred Jackson, RB, Bills

55. Jordan Cameron, TE, Browns

[+] EnlargePercy Harvin
AP Photo/Ted S. Warren
Percy Harvin has played in just 10 regular-season games the past two seasons, so despite his talent, there is reason for pessimism.
56. Percy Harvin, WR, Seahawks: Yeah, I was the guy avoiding him, so I can't really rank him favorably now. Show me. Play at a high level and stay healthy.

57. Vernon Davis, TE, 49ers

58. Mike Wallace, WR, Dolphins: Seems to me if the Miami offense really clicks he's a potential top-10 receiver. Not that I expect this.

59. Shonn Greene, RB, Titans: Plodder certainly has opportunity for a big season. Not that I expect this, either.

60. Greg Olsen, TE, Panthers

61. Eric Decker, WR, Jets: We all know which team he no longer plays for. Seems like he's a tad underrated now.

62. Rob Gronkowski, TE, Patriots: Will he play half the game? A third of it? Not a huge risk at tight end, because it won't take much to be worth using. But compared to running backs and wide receivers on a list like this, yeah, he's more of a risk.

63. Knowshon Moreno, RB, Dolphins: Appears to be starting, and who knows, like Decker, everyone seems to loathe him, but he's got skills. The investment is small now.

64. Torrey Smith, WR, Ravens

65. Michael Floyd, WR, Cardinals

66. Jeremy Maclin, WR, Eagles: Looks like he's on the verge of being hurt on every other play.

67. DeSean Jackson, WR, ********: Good luck achieving another top-10 WR season, fella.

68. Cecil Shorts, WR, Jaguars

69. Chris Ivory, RB, Jets: Kind of, sort of healthy at this point, but will even that last?

70. Kendall Wright, WR, Titans: Would be nice to see him get down the field once in a while.

71. Bernard Pierce, RB, Ravens: This is his big chance with Ray Rice out a couple weeks, but expectations are not high. I'll bet he shares the touches even now with Justin Forsett.

72. Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Panthers: A rookie with major upside going a bit under the radar.

73. Carlos Hyde, RB, 49ers

74. Anquan Boldin, WR, 49ers

75. Golden Tate, WR, Lions

76. Stevan Ridley, RB, Patriots: Wow, this could be a 1,000-yard back, and nobody seems to want him.

77. Trent Richardson, RB, Colts: This could also be a 1,000-yard back, but Ridley just looks so much better doing it, presuming he holds on to the football.

78. Terrance Williams, WR, Cowboys

79. Maurice Jones-Drew, RB, Raiders

[+] EnlargeDarren Sproles, Brent Celek, Jason Kelce, Nick Foles
Al Bello/Getty Images
The Eagles hope Darren Sproles finds the end zone more than the four times he got there in 2013.
80. Darren Sproles, RB, Eagles: So much more valuable in PPR. Like potentially top-20 overall.

81. Brandin Cooks, WR, Saints

82. Riley Cooper, WR, Eagles

83. Zach Ertz, TE, Eagles: Breakout star.

84. DeAngelo Williams, RB, Panthers: Yes, he's still a starter. Not that it matters much.

85. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Texans

86. Lamar Miller, RB, Dolphins: Could have won the starting job, but appears he did not.

87. Bishop Sankey, RB, Titans: If you drafted him, be patient. Like mid-October patient.

88. Jason Witten, TE, Cowboys

89. Sammy Watkins, WR, Bills

90. Danny Woodhead, RB, Chargers

91. Markus Wheaton, WR, Steelers

92. James Jones, WR, Raiders: You know, the Derek Carr move is good for him. And all Raiders.

93. Greg Jennings, WR, Vikings

94. Dennis Pitta, TE, Ravens

95. Ronnie Hillman, RB, Broncos: Hold on to him for another week just to make sure Ball is OK.

96. LeGarrette Blount, RB, Steelers

97. Hakeem Nicks, WR, Colts: Would be nice if he'd play with a chip on his shoulder every week, like that preseason tilt versus the Giants.

98. Mike Evans, WR, Buccaneers

99. Mark Ingram, RB, Saints

100. Kyle Rudolph, TE, Vikings
Others: Andre Caldwell, WR, Broncos; Darren McFadden, RB, Raiders; Danny Amendola, WR, Patriots; Justin Hunter, WR, Titans; Jordan Reed, TE, ********; Jeremy Hill, RB, Bengals; Tavon Austin, WR, Rams; Khiry Robinson, RB, Saints; Justin Forsett, RB, Ravens; Rueben Randle, WR, Giants; Terrance West, RB, Browns; Martellus Bennett, TE, Bears; Kenny Britt, WR, Rams; Donald Brown, RB, Chargers; Andrew Hawkins, WR, Browns; Malcom Floyd, WR, Chargers; Brian Hartline, WR, Dolphins; Andre Williams, RB, Giants; Jonathan Stewart, RB, Panthers

I am the commissioner and the only one who can veto trades

If the trade is fair I will always let it go thru and if it's unfair I will veto it idc

how it should always be

every year trades rarely go through in my league if its including star players

i had a trade trading AP last year and it goes vetoed even though it was a very very fair trade. i wanst even getting much back but got vetoed because i was 7-0 at the time :lol:

Ryan Mathews, Shane Vereen, or Mark Ingram for rb2 this week :nerd:
I don't trust espn projections :lol:
(standard btw)

Last edited:
i got a offer for tony gerhart for mike walllace 

my team 

RB CJ Spiller, woodhead, lamar miller, jonathan stewart 

WR. Dez Bryant, kendall Wright, jordan matthews, boldin and mike evens 

should i? 

Last edited:
pierre thomas, torrey smith, or bernard pierce at flex...PPR
I like Torrey Smith from that group. Still want to see how the N.O. RBs are deployed.
What you think?

12 person standard.

Not satisfied at all
mean.gif

Foles
M.Lynch
R.Bush
Dez Bryant
J.Nelson
TY Hilton
K. Rudolph

Bucs D

d.Jackson
Cooper
Cam Newton
Sproles
B. pierce
D.Bowe

ohwell.gif
This team is fine dude. Swap Desean for an RB if you want, but I would sit tight and see what Reggie's role is.

You may luck into the starting back for the Ravens if Pierce starts the season well.
Cam/R.Wilson
Calvin
Cruz
D Murray
Pitta
M.Floyd
J.Bell/F.Jax

14 teamer, had my live draft last night.

Btw would you guys start joquie vs NYG or Fjax vs Chi?
Nice draft. Is it PPR?

And I would probably go Joique Bell. I think the Lions are gonna have a nice showing to open the year.
Happy birthday venom lyrix
You have to be playing with a bunch of blind and deaf infants if that's your team in a 14 team league.
laugh.gif

I gotta say tho, these kinds of comments are getting so ridiculous. Some of us don't play strictly in high-stakes leagues with other "pros"

I need help week 1 PPR league

RB2 - Ridley - Moreno

Flex - Cooks, Amendola, TY Hilton

I also have roy helu and tavon austin but gonna wait on helu i have alfred morris as my RB1 which kinda blows in a PPR league.  I drafted ray rice to be my RB2 but he is obviously suspended for weeks 1 and 2 
Tough calls there. I'd probably go with Ridley (he hopefully wont fumble to start the year haha), and Cooks (game should be a shootout)
Quick Trade question

Not sure if he will accept but worth a try.

Trade
T. Smith
Moreno

Get
Marshall

My other WR
D. Thomas
Colston
Jennings

My RBs are kinda weak so im unsure of giving up moreno

Gerhart
Jennings
Ivory
If you can get that, ABSOLUTELY do it. I'd be really surprised if the other dude accepted though.

do i start Wilson tonight vs Green Bay or Foles vs Jacksonville 
I'd probably go Foles this week. But I prefer Russ ROS
Spiller was announced as the Bills' kick returner.

Good for the Bills, bad for his fantasy owners.
Not great news. I took another risk on him last night as a flex though. Maybe he can get a tiny amount of that magic back at least. But this pretty much confirms a significant role for Fred Jackson
I had a dream last night that Matt Ryan threw 8 TD's in the opener. Make sure to start him.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Drop out is a little over the top, but yeah, that would annoy the hell outta me. I have veto power in both of my main leagues as commish, but I have never used it. That trade is good for you, but if the other guy (AP owner) drafted HEAVY in RBs, this could be very valuable both ways.

Hate the league vote overall. People only want trades to go through if they feel like its helping them
Maclin. Edelman. Or MJD as my flex play this week?
Maclin for me. Play him while he's somewhat healthy haha
I just wanted to say thank The Lord football is back tonight
pimp.gif
Amen
devil.gif

Go Hawks

my team 

should i? 
I would prefer the Gerhart side by slight margin.

It's always the same 3-4 dudes in my league that cry about trades. So there's usually that many vetoes on EVERY trade in our league.

"Owner X's team is getting way better after this trade! I'm vetoing!"

No **** Sherlock, what do you expect it to get worse? :lol:

Thankfully, the rest of us are level headed and understand that what we may think about a trade doesn't matter to the 2 parties involved. They're doing it for a reason that I'm sure they went over in their head multiple times.

Takes 6 vetos for a trade to be denied, and since the 2 owners obviously wouldn't veto the trade that leaves 8 possible vetoes. So a vast majority of the league needs to be against the trade to deny it.

my team 

should i? 
Keep gerhart. Your RBs would get kinda ugly without him
Ryan Mathews, Shane Vereen, or Mark Ingram for rb2 this week
nerd.gif

I don't trust espn projections
laugh.gif

(standard btw)
I'd go with Mathews. and I feel you on those projections
laugh.gif

They have Shady slated for like 24 pts or something. He definitely could get that, but I'm not sure I would suggest that as his "average" performance in that matchup lol

Back
Top Bottom