OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Love allen (he helped me out alot last year) but with floyd returning im a little hesitant on reaching for him. if hes there 4th round tho..its a go

beast mode,Martin,stacy and morris should go after Dez.but again i am not a ten team league guy
I'm with you on Stacy and Morris. Might have to think twice about Dez over Muscle Hamster and Lynch though.

Dezzy's second on your WR board, right? Over DT, Green, and Julio.

Can i be 2nd alternate for the league please just incase?
Sounds good, man. I'm cool with that.

Ellington or Spiller fellas?
Ellington will likely be a larger threat in the passing game with Jackson eating some of Spiller's reps on passing downs. Both RB's are high-risk, high-reward. Spiller known for speed and big runs, but again Jackson takes TD away. I'd say Ellington for the better situation, should get a lot of touches like Gio in Cincy.

Cruz or Allen? Having trouble on who I should grab in the 4th
Victor Cruz. Allen may falter to a sophomore slump, but even more likely is Rivers regressing without Whis. Even though McCoy is capable, the loss of an OC great with QB's will hurt. Defenses are checking for Allen now, he's the primary threat. With Gates aging, who else of SD's playmakers scares opposing defenses? Cruz should bounce back, burden square on his shoulders with Nicks gone. Randle, OBJ, and Jernigan will try to help but Cruz should salsa his way to end-zone many times this year.

Dang, you really think Lynch has one good year left in him?
One, maybe two at 28. Here's why, double-digit TD last 3 seasons. Other than AP, which RB will give that easily and confidently in '14?

Is the 5th round probably the right round to go for Jordan Cameron or could he go even earlier?

I forgot all about Julius for a second....I'd have him and Cameron neck and neck for that third best tight end this year. Jimmy and Gronk the top two.

I forgot all about Julius for a second....I'd have him and Cameron neck and neck for that third best tight end this year. Jimmy and Gronk the top two.
Makes sense. Fire away in R5 then. Have no problem with Cameron over Witten, VD, or Pitta based on your belief/explanation.

Does anyone really think Gronk is going to play all 16 games though? Even if he doesn't get hurt I think Belichek will end up keeping him out of some games at some point.

Does anyone really think Gronk is going to play all 16 games though? Even if he doesn't get hurt I think Belichek will end up keeping him out of some games at some point.
That's the risk and reason many are taking Julius Thomas over Gronk.

if you miss out on a top 3 te why not wait and grab jordan reed. high upside. health is concern but the guy has talent. 

if you miss out on a top 3 te why not wait and grab jordan reed. high upside. health is concern but the guy has talent. 

I like his potential but the guy is a blow to the head or two away from having to quit football.

Do you guys think in a league where passing TDs are 6 points, getting on of the top 3 QBs (Manning, Rodgers, Brees) is essentially a must?

Do you guys think in a league where passing TDs are 6 points, getting on of the top 3 QBs (Manning, Rodgers, Brees) is essentially a must?

not really. In the league I play in the get 6 points but the top 3 quarterbacks will be gone by the middle of the second round or late in the second round. As for myself I'd grab a guy like stafford in the middle of the fourth or early fifth and take my chances there

Last edited:
Jordan Reed:

5Uruyox.jpg

Man..i usually been going after gronk/thomas R2/R3 but I may just gamble this year in Reed/Rudolph and take then 2-3 rounds later

Last edited:
Yea I've been waiting on TE a bit this year as well in the mocks I've done. Usually end up with a Cameron or Rudolph like in round 5 or 6 (7-8 for Rudolph) then pick up Ertz as the backup a couple rounds later or so. Think he's gonna put up some nice numbers this year as well.

Last edited:
who are some of the big names you guys are avoiding this year?

i'm very weary of andre johnson, especially with his hamstring injury. but its hard to pass on him in the 3rd round..

I think I'll be avoiding Coradelle Patterson. Dude has talent no doubt. But in a PPR league I want a receiver than can run routes and get receptions.

Back
Top Bottom