OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

only people i trust in berrys love list (outiside of the superstars) are terrence williams and torrey smith

:lol:

I was completely sold on all those players after reading/listening to what he had to say about those players |I

Damn, he was there moving the mouse and clicking draft for you too?

laugh.gif

I joke of course.

hahaha. He could praise whoever he wants. Lesson learned.

Alright so for my two keeper league where my keepers are McCoy and Demaryius I was offered Jordy Nelson for my 4th round pick (aka my 2nd pick of this draft). So I'd come out after my two picks with McCoy, Demaryius, Jordy and one of the available RB's (Stacy, Bell, Gio, Ball), Stafford or Gronk.

Would you guys do it? This is before I even know what pick I'm going to have.
I would. Ideally you come out with two top-8 WR's and two top-10 RB's. Set at RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2. Flex can be a WR in the deep pool. Solidify QB and TE before that.

Got the 7th pick in a 12 team league.|I Who would you guys recommend for me to target for my first 2-3 picks? Might have to draft WRs with my first 2 picks because I think the RBs I want will be gone like Lacy or Forte
I've been saying Beast Mode, RB2, WR. Seems to be an unpopular opinion with many predicting a Lynch demise.

I would take lynch too. I just figured he would be gone by pick 7

Also, my whole main league is Hawks fans. So he's always drafted super early haha

Cool, I hope my division is weak
I only want the best. You should see my division in NT's keeper baseball league.

Is Arian worth taking in a TD league this year guys? I'm conflicted. It'd be a late 2nd round pick if he slides to me. TD's are 10 points and yards are .04 per 10 so literally TD's mean everything in my league. I'm conflicted on Bush too. I know, our scoring sucks :lol: But it's been this way for almost 10 years in this league and it's tradition. I could wait to draft RB's but I don't feel they're as deep, especially in that format, as WR's.
Yes, but you're banking on his health. 41 TD in three seasons prior to '13.

PPR.....Calvin or Graham?

I'm leaning Calvin, I feel like he has more upside
Megatron. I don't think Jimmy is nabbing 16 TD again this season.

If any of you are drafting 7th-10th in a 12 team league, who would your most likely picks be? I'm trying to get as much insight as possible and prepare just in case :lol: I never get into the top 3 :smh:
Lynch, Megatron, DT, Jimmy, Dez, Bell.

Great read.  Thanks for posting @venom lyrix
I disagree with everything Berry said about the Colts. Uptempo, Luck is the heir to the throne. Trent is a buy-low candidate, placing him at Flex causes you little to no risk. Hilton is projected as a fringe WR2 or Flex. I don't find him to be overvalued. Acquiring Nicks only helps his case.

I would take lynch too. I just figured he would be gone by pick 7

Also, my whole main league is Hawks fans. So he's always drafted super early haha
Yeah I was planning on him to be gone by 7 so was thinking Megatron. Would it be bad to take another WR with my 2nd pick? Hoping to get lucky with Brandon Marshall or Dez

Charles sims out for half the season..more carries for doug martin now
Tedford will still use Rainey. He's a frustrating OC for RB fantasy owners.

Yeah I was planning on him to be gone by 7 so was thinking Megatron. Would it be bad to take another WR with my 2nd pick? Hoping to get lucky with Brandon Marshall or Dez
You would have the sickest WR tandem but extremely vulnerable at RB1 and RB2. Think about your board and which RB's would truly be available in R3 and R4.

i've gone back and forth on this a lot, but I think that I would go RB with your second pick. I just don't like how my team looks when you go WR/WR.

What site are you drafting on?

A dude I'm kinda worried about taking way too early this year cause of all the praise is Patterson.

i've gone back and forth on this a lot, but I think that I would go RB with your second pick. I just don't like how my team looks when you go WR/WR.

What site are you drafting on?
ESPN who you thinkin at RB for the 2nd pick, someone like Murray or Morris?

@ChampCruThik  if I go WR for the first two rounds I'm thinkin Gronk in the 3rd and RB later but kinda risky. Don't like the potential RBs in the 3rd round lol

Last edited:
A dude I'm kinda worried about taking way too early this year cause of all the praise is Patterson.
I think it heavily depends on what site you are drafting from. As much as people don't like to admit it, folks are pretty swayed by the site rankings when it comes to drafting. I like where Patterson is slotted on ESPN, and I can definitely see myself drafting him. But on sites like CBS, the hype is getting a little outta control.

Ok so you are in basically the same boat as me. And those are exactly the two RBs I've been looking at for my second pick as well. Leaning Murray currently. I'm a little wary of the scheme change in DC, but I think that the offense is just bound to be better this year, and that will help Alf score some more TDs

@ChampCruThik
 if I go WR for the first two rounds I'm thinkin Gronk in the 3rd and RB later but kinda risky. Don't like the potential RBs in the 3rd round lol
WR, WR, TE is bold but you'll have by far the worst RB1 and RB2 in the league. You can scoop an Ellington or Spiller in R4, those are RB2's not lead backs. Then you're banking on a Miller, Ray Rice, or Trent as your RB2. A lot of risk.

I did a couple of mock drafts and I like my team where I'm picking between 1-5 instead of 6-12. I have my first draft on Sunday night, let's see how that goes.

I did a couple of mock drafts and I like my team where I'm picking between 1-5 instead of 6-12. I have my first draft on Sunday night, let's see how that goes.
That's especially true this season within the top-3. Shady, AP, and Charles are far beyond 99% of any other RB's and even WR's this year. Only Megatron, DT, and Dez could be considered a step behind at WR. Lacy and Forte considerably less reliable or productive than the triumvirate of McCoy, Peterson, JC.

That's especially true this season within the top-3. Shady, AP, and Charles are far beyond 99% of any other RB's and even WR's this year. Only Megatron, DT, and Dez could be considered a step behind at WR. Lacy and Forte considerably less reliable or productive than the triumvirate of McCoy, Peterson, JC.
i would add forte in in there to have 4 top RB. it can be argued that forte could even be drafted #1 overall. 

ive seen him go #1 and AP go 4th or 5th in some mocks

Back
Top Bottom