OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Love AP but seriously forte, charles and mccoy are all AS good options in fantasy this year. Dont see a problem going with any 4

Charles, Shady, Forte and then AP in PPR for me.
Truly respect everyone's opinions. I just can't turn down a guaranteed double-digit rushing TD season. Plus AP can still nab 30-40 balls as a checkdown option for Teddy this season.

This is probably a random question....

but I have the 1st overall pick in a 14 team league.

And I would like to trade to around the 8th pick.

What would be a fair trade in your guys' mind?

I'm thinking my R1(1), R4(56), R6(84) for R1(8), R2(21), R4(49)

Truly respect everyone's opinions. I just can't turn down a guaranteed double-digit rushing TD season. Plus AP can still nab 30-40 balls as a checkdown option for Teddy this season.

I'd be happy with either or If I get 1-4. lol But that will be the order I would pick and Lacy at #5.

ummm he had me take Ridley and Wilson with my first 2 picks in my 16 team draft last year.......

Daryl Richardson in the 3rd and Dwayne Bowe in the 4th........

sooooo ya....
mathew berry is a joke. he played in a league of mine 3 years now and highest he finished in a 14 team league was 9th highest points. a week from monday we drafy with him again. we bust his balls thru the draft , but he is a good sport about it.  never let these people sway you from what you think. if you do your homework and go with your head then you will be as right as they are.

I'm thinking my R1(1), R4(56), R6(84) for R1(8), R2(21), R4(49)

In a league with that many teams, I'd be very surprised if you got that much for the #1 pick. Maybe adjust the 2/4 you're asking for to 3/5? I honestly don't have much experience with draft pick trading

Why are you targeting #8?

Last edited:
Looking for a few more guys for a 14+ team NT league. ESPN, PPR. We're currently at 9 teams, but looking to get 14-18 teams. Just for fun but it should be different since most guys play in 10-12 teamers. PM or post your email here if interested.

mathew berry is a joke. he played in a league of mine 3 years now and highest he finished in a 14 team league was 9th highest points. a week from monday we drafy with him again. we bust his balls thru the draft , but he is a good sport about it.  never let these people sway you from what you think. if you do your homework and go with your head then you will be as right as they are.
must make him pretty bitter 

To be fair, dude has an insanely hard job. Basically has to predict the future...and when he is wrong, he gets hated, when he's right, no one says anything.

To be fair, dude has an insanely hard job. Basically has to predict the future...and when he is wrong, he gets hated, when he's right, no one says anything.
He's very well-compensated for it. How many knowledgeable sports guys would trade their day jobs to have his gig and salary?

I'm thinking my R1(1), R4(56), R6(84) for R1(
glasses.gif
, R2(21), R4(49)
In a league with that many teams, I'd be very surprised if you got that much for the #1 pick. Maybe adjust the 2/4 you're asking for to 3/5? I honestly don't have much experience with draft pick trading

Why are you targeting #8?
I just figured I would probably be able to ask one of the guys in the middle-late 1st round to give up more to move up to the top of the draft order

ummm he had me take Ridley and Wilson with my first 2 picks in my 16 team draft last year.......

Daryl Richardson in the 3rd and Dwayne Bowe in the 4th........

sooooo ya....
Any good Matthew Berry stories?? 

He seems like kind of a cool dude tbh

For my 2nd and final keeper, what do you guys think?

Gio Bernard - lose 8th round pick
Alshon Jeffery - lose 10th round pick

My first keeper is Jamaal Charles (losing my 2nd round pick). It's a 10 team PPR, 2QB league, and I have the 9th overall pick. Historically, the 1st round consists of 4-5 QBs, 5-6 RBs, and 1 WR being drafted.

Right now I have Jeffery slotted as the keeper. But over the last few days I've been leaning more towards Gio. That'll sure up my RB core right off the bat, and I'll be able to grab a top 5 WR (I'm eyeing Dez or Demariyus) at 9. Then in round 3 (my next pick) I can grab another WR. That'll be a pretty beastly core right there. Any opinions?

Other Notable Keepers projected to be 1st-3rd round picks: Matt Forte, Eddie Lacy, Jimmy Graham, Calvin Johnson, Montee Ball, Le'Veon Bell, Antonio Brown, Jordy Nelson

Last edited:
For my 2nd and final keeper, what do you guys think?

Gio Bernard - lose 8th round pick
Alshon Jeffery - lose 10th round pick

My first keeper is Jamaal Charles (losing my 2nd round pick). It's a 10 team PPR, 2QB league, and I have the 9th overall pick. Historically, the 1st round consists of 4-5 QBs, 5-6 RBs, and 1 WR being drafted.

Right now I have Jeffery slotted as the keeper. But over the last few days I've been leaning more towards Gio. That'll sure up my RB core right off the bat, and I'll be able to grab a top 5 WR (I'm eyeing Dez or Demariyus) at 9. Then in round 3 (my next pick) I can grab another WR. That'll be a pretty beastly core right there. Any opinions?

Other Notable Keepers projected to be 1st-3rd round picks: Matt Forte, Eddie Lacy, Jimmy Graham, Calvin Johnson, Montee Ball, Le'Veon Bell, Antonio Brown, Jordy Nelson.
Charles and Gio. PPR format? You have to. Establishes your RB1 and RB2 strength. Cincy promised Bernard more touches. I'm looking at 1,000 yards on the ground, 70 receptions, and 10+ total TD.

He's very well-compensated for it. How many knowledgeable sports guys would trade their day jobs to have his gig and salary?

he has it made. Big money, gets to travel and see any game he wants and ESPN makes him into a star. The guy does have it good

Last edited:
Letting Charles go for the sake of keeping your 2nd rd pick isn't worth it IMO
See next paragraph for a scenario where this would work.

Would you consider Gio and Jeffery, while letting Charles go and keeping your R2 pick?
Can't keep both Gio and Jeffery due to the keeper rules (same draft bracket), but... That's crossed my mind. Trade him for one of the top 4 picks in hopes of drafting Shady or AP. Then grab Dez or DT at 9. Then grab either Dez/DT/Green/Marshall/Julio at 12 :x :x :x. Only thing I'd be banking on is for a QB or 2 to be drafted top 4 so I could secure Shady/AP (which has happened the past 2 years). That'd leave me with Shady or AP and Gio, and Dez and/or DT and Green/Marshall/Julio. Not to mention I'd then be eligible to keep Stafford (5th) or Gronk (6th). Sickening.

Last edited:
Jordan Matthews with 9 for 104 tonight. Against 2nd-3rd teamers but still impressive.

Oh, I agree man trust me. 

Doesn't mean his job isn't hard though.

And...in the end, it is ultimately YOUR fantasy team, do what you want, you're in control. Don't blame other guys.

Back
Top Bottom