OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Yahoo is just too dark and gloomy to me.... 

it looks very basic and in need of some 2014 technology ... it's just not a place I'd want to spend a lot of time... I'd handle my team's business and then be out 

ESPN mostly, I do a Yahoo fun league though and the stat tracker is definitely appreciated.

I always play with ESPN. Love the app, and it's really easy to sort/add/drop players etc. I played for the first time last year on yahoo and hated it so much. Looks like crap and the interface just isn't as intuitive imo

And as for the QB discussion, my goal this year (as it was last year, which worked very well) is just to grab the tenth guy off the board (assuming a 10tm league). Allows you to beef up your WR/RB or get a top TE, and I'm pretty comfortable with any of the guys falling in that range. You can even wait til some later rounds and take back to back QBs to double your chances of getting a dude like nick foles or rivers from last year

Last edited:
Yahoo is just too dark and gloomy to me.... 

it looks very basic and in need of some 2014 technology ... it's just not a place I'd want to spend a lot of time... I'd handle my team's business and then be out 

I prefer basic and simple. You start getting to all the glitz and glamour with every possible bell and whistle, it just becomes a headache. I like to login, read the player notes real quick, add/drop if I need to, then set it and I'm good. I don't stare at that screen all day, so its layout isn't a big deal. Stat tracker is what's always on, and I'm fine with that as well.

Last edited:
here's a quick glance at the new CBS fantasy football homepage (my personal league) ... aka Fantasy Facebook lol 

HEADER:

- custom league logo 

- default header banner (cant be customized) w/ league name and your team name 

LEFT RAIL: 

- league standings 

- custom commish message ; HTML compatible (that gif is animated) 

- league transactions 

MIDDLE RAIL: 

- where users can post messages, photos, videos, polls, etc (users can view and post comments right there or click the title and view it in thread form)

- commissioner can sticky posts so they stay at the top, or designate them as commissioner posts (each type of post has its own icon)

RIGHT RAIL: 

- general fantasy news 

- player news, sortable by your players, all players, and scout team (clicking the layer name expands the news to keep you on the page)

- roster trends showing the most added/dropped players 

- top football headlines (not fantasy related) 

at first glance, it looks like a knock off facebook honestly...doesn't look like you guys tried to make it unique in any way. It looks like a carbon copy of Facebook's front page with a few football logos

i realize you said that but you said that's the front page for everyone's league...if that's the case...why is it so generic?

what about that front page is appealing to a casual fan in order for them to choose CBS or YAHOO or ESPN

Last edited:
What are you guys thoughts on Cordarelle Patterson and Decker for this year?

Patterson hype is getting a little out of control at this point. I'm gonna have to monitor his ADP as the summer goes along. Decker is a fine backup WR for me. Definitely don't want him to be a starter. Bye week fill in should be ok tho. Will be interesting if Vick is the starter for the Jets.

Patterson is a guy who should really put it all together this year. Healthy Jennings, Rudolph and AP with a better QB at the helm and a ton of plays made specially for him, I think Patterson is a super high upside guy. He really is the new Harvin

Decker is going to be a product of which ever QB starts. Unfortunately the Jets don't really have a great target opposite him so defenses may target Decker a lot. He should still be good for about 8 TDs and 800-900 yds receiving

at first glance, it looks like a knock off facebook honestly...doesn't look like you guys tried to make it unique in any way. It looks like a carbon copy of Facebook's front page with a few football logos

i realize you said that but you said that's the front page for everyone's league...if that's the case...why is it so generic?

what about that front page is appealing to a casual fan in order for them to choose CBS or YAHOO or ESPN
it's laid out exactly like Facebook... there's no denying that ... it's not as busy as Facebook but yes it's modeled after that layout .... reason being, "they're" trying to keep people engaged in the site .... more social... more interactive... etc 

what do you mean by generic? 

again, its supposed to appeal to fantasy users that like to socialize online.... people run their mouths on Facebook all day long, updating it with pics and whatever's on their minds... so... that was the goal here ... keep people running their mouths and spending time on the pages 

Patterson is a guy who should really put it all together this year. Healthy Jennings, Rudolph and AP with a better QB at the helm and a ton of plays made specially for him, I think Patterson is a super high upside guy. He really is the new Harvin

:pimp:

Forte and D Murray carried me last year..going after atleast 1 of the 2 this year. Specially forte.

Decker will be that dude that most newbs gonna think is a WR1 but will be mike wallace status most of the year

Last edited:
Speaking of Mike Wallace, he's a guy I like more than others this year. He wasn't awful last year but another year with a developing Tannehill is going to propel him into I think a very strong WR2. I could see 10 TDs and 1000 yds from him

Anyone have any open spots for a league? 

Really interested and will also keep up with it.

If so shoot me a PM with info

My favorite time of the year but also the most stressful Sundays of the year as well :lol:. I lost in the ship in my league last year so I'm looking to get back to the status. My WRs let me down to close out the season smh.

Back
Top Bottom