OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Richard Rodgers getting the start at TE tonight... "project TE" getting starting burn over Quarless in his first ever game?  MM must really like the kid.
You and I been hyping him for months. Eye on him and Robinson for NYG for deep, deep TE fliers.

Guys should I start Cam Newton or Andy Dalton this week? The only reason I'm even asking this question is because of Cam's gametime decision..
Dalton. It's looking less convincing Cam will be fully-fit or even play. Not strategy or gamesmanship. Legit injury.

Yup... Tonight might not be the best example of how hell be used all year though... I'm sure AR will be looking for his comfortable targets in Jordy/Cobb.

RR has a solid build though and is smooth.  Body like Gates. Maybe even bigger in the legs.

You and I been hyping him for months. Eye on him and Robinson for NYG for deep, deep TE fliers.
Dalton. It's looking less convincing Cam will be fully-fit or even play. Not strategy or gamesmanship. Legit injury.
But hasn't Dalton had alot of bad games against the Ravens? Def him over Cam?

I'm not high at all on Alfred Morris this year, but it's standard scoring so it still makes sense.

He's a strong WR who just needs to get the ball on the goal line. Washington is said to be throwing the ball to him more this year too

Alfred? Everything I've read is that he pretty much won't be on the field on third downs. I've picked up Helu in almost all my PPR's because it sounds like after cutting Seastrunk and the other RB, that Helu is going to be very important piece for Gruden's offense. I see Alfred getting the goal line carries though.

I can see Alfred Morris being this years Trent Richardson
He's WAY better than Trent. I would only be worried about Helu getting a little more work with their new offense. But I think that's unlikely
Toby Gerhart or Fred Jackson at my flex spot? (Standard Scoring)
I'd probably go with Fred Jackson. Although there is almost no difference in the Run D between the Eagles and the Bears this year. both should be bad.

Richard Rodgers getting the start at TE tonight... "project TE" getting starting burn over Quarless in his first ever game?  MM must really like the kid.
You would obviously know better than me, but I assume they'll run out a few guys. I doubt they commit to Rodgers right away for full snaps

But hasn't Dalton had alot of bad games against the Ravens? Def him over Cam?
Cam might not even play. Even 10 points is better than zero potentially.

Red Rifle: 4 TD, 7 INT last season against Baltimore. Now he's without Gruden.

A better option would be nice, but you only named Newton and Dalton.

Cam might not even play. Even 10 points is better than zero potentially.

Red Rifle: 4 TD, 7 INT last season against Baltimore. Now he's without Gruden.

A better option would be nice, but you only named Newton and Dalton.
lol best option on waivers is flacco and geno

Alfred? Everything I've read is that he pretty much won't be on the field on third downs. I've picked up Helu in almost all my PPR's because it sounds like after cutting Seastrunk and the other RB, that Helu is going to be very important piece for Gruden's offense. I see Alfred getting the goal line carries though.

Helu's a good 3rd down back but he's no Giovanni Bernard. Outside of 3rd and long he's merely a handcuff. I know Helu caught a NFL record 15 passes a few years back but that was with John Beck at QB and Santana Moss as our #1 WR. He's just a check down option currently from a QB who hates checking down lol

All this is coming from a DIE HARD Skins fan

Last edited:

Yup... Tonight might not be the best example of how hell be used all year though... I'm sure AR will be looking for his comfortable targets in Jordy/Cobb.

RR has a solid build though and is smooth.  Body like Gates. Maybe even bigger in the legs.
i was wondering who would ge tthe starting gig there. TE in a passing offense is worth a flyer unless your name is brandon pettigrew ( what a bum).

rodgers to rodgers sounds nice...

Helu's a good 3rd down back but he's no Giovanni Bernard. Outside of 3rd and long he's merely a handcuff. I know Helu caught a NFL record 15 passes a few years back but that was with John Beck at QB and Santana Moss as our #1 WR. He's just a check down option currently from a QB who hates checking down lol

All this is coming from a DIE HARD Skins fan
i remember 2-3 years ago, i was really high on Helu. knew he'd take over the starting gig and he did but then they drafted Morris and he hasnt gotten much burn since. he would eat all day if he was on the Saints/pats in the thomas/vereen role. 

I never thought Shanny gave Helu a good shot to win the job. Always thought he was a good enough runner between the tacklers and he can definitely catch the ball, so I guess I just want to see him get his fair share of a workload.

I never thought Shanny gave Helu a good shot to win the job. Always thought he was a good enough runner between the tacklers and he can definitely catch the ball, so I guess I just want to see him get his fair share of a workload.

Hate to keep derailing the thread with Skins talk but Helu is good but he's always knicked up after a decent workload.

Back to FF, Anyone else think Shane Vereen is primed to break out?

I have R.Rodgers in our 20 team NT league, our wavier wire looks like a retirement home
mean.gif
had to check up on my team real quick, you must be in a different deep league cause i swore i picked him up earlier. 

i have him in NT Deep League ( 16 team) 

I have R.Rodgers in our 20 team NT league, our wavier wire looks like a retirement home :smh:
had to check up on my team real quick, you must be in a different deep league cause i swore i picked him up earlier. 
i have him in NT Deep League ( 16 team) 

Yeah im in the 20 team TAN NT league, scores are going to be pathetic when bye weeks start :lol:

So guys I need more opinions.. Should I play Cam Newton this week or Andy Dalton??

I'd lean towards Andy right now. I honestly don't like the early matchup at Tampa very much. Still don't see Cam sitting out, but I think Dalton's the safer pick this week.

Back
Top Bottom