OFFICIAL 2014 Grammy Awards Thread 1/26

Some of you dudes were really hurt by this? Looking to blame an outside force for what's making you upset and ****. Jut trying to find ways to cope and ****. Lol

Im surprised no one has posted any pyramids and illuminati secret association type of things to ease the mind and feelings of those just unable to cope with reality.

Its no illuminati anything its rich JEWISH corporate executives thats running & ruining the hiphop & r&b soul cultures man...They are basically controlling what we listen on the radios,tv, clubs etc...If some of ya'll open your eyes its pretty clear as day ROBIN THICKE & TIMBERLAKE making more Soulful music than any black R&B artist out now...Now look at hiphop the white rappers are more versatile than majority of the black rappers..Like SCARFACE said man these people are stealing our cultures right in front of our faces thats why the music is lacking..Its not racist its the truth...

MAYNNNNE that Macklemore album is way better then kendrick lamar to me and if this help or does not. I'm black

How did Macklemore come up. i heard he didnt go through a major label

Yall still in here sounding like old grandmas suck in your ways from 20 years ago, things change it's called evolution get over it..

They're gonna take rap and RnB like they did rock n roll
Yep or at least try you see people always wanna say "Things change & evolve" nah man every rap song on the radio & tv sounds like the same song over & over....The thing about people these days they don't realize hiphop ain't just music its a lifestyle a culture..I see us acting more like them these days skateboarding,skinny jeans,wallet chains,weird face piercings, wanting to be drug addicts etc..None of those things were ever apart of our culture that was all suburban white teens culture...

Dudes in here hating on Macklemore but probably ride dudes like Migos and Chief Keef. I'll say it for the last time! IT IS THE GRAMMY'S, KING OF POPULARITY CONTESTS. To say that dude is trash, and knowing that people in here listen to way worse is ridiculous to me.
Not exactly. If it was a popularity contest then Justin wouldn't get shafted every time he drops a album, Herbie Hancock wouldn't have one over Kanye West for album of the year in 08 or Esperanza Spalding wouldn't have won over drake and Bieber for new artist of the year in 2011. The recording academy are expert level trolls. They know kendrick had an incredible album which why they nominated him in every important category but they gave the award to the more appealing white guy. I can't say macklemore is wack because i never heard his album but when even he says that kendrick deseved to win rap album of the year that tells you something. Like j. cole said rappers can't win any major awards unless they do something random like sing(lauryn hill) or make some alternative rap ****(Andre 3000).

Most of y'all who say they "stole rock n roll" don't even listen to it or never did.

Yep or at least try you see people always wanna say "Things change & evolve" nah man every rap song on the radio & tv sounds like the same song over & over....The thing about people these days they don't realize hiphop ain't just music its a lifestyle a culture..I see us acting more like them these days skateboarding,skinny jeans,wallet chains,weird face piercings, wanting to be drug addicts etc..None of those things were ever apart of our culture that was all suburban white teens culture...

What kinda hip hop lifestyle you living?

Wallet chains, how people chose to wear their pants, pearcings, and drugs were exclusive to white people?

What kinda hip hop lifestyle you living?

Wallet chains, how people chose to wear their pants, pearcings, and drugs were exclusive to white people?
Dude I ain't bout to go back & forth with you cause you sound like you Out of touch with reality,young or white cause for you to sit here and question what this culture was & what it is now you sound insane asking those questions..I'mma leave it alone homie with this statement "YOU RIGHT HOMIE"

How can I be right when I haven't even made a statement?

Your just unnecessarily butthurt like others over an award that doesn't even matter and he wasn't gonna win in the first place.

Last edited:
What does that have to do with anything :lol:

It's a false claim that people make because they see it thrown around the internet because it sounds good. Rock originated from both cultures, to say one stole it from the other is ridiculous to me. Were our people pioneers of rock and roll? Definitely.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about if you believe "they stole rock" is just a false claim "thrown around on the internet"

you can stop talking now

Last edited:
How don't I know what I'm talking about? To claim that we just flat out invented is more ridiculous than anything. Our part in it's creation isn't stressed enough. And are we gonna go the whole Elvis, Chuck Berry route? It's widely known that Chuck is the father of rock n roll, and that Elvis stole a lot of our music.

Last edited:
You clearly don't know what you're talking about if you believe "they stole rock" is just a false claim "thrown around on the internet"
you can stop talking now

How don't I know what I'm talking about? To claim that we just flat out invented is more ridiculous than anything. Our part in it's creation isn't stressed enough. And are we gonna go the whole Elvis, Chuck Berry route? It's widely known that Chuck is the father of rock n roll, and that Elvis stole a lot of our music.
im confused do u guys agree or disagree
and yeah white folks stole rock n roll

MAYNNNNE that Macklemore album is way better then kendrick lamar to me and if this help or does not. I'm black
SMH.  One more to add to the banjo brigade...........

Banjo_Large%281%29.jpg

How did Macklemore come up. i heard he didnt go through a major label
In almost every thread I've seen you post in, you've said something dumb and this thread is no exception.

I'm just not in the mindset that it was stolen. Our presence is responsible for it's creation, and people who are old enough and look into it are aware of that. We more or less drifted away from it and went towards that Motown sound, and eventually hip hop.

I'm just not in the mindset that it was stolen. Our presence is responsible for it's creation, and people who are old enough and look into it are aware of that. We more or less drifted away from it and went towards that Motown sound, and eventually hip hop.
Did we drift away
Or was it we were forced to go and create a new sound because we felt that we were being cheated and that "outsiders" were trying to take away something we created. Could history be repeating itself with hiphop???

Did we drift away
Or was it we were forced to go and create a new sound because we felt that we were being cheated and that "outsiders" were trying to take away something we created. Could history be repeating itself with hiphop???

I don't believe so, I believe it was natural progression. We were always versed in the blues, jazz, soul and gospel. The Motown sound just took it to the next level, and popularized it.

And nah to the hip hop question. We're not facing an invasion.

I can't say whether Macklemore deserved to win or not because I haven't heard his album but it just seems really wrong to give him ALL of the rap awards and none to anyone else. How does that happen in any genre, not just rap?

Back
Top Bottom