OFFICIAL 2014 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) : MAYBE NEXT YEAR SMH

Interesting hire, I thought it was gonna be Kubiak. Hope he can improve the QB like he did with Foles.

My thoughts exactly. I was surprised Kubiak didn't even get an interview for the position, but then again sources claimed he was waiting on head coaching positions with other teams

Yeah, I should have switched Fuller into Round 3 and bumped Jones to 4.

Fuller may not even make it to 3, and I didn't take the Colvin injury into account either.

As for Mason, if we are lucky enough to pull 3 solid starters on OL in FA, then yeah, I have no issue with Mason at Rd 2. At that point, we would have COMPLETELY overhauled that OL. The whole point is to surround Tannehill with everything. A new OL, Miller/Mason, Clay, Wallace, Hartline and Gibson, and maybe the most important thing, Bill Lazor, I have no problem investing in the offense and trying to make it a versatile, complete unit.

Mason is an upgrade over Daniel Thomas, there can be no debate there. And he ran the hurry up offense at Auburn, could be similar to what Lazor wants to install in Miami. Philly ran a lot of the same read-option stuff even with a more stationary Foles, and Mason thrived off that stuff, especially late in games.

Hell, this year alone we could have used his running against the Bills, Tampa, and Carolina to kill clock and get W's instead of forced to throw and give up sacks and turnovers.

In reality, we probably don't get 3 FA starters, and then have to draft OL in the first 2-3 rounds. We'll see.

Yeah, I should have switched Fuller into Round 3 and bumped Jones to 4.

Fuller may not even make it to 3, and I didn't take the Colvin injury into account either.

As for Mason, if we are lucky enough to pull 3 solid starters on OL in FA, then yeah, I have no issue with Mason at Rd 2. At that point, we would have COMPLETELY overhauled that OL. The whole point is to surround Tannehill with everything. A new OL, Miller/Mason, Clay, Wallace, Hartline and Gibson, and maybe the most important thing, Bill Lazor, I have no problem investing in the offense and trying to make it a versatile, complete unit.

Mason is an upgrade over Daniel Thomas, there can be no debate there. And he ran the hurry up offense at Auburn, could be similar to what Lazor wants to install in Miami. Philly ran a lot of the same read-option stuff even with a more stationary Foles, and Mason thrived off that stuff, especially late in games.

Hell, this year alone we could have used his running against the Bills, Tampa, and Carolina to kill clock and get W's instead of forced to throw and give up sacks and turnovers.

In reality, we probably don't get 3 FA starters, and then have to draft OL in the first 2-3 rounds. We'll see.
Colvin is my guy, first round talent but can't stay on the field. Positive note on Fuller is he played through a hernia his senior year. 6 INT's, tripling his highest output in any season. Without Exum in the secondary of Bud's defense. Marqueston Huff is the DB prospect I'm falling in love with. Can play corner or safety. Athlete with more than adequate speed, good hips and feet, and a tough cookie.

Based on your FA projections, I can clearly see OL is the dire priority. I get it, Wallace was the deep threat weapon last offseason, now protect your franchise QB who is still learning the position and vastly improving. I don't think you get all three FA's...Monroe, Schwartz, and Asamoah. Probably two out of three more likely, one of the tackles and Asamoah if I had to guess. One can dream I suppose.

I loved Greg Robinson at #19 before the National Championship as many mocks projected. That chance has flown by with Robinson climbing surely into the top 10. He's the second OT prospect behind Matthews and may have the higher ceiling considering Matthews is better suited for RT and somewhat exposed against LSU's speed rushers. I would show hesitation for Cyrus Kouandjio. Not just because of Dee Ford's speed giving him fits. I surely thought Cyrus would return to Tuscaloosa. I have questions on how ready Kouandjio is compared to Warmack (OG) and Fluker (OT) in the past 2013 class.

Lewan presents good value if he falls to #19. I didn't like him inside the top 10 but 9 slots changes the perspective and outlook. But it's possible Cyrus, Tiny, or Martin jump Lewan with good Combine and Pro Day showings with measurables, etc.

I like Sankey (and Carey) a lot in the middle rounds but I'm not sure either complements Miller well.

Continue sharing your work. I enjoy reading it.

[COLOR=#red]Farmer is out...

Looking like Gaines the new GM... don't really know what to thin other than Philbin has all the power now.

Could always be a curve ball.

Dolphins are just a hot mess sometimes. Ross apparently repeatedly called one of the candidates by the wrong name multiple times. Always good to do when you want to elevate your team professionally through the front office. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Farmer is out...

Looking like Gaines the new GM... don't really know what to thin other than Philbin has all the power now.

Could always be a curve ball.

Dolphins are just a hot mess sometimes. Ross apparently repeatedly called one of the candidates by the wrong name multiple times. Always good to do when you want to elevate your team professionally through the front office. [/COLOR]
Ross reportedly wanted Licht.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/23/3886283/miami-dolphins-to-interview-gm.html

[COLOR=#red]Read something similar and also read whoever reported that is full of sh-t. Either way we'll never know. It seems this GM search is A LOT more secret than when the Dolphins tried for Harbaugh and Fish.

We'll see... It just seems anyone coming in, it will be Philbin's influence and his way. I have no problem with that... it means everyone is on the same page. Which wasn't the case last year. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Read something similar and also read whoever reported that is full of sh-t. Either way we'll never know. It seems this GM search is A LOT more secret than when the Dolphins tried for Harbaugh and Fish.

We'll see... It just seems anyone coming in, it will be Philbin's influence and his way. I have no problem with that... it means everyone is on the same page. Which wasn't the case last year. [/COLOR]
I've gotten CP's take. Who do you want in the first 3-4 rounds of the Draft as well as FA?

[COLOR=#red]Well I posted a couple of my thoughts. This will be based on the Dolphins signing one of their DT's and signing/franchising Grimes.

I would like the Dolphins to think a bit outside of the box... which I doubt it BUT.

Looking for 3 spots at least on the line. ReSign Bryant, move to the right side... I believe he will be cheap. Sign Albert, LT. Then sign Center Alex Mack, Move Pouncey to Left Guard...I honestly think That would be a pro bowl left side.

I do really like how CP shaped it up, a little younger... I would honestly like a bit of both. Pouncey, Mack and a drafted Right Guard young... Tackles are experienced and know how to deal with ends well.

As far as draft...
Round 1. Eric Ebron... some mocks have hi going early, some right around the Dolphins. As an ACC and Miami fan this guy is on the verge of being Elite in my humble opinion. He is a monster and I will be a fan if he isn't on the Jets or Pats. (b. Timmy Jernigan DT)
Round 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo, he should be able to plug right into the Guard position. He was damn good at UCLA for the previous two years. (b. Cyril Richardson G)
Round 3. Josh Huff, I believe he would be a good addition. With Gibson getting hurt I believe thre is a void. It 98% of the time takes a skills position player 2 seasons to get their stride back correctly. He won't be ready and it's obvious the Dolphins want to throw. (they just need to move receivers around, put people in motion, screens, use the H back in motion out of the backfield to create mismatches... but I'm getting off subject) (b. Telvin Smith OLB)
Round 4. Jeremy Hill... Daniel Thomas is Not a good player. Hill can be that bigger body, he has a nice burst, he will compliment Miller nicely. (b. Bene Benwikere CB)

It's obvious I am offense heavy... I just don't think Defense needs a lot. New coaching for the Linebackers which was needed. Additional pieces to the interior defensive line. Secondary finally played outstanding for the most part. Two rookies will get PT finally. We'll see.

But to be clear... I really want Ebron. [/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
[COLOR=#red]Well I posted a couple of my thoughts. This will be based on the Dolphins signing one of their DT's and signing/franchising Grimes.

I would like the Dolphins to think a bit outside of the box... which I doubt it BUT.

Looking for 3 spots at least on the line. ReSign Bryant, move to the right side... I believe he will be cheap. Sign Albert, LT. Then sign Center Alex Mack, Move Pouncey to Left Guard...I honestly think That would be a pro bowl left side.

I do really like how CP shaped it up, a little younger... I would honestly like a bit of both. Pouncey, Mack and a drafted Right Guard young... Tackles are experienced and know how to deal with ends well.

As far as draft...
Round 1. Eric Ebron... some mocks have hi going early, some right around the Dolphins. As an ACC and Miami fan this guy is on the verge of being Elite in my humble opinion. He is a monster and I will be a fan if he isn't on the Jets or Pats. (b. Timmy Jernigan DT)
Round 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo, he should be able to plug right into the Guard position. He was damn good at UCLA for the previous two years. (b. Cyril Richardson G)
Round 3. Josh Huff, I believe he would be a good addition. With Gibson getting hurt I believe thre is a void. It 98% of the time takes a skills position player 2 seasons to get their stride back correctly. He won't be ready and it's obvious the Dolphins want to throw. (they just need to move receivers around, put people in motion, screens, use the H back in motion out of the backfield to create mismatches... but I'm getting off subject) (b. Telvin Smith OLB)
Round 4. Jeremy Hill... Daniel Thomas is Not a good player. Hill can be that bigger body, he has a nice burst, he will compliment Miller nicely. (b. Bene Benwikere CB)

It's obvious I am offense heavy... I just don't think Defense needs a lot. New coaching for the Linebackers which was needed. Additional pieces to the interior defensive line. Secondary finally played outstanding for the most part. Two rookies will get PT finally. We'll see.

But to be clear... I really want Ebron. [/COLOR]
Lombardi has his work cut out for him in Cleveland. Everyone wants Mack and Ward, with Byrd likely heading back to Buffalo.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/01/what_do_free_agents_alex_mack.html

I dislike Bryant McKinnie as a person and football player. I suppose bringing him back is contingent on the value/price. Cheap is good.

http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/4198/bryant-mckinnie-clarifies-cadence-statement

Ebron is the best TE prospect but I like Amaro or ASJ better for value in R2. Could go Yankey or Cyril with the first rounder instead.

Deep receiver class. I like Huff in R4 or R5 but in 2014 you can get even better. It's inevitable some good to great WR prospects will fall after bad 40 times or poor Combine/Pro Day.

Love the Jeremy Hill assessment. I like/think he's better than Mason. Maybe it's the value creeping in again. Tore up Auburn, Florida, Arkansas, Iowa. Track record extends against A&M, Bama, Ole Miss, Clemson in 2012.

Embarrassing... what a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinkin about applyin.

Ross and Aponte need to get the **** out of my franchise.

I feel like it's the browns just picking a coach (GM) and calling it a day. Give it another year, Ross will the try everything he can to bring in big names. Get ready folks.

with that I can legitimately say I know Nothing about Dennis Hickey. Like I said previously, this is the Joe Philbin show.

The organizational structure is a mess, man... We can't even get solid people to take the job because of how Ross is allowing Aponte/Philbin to have more say & power than necessary. They should've eliminated all and started all over rather than keeping pieces that were part of the problem in the first place

Dennis Hickey is a pretty random hire, but I think he'll do a decent job.

Aponte is the boss. The GM reports to her.

Ross needs to die so we can start over. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom