OFFICIAL 2014 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) : MAYBE NEXT YEAR SMH

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We're being trolled. FWIW, I'm hearing that Randy Mueller, Yatil Green and Dave Wannstedt also turned down the GM job.

[COLOR=#red]If you or I got the job... I'd be happy. Although I don't know if either of us would take it if we had to keep Philbin as well.[/COLOR]

Yea I would take it quickly.

[COLOR=#red]In case anyone wanted to know the current structure...

View media item 769638
I actually don't have a problem with this structure... Just the people involved (somewhat). And, also, Aponte is seemingly on a higher level than philbin and hickey. Possible that Philbin and Aponte are same level. But if it were exactly that... I don't mind the structure. [/COLOR]

I do.

I LOATHE the structure.

It's flat out stupid. A guy Dungy spoke for, a guy that Shula spoke for, and a woman.

:smh:

the Miami Dolphins decided to part ways with veteran running back Reggie Bush during last offseason it became clear that the onus for producing on the ground was going to fall on the shoulders of a crop of youngsters. 

Second-year running back Lamar Miller  and third-year running back Daniel Thomas were the two primary backs tasked with providing a balanced attack in front of second-year quarterback Ryan Tannehill . Rookie running back Mike Gillislee  was drafted in the fifth round of the University of Florida for depth and a change of pace and Marcus Thigpen , the team’s punt and kick returner, was given an expanded role out of the backfield. 

Throughout the 16 regular-season games there were flashes of the potential this group had, with Miller breaking off some long runs, Thomas running hard inside and also showing the ability to escape and break tackles and Thigpen and Gillislee able to make small contributions at different times. 

The group combined for 1,440 rushing yards and six rushing touchdowns while catching 49 passes for 330 yards and three touchdowns. Their best overall games were at New England with 136 combined yards between Miller and Thomas, 143 combined yards between the two against Cincinnati and 181 at the Pittsburgh Steelers with 56 rushing yards from Tannehill. 

BREAKING DOWN DOLPHINS RUNNING BACKS 

• Lamar Miller (5-10, 218)  Throughout training camp, the preseason and the regular season the Dolphins’ coaches were hoping Miller would break away from Thomas in the competition and establish himself as the number one back. He showed that potential at times with performances like the one he had against the Bengals on Halloween night when he rushed for 105 yards on just 16 carries and led the team with 709 yards and two touchdowns on 177 carries, but wound up staying in a shared role for the most part with Thomas. 

• Daniel Thomas (6-1, 233) —  Thomas matched Miller’s best effort with 105 yards and a touchdown on 16 carries at Pittsburgh and set up the game-winning score with a 55-yard run – all on a bum ankle. He proved his toughness by coming back from what looked like a season-ending injury and scored six touchdowns (four rushing and two receiving) while rushing for 406 yards on 109 carries in 15 games. 

• Marcus Thigpen (5-9, 195) —  Prior to the start of training camp, Thigpen publicly expressed his desire to be more involved in the offense at running back and as a receiver, delivering in Miami’s biggest win of the season over the New England Patriots in Week 15. He caught the game-winning 14-yard touchdown pass from Tannehill out of the backfield and finished the year with eight catches for 97 yards, including a 50-yard catch-and-run at New Orleans, while adding 18 rushing yards on six carries. 

• Mike Gillislee (5-11, 208)  Gillislee had a tough time cracking the active roster on game days as a rookie and managed to dress for just three games, making his NFL debut in a 23-3 win at the New York Jets on December 1st. He rushed for 21 yards on six carries and almost scored his first career touchdown on a 3-yard run that was ruled inches short of the end zone, so the ceiling for his development is still high enough to warrant a good look in his sophomore year. 

The Dolphins opted to go without a traditional fullback in 2013, lining up tight endsCharles Clay  and Michael Egnew  in the backfield at times in that role, but they did keep a hybrid fullback/tight end on the practice squad in rookie Emmanuel Ogbuehi  out of Georgia State. Rookie running back Cameron Marshall  from Arizona State was the only other backfield member on the practice squad.

So Necessary

I do.

I LOATHE the structure.

It's flat out stupid. A guy Dungy spoke for, a guy that Shula spoke for, and a woman.

[COLOR=#red]Why I like the structure:

First eliminate the people... Obviously they are not ideal. Maybe Aponte... Dolphins don't have any ridiculous deals currently and just got rid of the Dansby deal last season. Either way eliminate the current office.

The Chiefs have the same structure and their team is loaded as well as all for one. The Patriots have the opposite of most teams, Their GM answers to Belichick (structure aside, he is in charge and makes those decisions) Giving GM ultimate power obviously works and has been that way for awhile. But I don't see the harm in changing structure when it COULD work. No one knows if it will or not, yet. Currently the Dolphins are going into FA with needs on the line... we will see where they go from here and how they work together.

I Wish I could give an example of this structure I want to see but I can't at the moment. My thing is just look at the Chiefs, all the talent in the world.

Why don't you like the structure... not the people, those are obvious. [/COLOR]

I do.

I LOATHE the structure.

[COLOR=#red]Why I like the structure:

First eliminate the people... Obviously they are not ideal. Maybe Aponte... Dolphins don't have any ridiculous deals currently and just got rid of the Dansby deal last season. Either way eliminate the current office.

The Chiefs have the same structure and their team is loaded as well as all for one. The Patriots have the opposite of most teams, Their GM answers to Belichick (structure aside, he is in charge and makes those decisions) Giving GM ultimate power obviously works and has been that way for awhile. But I don't see the harm in changing structure when it COULD work. No one knows if it will or not, yet. Currently the Dolphins are going into FA with needs on the line... we will see where they go from here and how they work together.

I Wish I could give an example of this structure I want to see but I can't at the moment. My thing is just look at the Chiefs, all the talent in the world.

Why don't you like the structure... not the people, those are obvious. [/COLOR]

Power struggle.

The GM comes in, who and who are besties? Philbin and Aponte. So if the GM likes a guy, and Philbin and Aponte likes someone else, who makes the ultimate call?

The coach with a losing record that the GM didn't hire, and the woman? :x

Meanwhile, we just had a chance to take someone from the Pats front office, not just any someone, but someone that was allowed into the Patriots Draft room, something VERY few are allowed into in their org.
A guy that played football, coached football, and scouted football, with the winningest team the last 14 years, and he's still only 38 years old. He could have been OUR guy, and he could have fired Philbin, signed up his own coaches, he is own scouts, and he KNOWS how an org should run.

And we said no, so we could keep this worthless coach, a chick with a calculator, and hire a dumb *** GM who was about to get fired from his old job.

That structure sucks.

Notice, Ireland was cut down because Philbin and Aponte teamed up. Ireland gets Dion Jordan, a guy that Philbin wants, and then Philbin doesn't play him.
Then AFTER the fact, Philbin and Aponte start sayin, oh we wanted this guy, or we wanted that guy, putting all blame on Ireland.

They'll do the same to this GM as well, watch.

Reports that Caserio was going to fire Philbin and when Ross wouldn't allow it, he declined the job.

Ross is a nightmare and we won't win beans as long as he owns the team.

New GM Dennis Hickey is live in studio with The Finsiders! Watch on FOX Sports Florida, listen on 940 WINZ-AM & here: miamidolphins.com/finatics/comme

Regarding the Martin_Incognito situation:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...rney-releases-texts-involving-jonathan-martin

Some of it is old news, but thought i'd share in here.

Best comment on the bottom:

"Pull Martin out of a burning house...and he'd charge you with kidnapping."
laugh.gif

[COLOR=#red]Hickey only gets a 2 year deal... this damn organization... can only help but laugh and shake my head. Makes it easy to fire everyone, again sort of, at the end of this year. [/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm feeling more Hennehill hate in my heart today after reading some blurbs across the web. Damn you Russ, DAMN YOU!
Tannehill: 1,072 Att / 637 Comp / 59.4 % / 7,207 Yards / 6.72 Avg / 36 TD / 30 Int / 11 Fumb / 79.1 Rating

Luck: 1,197 Att / 682 Comp / 57.0 % / 8,196 Yards / 6.85 Avg / 46 TD / 27 Int / 14 Fumb / 81.5 Rating

And here is what Wilson has done:

Wilson: 800 Att / 509 Comp / 63.6 % / 6,475 Yards / 8.09 Avg / 52 TD / 19 Int / 11 Fumb / 100.6 Rating + 1 Superbowl Victory

And before you know who comes in talking about the teams around this QB, let's just say when it counted for all the marbles, the QB **** his pants while the other QB's of this draft have stepped up and led their team to the playoffs. If this does not happen in year 3 for Tippedinterceptionhill, he shall be sent to the guillotine

[COLOR=#red]Hickey only gets a 2 year deal... this damn organization... can only help but laugh and shake my head. Makes it easy to fire everyone, again sort of, at the end of this year. [/COLOR]

Hickey was never the prize from the beginning, what don't you understand about that? He was the leftovers, the settled date, the bronze medal. He was hired only because Lake and Cesario said "go #%!@ yourself" to Dumbo Ears Ross.

That's why this organization is a joke. There's no leadership and no stability. I can see Philbin getting fired and then Hickey gets an extension. It's the Ross way.

Must be so difficult to win a Super Bowl up 29-0 without doin a single thing. If only we could have a QB that could sit in a chair while the team scores point after point without him.

Go buy a clue dude. You just watched a QB do NOTHINGGGGGGGGGG and win a SB.

Must be so difficult to win a Super Bowl up 29-0 without doin a single thing. If only we could have a QB that could sit in a chair while the team scores point after point without him.

Go buy a clue dude. You just watched a QB do NOTHINGGGGGGGGGG and win a SB.

:lol:

I guess it's doing nothing when you have a 100+ QB rating in college, rookie season in the NFL, 2nd season in the NFL, throughout a playoff run, and in the Super Bowl. Well I'll be damned, he's the ONLY one to ever do it! :lol:

Hennehill wishes he could sniff Russ' jockstrap :lol:

[COLOR=#red]What don't I understand?............... do you even read what is said or just think of the next stupid thing to post. Re-read what I wrote and then comment. Troll CP, not me bro.[/COLOR]

Actually, I think you do.

I don't. I see a franchise QB who will be winning for years to come, and then I see a guy who won't be starting much longer. Time for you to choose, red pill or blue pill.

[COLOR=#red]What don't I understand?............... do you even read what is said or just think of the next stupid thing to post. Re-read what I wrote and then comment. Troll CP, not me bro.[/COLOR]

lol, oh please. I read your post perfectly fine. You said it would make it easier to fire everyone but you know Ross would never do that. Someone always manages to stick around.

As usual, someone needs to look at more than a single number. (I know I'm wasting my time, but oh well)

Playoff game, at home, vs Saints. The VAUNTED Saints offense.........scoreless thru 3 quarters. It's 16-0 going into the 4th, Marshawn Lynch with a tidy 140 yards rushing. Russ, 103 yards passing. Holy ******g ****, what a star. He made ONE, pass in the whole game, the first down to keep the clock running, was also a grab by a receiver getting his helmet ripped off. Great throw, better catch. But I give that to Russ, 1 great throw. In a playoff game, 1 throw. ONE.

Playoff game #2. First play, fumbles at the 15 yard line. Worry? Nope. His defense doesn't even give up a touchdown, FROM THEIR OWN FIFTEEEEEEEEEN. Lynch? 109 yards, AGAINST THE 49ERS, including 5 yards PER CARRY, again, AGAINST THE 49ERS. Russ makes 2 plays, the 50 yard heave early in the game, great play, and the TD he throws on 4th down, in which the 9ers jump offsides and he KNOWS it, so he throws it up, knowing nothing can go wrong. His defense, 3 turnovers, including the game winner. Again, 2 throws for Russ. That's 3 throws, in 2 PLAYOFF games, AT HOME.

Super Bowl......... :lol: Up 29-0, I say again, up 29-0, Russ finally throws a pass, into triple coverage, this his receiver makes a miraculous grab on, breaks 3 tackles, spins, breaks another tackle, then another, and runs into the endzone. TD, Russ???? :lol: Later, Russ decides that he needs yet another TD, at 36-8. (any reason we throwin the ball up 29-0 and 36-8???????) Again, makes throw, receiver breaks 2-3 tackles, into the end zone. TD, Russ?

So to recap, Lynch scores a TD in all 3 games. Runs for almost 300 yards.
Defense shuts out Drew Brees and the Saints for 3 quarters, and LOCKS UP the Peyton led offense to the tune of 8 points, and forces 3 turnovers against San Fran, not even including holding them to a FG from their own 15.

Does Tannehill have ANY of those advantages? Spare me your ********, does he? If Russell Wilson had our run game, Joe Philbin, Mike Sherman, and a defense that gives up first downs on 3rd and 22, or 90 yard TD drives to Cam Newton, at home, are you in here puffin your ****** chest out at me?

Yeah.

Move on dude, go be stupid somewhere else, you waste too much of my time with your ability to only read "100+ rating" but not actually realize what goes on around that.

View media item 258032[COLOR=#red]
he has clearly already put it into motion. Ireland been with the organization 3+ years. It will be Philbin's 3rd... and he doesn't care about the GM obviously. It's in motion if this doesn't work. If you don't see that, don't know what to tell you.[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom