OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

This clock management by niu against Toledo is crazy! Why are they going hurry up offense when they have basically the game in hand and can almost run out the entire clock!

I've told this before, but that rant got play all the way out here in homer land. Local radio was crushing Winslow/Miami for comparing football to war, soldier, etc etc.

I called them up, got on air, "yeah, uh, you guys are clowning Winslow and saying he's despicable for comparing himself to soldiers and all that, but, uh, what do y'all call the Oregon-Oregon St game?"

*click*

They hung up on me quick as **** and went to commercial, came back talkin Blazers after the break. :lol: :lol: :lol:

*They call it The Civil War in case anyone didn't get what I was referring too.

:lol: :rofl: repped for that call-in my man

I've told this before, but that rant got play all the way out here in homer land. Local radio was crushing Winslow/Miami for comparing football to war, soldier, etc etc.

I called them up, got on air, "yeah, uh, you guys are clowning Winslow and saying he's despicable for comparing himself to soldiers and all that, but, uh, what do y'all call the Oregon-Oregon St game?"

*click*

They hung up on me quick as **** and went to commercial, came back talkin Blazers after the break.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Why could I perfectly imagine CP doing this 
laugh.gif

*click*

They hung up on me quick as **** and went to commercial, came back talkin Blazers after the break. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why could I perfectly imagine CP doing this :lol:

:lol:

I have a friend that lurks on here, he was listening to the radio and heard me call, he STILL tells people that story. We both hate the local media out here.

They were doin the whole thing, Thugs, suspend Winslow, dirty, etc. But when they started yappin about war and soldiers, I wasn't lettin that fly. :lol:

teams wouldn't schedule hard teams anyways.  LSU is really the only SEC team that schedules difficult games.  While I agree that it is difficult to forecast how a team will be playing 7 years from now (TCU and Colorado just set up a home and home for 2022), I don't think any teams would change their philosophy as they know that most of the out of conference games are cupcakes.  Boise st tried to schedule hard teams for a long time, and nobody wanted to play them.  There is no incentive for a power 5 conf team to schedule a hard out of conference opponent, as now with the conf championships, you will likely get into the playoff if you win that.  
This is the exact opposite of what's actually going on in every power 5 conference except the Big 12. Coincidentally it's why they got left out last year, luckily it's not a two team conference so that may not happen this year, but still. 

UF added Michigan to their schedule just last season to open in 2017, Art Briles specifically is a douche about it and wonders why his team gets no respect, playing just one of the big boys OOC in addition to your conference schedule is the way of the future. 

I agree with most of this except SOS isn't why TCU or Baylor got left out of the playoff last year.

*click*

That's beautiful. :lol:

Oh man, I love that stuff. Media is the worst. Especially local media.

I remember the last time Miami and Tennessee played in 2003. Brock Berlin was our QB and we were ranked #6 in the country at the time. Tennessee was also ranked but no one expected them to beat us in the Orange Bowl. Long story short, they upset us in what was a very tight match. I still remember the disdain I had for Phil Fulmer and his fat face at the time :lol:. Those were some good football games though man.
that was an early Saturday game iirc, didn't expect to take that L at all

Last edited:
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...f-rankings-alabama-clemson-notre-dame-memphis

Alabama deserves its high spot, and 4 other College Football Playoff rankings takeaways

GettyImages-487062444.0.jpg

Notre Dame at Clemson can now be looked back on as the biggest weird game of the year, the Big 12's got a ton of opportunity, and maybe Memphis has an actual shot?

1. Why Alabama belongs in the top four

by Bill Connelly

If you're looking for a reason to back Alabama as a top-four team, you almost have to turn to the stats the Playoff committee has so openly shunned. The Crimson Tide are No. 1 in Sagarin, No. 2 in F/+ (No. 2 in S&P+, No. 3 in FEI), No. 4 in the Massey Composite, etc.

Computers looking at all sorts of different factors really like the Tide, and for reasons other than "Dynasty!" or "Recruiting rankings!" or "Roll Tide!"

So ... why? A high baseline, first of all. Alabama very much looked the part of a top-five team against Wisconsin, ULM, Texas A&M and Georgia (which, as committee chairman Jeff Long noted, still had a healthy Nick Chubb) and did enough to beat decent Arkansas and Tennessee teams.

I honestly don't care about the "quality wins" nonsense, because there are 58 different definitions you could use for that, but the Tide are elite on defense, good on offense and lost to a decent team because of crazy turnovers luck, and in a year when almost no one is great on both sides of the ball, that's enough for top-four.

2. The retroactive biggest game of the year was played in a hurricane.

by Steven Godfrey

You could argue the biggest determinant in the title race to this point is Hurricane Joaquin. That storm system poured on No. 5 Notre Dame and No. 1 Clemson during their Oct. 3 game, one the committee has ruled as the most impactful of the year to this point. Clemson withstood a 19-point Irish fourth quarter that ended on a failed two-point conversion for a 24-22 win, but neither team looked like it has in any other game this year.

Deshaun Watson had a season-low 10 completions, and after two first quarter touchdown passes, the Tigers' offense struggled to complete drives.

Notre Dame had four second-half turnovers, including two in the last seven minutes, and yet still ended the game a play away from a tie.

How much of this was adverse conditions and the emotion of a big setting? How much of this is over-examination in hindsight? Maybe the Irish turn the ball over one fewer time in a dry, noon game, though maybe Clemson's play calls aren't as conservative with a double-digit lead. The longer these teams keep winning, the more questions we can ask about this game.

3. The Big 12's got plenty of opportunities to catch up

by Pete Volk

There are three undefeated teams in the Big 12, but none cracked the top four. That makes sense, but it's not necessarily going to stay that way. The good Big 12 teams simply haven't played enough quality opponents to earn noteworthy wins.

Last year, weak schedules hurt Baylor and TCU, passed by Ohio State after conference title week. But this year's different. There are four top-15 teams in the conference (slightly more than at this point last year, when the fourth was No. 18), and each has to play the others over the rest of the year.

"They have their strength of schedule in front of them," Long said. "Those teams just haven't played their strong teams yet. We will see how they stack up as we get closer to the end of the season."

The Big 12's backloaded schedule gives it plenty of chances to move a contender or two up, and it all starts this week.

Nov. 7: No. 8 TCU at No. 14 Oklahoma State
Nov. 14: No. 15 Oklahoma at No. 6 Baylor
Nov. 21: No. 8 TCU at No. 15 Oklahoma, No. 6 Baylor at No. 14 Oklahoma State
Nov. 27: No. 8 TCU at No. 6 Baylor,
Nov. 28: No. 15 Oklahoma at No. 14 Oklahoma State

4. Seriously, does Memphis have a Playoff prayer?

by Steven Godfrey

Memphis, the AAC and non-power contenders past, present and future have to pull for No. 18 Ole Miss now. The Tigers were unable to break into the top 10 with an 8-0 record and a home win over the Rebels, so even with upcoming games against No. 25 Houston and No. 22 Temple, they're going to need help to make any serious Playoff run.

Five one-loss teams are ahead of the Tigers, some without a win as convincing as a double-digit embarrassment of Ole Miss. And yet this is actually progress for non-power schools. Memphis is the highest-ranked Group of 5 school in the two-year history of committee rankings, a whopping seven spots ahead of the finish for Boise State last year.

That's great, but what does that say about a non-power's real shot at ever making the Playoff? The Tigers scheduled as well as they possibly could with Ole Miss, Bowling Green and Kansas (hey, it's a power school). Not to mention the fact that their own conference is in the midst of a renaissance.

The Tigers' No. 88 strength of schedule (per ESPN's ratings) could be the glass ceiling. The only other school in the top 15 with a worse SOS? Baylor. And what if No. 25 Houston ends up running the table in the AAC? UH's SOS is 124.

Last edited:
Am I the only guy not sold on Clemson as the #1? Yeah they beat the Irish but outside of FSU this week their schedule is soft as hell IMO. If they get past FSU they'll easily win out.

I don't see anyone else more worthy of the #1 spot up to this point

Clem/LSU/Bama/TCU/Baylor/MSU/OSU all control their own destinies. Pretty straight forward for them. May be unfair that a some teams may need to go undefeated just to have a shot at the playoff, but that's the climate that we are in now

Hell, Oklahoma state too

Last edited:
If LSU beats Bama which I think they will they'll be number 1 next week. Cook better eat on Saturday.

Cook a beast but he can't beat Clemson alone, Clemson coordinators bout to mop them boys up smh
(really hope Im wrong for recruitings sake)

We said that to. All the miami players were supposedly going to be "ready" for him :rofl:

The Miami players said they were gonna be ready. Almost every team says that tho. Lawson said they were gonna "show him why he should've come to Clemson".

But can they stop SMAGURE DA GAWD.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom