OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

ironwolf.0.0.jpeg

I've always thought J.T. Barrett was the better QB of the two between he and Cardale Jones, but I understood the predicament that Urban Meyer (by virtue of his own doings) was in prior to this season and into the non-conference schedule. Barrett never lost you any games and is more conducive to the zone read running's success, but Cardale won them games against the most elite competition they faced in all of 2014 - Wisconsin, Alabama and Oregon, all consecutively - so must feel like you owe it to yourself to find out what's there.

They did, and actually Jones passed better in the conference schedule than he did in the non-conf slate of games, but ultimately he was benched because of his inability to match the threat Barrett poses to defenses in the zone read option, thus making Elliott and the rest of the team worse (Cardale has 20 att for -19 yards with a long of 8 in the conference schedule, Barrett has averaged 7.8 YPC on the season).

Minnesota doesn't really have to worry about Braxton Miller passing the ball downfield in spite of what Urban's said this week, right? I mean, I have the expectation that if Braxton is ever taking snaps it's a running play - either for Braxton or somebody else. With Barrett taking snaps with Braxton on the field, it could be a running play for a RB, WR, Barrett or Braxton. With Cardale, you can't let Braxton take the snaps unless you want to literally say to a defense, 'We're running the ball.' With Barrett and Braxton instead of Cardale, teams had to plan for everything due to Barrett's running ability and the defenses being forced to stay true to their lanes or else he'll hurt them. Cardale won't hurt anybody in that regard, or at least he hasn't yet this season.

Minnesota's probably the best competition Ohio State's seen where Cardale Jones was the featured QB all game.

Last edited:
I think Braxton will pass out of the wildcat eventually

Two rotator cuff surgeries on the same shoulder, I don't know, maybe. 'No evidence has been put forth that would convince me of it', that's how I'd put it.

how would the four teams from last year's CFB playoff (2014 Bama / OSU / Oregon / FSU) do if they had to play against the teams in the first CFB playoff rankings released Tuesday?

Coach Mac just needs to leave a message on Eason's phone, simply saying... The ship be sinking

how would the four teams from last year's CFB playoff (2014 Bama / OSU / Oregon / FSU) do if they had to play against the teams in the first CFB playoff rankings released Tuesday?

Every 2014 team would be favored

Pruitt leaving UGA would push Nauta to Florida moreso than Michigan, if anything
Not sure about that. Michigan feels really good about Nauta from what I've seen. 

Bobby, thought Vic was a LB? Seeing these rumors about Gentry moving to TE as well. 

Back
Top Bottom